PDA

View Full Version : Never give up!! Gotta love it ...

Speedy Broncs
03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Great job tonight, boys - never give up attitude got us the 2 points! Even after Brandon's PP goal near the end of the 3rd, we still pushed along for the tying goal. Smitty had his best game in awhile - points aside, he was gritty and skating very well ... good job Cappy! Hats off again to Felde - has been our most consistent hitter of late.

Question mark, however ... who is our number one goalie? Which one has been given the nod and is carrying the confidence as our number one? Absolutely not taking anything away from G'Berger, as he has played very well in his games, but everything that is being said in post-game coach comments points to Yonks still being the main man down the stretch.

Credit to the guys tonight. Good luck in the weekend games.

Flathead
03-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Question mark, however ... who is our number one goalie? Which one has been given the nod and is carrying the confidence as our number one? Absolutely not taking anything away from G'Berger, as he has played very well in his games, but everything that is being said in post-game coach comments points to Yonks still being the main man down the stretch.

That's a good question. I'm pretty sure Yonks is the guy that will get the nod as the starter in the playoffs, but Guggenberger has played just as good if not better as of late. Either way we have two very capable goalies.
Where has Rogers been lately, I like this kids game and think he could very easily replace a certain dman that's had a tough couple of games as of late.

stick boy
03-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Couldn't agree more. I think we need to have a number one guy and ride him into the playoffs. It is time to make a decision and go with it. In my mind it is Yonkman hands down, but hey I ain't the coach.

Hope this game will silence some of the Zack Smith doubters around the rink. I though he was great. Felde seems a little snake-bitten right now, he has been creating great scoring chances just can't finish. Maybe putting him on a top line with the likes of Smith, Stieler or Weise would really get him going. Weise will be back soon from the sounds of it, interesting to see if he will be hurling his body around as much or just trying to put the puck in the net.

Great to see almost 2200 at the rink on a Wednesday, looks good for some big crowds in the playoffs.

Speedy Broncs
03-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Both goalies have their attributes, but with only 5 games remaining - I like getting one of them smokin' hot and confident down the home stretch, and lead us into the playoffs.

Sounds like Weise may be good to go soon - maybe even this weekend. Will be interesting to see what happens with the line combos - do we see a return of Smith/Weise/Felde ... what happens with Steiler and Wudrick ... Felde's speed certainly is a nice fit with Eakin and Dowling??

Can't disagree with comment about Rogers - this kid's playing level sure jumped with the more time he was getting. Confidence increase for sure.

Nice problems to have - decisions re: playing/sitting based on availability of depth, not injury.

stick boy
03-06-2008, 04:29 PM
My question is are we playing Guggenberger in goal to see if he can be the guy next year?

Not many teams carry 20-year-old goalies, and from the looks of it Guggenberger is capable of being the guy with young Eric Ferber next in line.

Yonk is in a real battle right now to earn starts this year and to win a job for next season. Especially with all of the talented 19-year-olds coming back next season.

If it were me I would pick Weise, Smith, Dudas, Nelson, Yonkman, Dansereau, Stieler, McAvoy in that order. (I realize some may go pro by then)

Toswammi
03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
My question is are we playing Guggenberger in goal to see if he can be the guy next year?

Not many teams carry 20-year-old goalies, and from the looks of it Guggenberger is capable of being the guy with young Eric Ferber next in line.

Yonk is in a real battle right now to earn starts this year and to win a job for next season. Especially with all of the talented 19-year-olds coming back next season.

If it were me I would pick Weise, Smith, Dudas, Neslon, Yonkman, Dansereau, Stieler, McAvoy in that order. (I realize some may go pro by then)

You are making the assumption that Eric will be playing here next year. At last check i believe they said it was a possibility but no decision has been made in either direction.
Although interestingly enough it would give us two american goaltenders if this happened

Speedy Broncs
03-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Thinking the same thing about Guggenberger - is he being tested as the go-to goalie next year, time will only tell? Anyone know the status of the goalie from training camp (Ketting - can't remember first name) - he sure looked good in camp and I thought he was going to be Yonk's backup this year instead of Curtis.

Not knocking the skill of G'Berger and I realize that tough decisions are made (especially around 20 year old goalies), but that would be a tough one for Yonks, especially with having to watch Moir play all of his games. Again, nice to have options at all positions.