PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Division

dagley
03-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Garbage road trip, can't muster a win against two terrible teams, and cant muster a performance in Swift Current to save their lives.

wheat_city96
03-08-2008, 03:56 AM
from the looks of things tonight ... we dont deserve it

ProStaff
03-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Garbage road trip, can't muster a win against two terrible teams, and cant muster a performance in Swift Current to save their lives.
Hey buddy! you should watch who you call terriable! The Blades are the Hottest team in th league in the last month and both you and regina are lucky we arn't making the play-offs this year as you would be making an EARLY EXIT! ENJOY YOUR SHORT PLAY-OFF RUN!

sbtatter
03-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey buddy! you should watch who you call terriable! The Blades are the Hottest team in th league in the last month and both you and regina are lucky we arn't making the play-offs this year as you would be making an EARLY EXIT! ENJOY YOUR SHORT PLAY-OFF RUN! We're glad to be in the playoffs, that's for sure!!
Playing well for one month = missing the playoffs, better luck next year Blades!

GlutenGlutton
03-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Which of Moose Jaw or Swift Current are you calling terrible Dagley?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey buddy! you should watch who you call terriable! The Blades are the Hottest team in th league in the last month and both you and regina are lucky we arn't making the play-offs this year as you would be making an EARLY EXIT! ENJOY YOUR SHORT PLAY-OFF RUN!

Who are you trying to kid here? put down the crack pipe already. Even you know that the blades are not a playoff team this year. The standings, and most of the time, their play(every month before march) reflects that. Just because they can pull off a couple of wins against teams that are alot better than them doesnt mean that they would necessarily beat these teams in a playoff series.

and why is it that Blades fans are always bragging and talking out of their asses about their "mighty squad" everytime they get any slight inch of success? Honestly, show some class...unlike your team.

As for your claim, it would be very difficult for the blades to even beat the pats in a playoff series, nevermind clobber them like you think they will do. That is... unless the blades excessively dive and cheapshot players from behind like they did last time at the brandt centre against the pats (and get away with it)... though I suppose a club of this calibre has to resort to such things like that to get ahead, I guess.

I hope you enjoy the post season. I'll enjoy the playoffs at least a little bit no matter what, because any post season is better than none. Maybe Niemi can bring his "hardest shot" on to the greens this year with the rest of the blades, and if Zahn can translate his plus/minus into his golf game, he might actually be tough to beat.....on the course.

Like the last guy said, better luck next year! :groovy: dancing pi vci34 applause :laugh:

dagley
03-08-2008, 02:08 PM

LOL, Saskatoon is garbage.

dagley
03-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Which of Moose Jaw or Swift Current are you calling terrible Dagley?

Whoops! My bad, I seen PA on the schedule this month and thought we played them instead of MJ. My bad.

wheat_city96
03-08-2008, 04:59 PM

Short playoff run? atleast were in the playoffs. and you say if the blades made the playoffs they would beat brandon and regina? are you kidding me? your team is a joke there not in the playoffs for a reason - they suck.... and brandon seemed to sink down to the blades level that game and play like sh*t but dont try telling us that your team is better than ours.... cause if they were they would be in the playoffs!

Someone is bitter that there team isnt in the playoffs jeeze.

sbtatter
03-08-2008, 05:40 PM
when someone starts trash talking and their team isn't even in the running for the playoffs....

GlutenGlutton
03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
when someone starts trash talking and their team isn't even in the running for the playoffs....

Have to put yourself in the mind of a Blades fan. Nothing to play for for three months, have to starting creating things to entertain yourself!

ProStaff
03-08-2008, 07:25 PM
you regina and brandon fans are funny so you guy's play just hard enough to get into the play-offs but suck ass after that and think you guy's are good, the Blades are playing way better hockey than Regina or Brandon they don't even hold a candle to the Blades right now! and you guy's are lucky that there isn't a play-off race because you wouldn't be making it! Regina is the real team in trouble they go all out to stack the team and suck bad lately at lest Brandon has some good young talent for next year! Regina will have nothing!

GlutenGlutton
03-08-2008, 07:40 PM
you regina and brandon fans are funny so you guy's play just hard enough to get into the play-offs but suck ass after that and think you guy's are good, the Blades are playing way better hockey than Regina or Brandon they don't even hold a candle to the Blades right now! and you guy's are lucky that there isn't a play-off race because you wouldn't be making it! Regina is the real team in trouble they go all out to stack the team and suck bad lately at lest Brandon has some good young talent for next year! Regina will have nothing!

You bet!

patsdude114
03-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Regina is the real team in trouble they go all out to stack the team and suck bad lately at lest Brandon has some good young talent for next year! Regina will have nothing!

LOL i would hardly say we stacked our team, we brought in DEPTH PLAYERS....... guys like Watt, Doucet, Bender, Bartley, DePape and Jackson. I would hardly say we stacked our roster. These guys are all depth players at best.

I guess you are talking alittle smarts though, as yes you are right that the Wheat Kings hae some good young talent for nexted year.

But then you go off again talking non-sence, as you state the Pats will have nothing nexted season...... Hmmmmm last time i checked we will have Eberle, Cerveny, Teubert, Rowat along with some soild players like Leffler, Delahey, Jackson, Strueby and Mitchell.... Our 20 year olds are going to be a toss up but guys like Hill, Doucet, Bartley and MacAngus could make for a good training camp for 3 spots.

I think the question is what will the Blades have or better yet lets put it this way..... which Blades team will show up at the begining of the year to stay in a playoff race. The Blades under-achieved BIG TIME this season, but hey at least you guys have some entertainment on the ice by a guy who goes by REICH, to bad he cant play hockey though......

dagley
03-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Oh, Blades fans continue to amaze me. You and Gillies should be golf buddies.

Lets look at your record over the past 5 years;

2003-2004: 7-52-11-2 - 27 points - NO PLAYOFFS
2004-2005: 37-23-6-6 - 86 points - PLAYOFFS
2005-2006: 41-25-2-4 - 88 points - PLAYOFFS
2006-2007: 27-41-2-2 - 58 points - NO PLAYOFFS
2007-2008: 28-34-3-4 - 63 points - NO PLAYOFFS

Overall: 141-175-24-18 - 322 points

Ours:

2003-2004: 28-32-9-3 - 68 points - PLAYOFFS
2004-2005: 41-25-5-1 - 96 points - PLAYOFFS
2005-2006: 30-32-6-4 - 70 points - PLAYOFFS
2006-2007: 41-20-3-8 - 93 points - PLAYOFFS
2007-2008: 40-24-3-2 - 85 points - PLAYOFFS

Overall: 180-133-26-18 - 412 points

My conclusion suggest that Saskatoon sucks. Did I mention the two division titles, WHL finals appearance in those five years and Saskatoon getting nothing? The best thing coming from Saskatoon these days is Colton Gillies, and that is nothing special. Saskatoon has been the laughing stock of the Eastern Conference for the past few seasons, only Portland is worse. I doubt Saskatoon could beat Prince Albert in 7 games, and would get swept or beaten in five by Brandon or Regina.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-09-2008, 12:30 AM

You have no idea what you are talking about, do you? The pats have won 5 games in a row, and are on the verge of winning the pennant. Nobody can tell the future, but I am confident about this team in the playoffs.

And as for young talent, you will see next year. Watch for Jordan Weal on the pats next year, who is supposed to be like Eberle, who you can even admit is good, but a better skater. Also got some other good ones, but I think you should worry about your own team, especially since they have their fair share of problems right now, especially when they have a lesser group of prospects than a contending team like the pats.

dagley
03-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Oh yeah, about the whole talent issue:

Schenn
Glennie
Calvert
Regier
Stone
DePape
Hall
Walker
Erhnardt
Melnychuk
Miller

I think we're set for the next 5 years.

patsdude114
03-09-2008, 04:27 AM
the thing is in the deals we did give up we didnt really loose anything to be honest..... If Bartley doesnt return for nexted season then that will be the only deal we loose, Bartley is a better all around defenceman then Ross is.

Yes we traded away Miller but really if Miller was any good (like they say he is) why didn he make the Pats roster over Mitchell then as a 16 yr old. Other then that move we gave up roster players for roster players. Plus we added a offensive Dman in Jackson who is only 18. I would say this is 1 year that Parker did well in his deals, something that hasnt been able to been said for awhile.

Jordan Weal lead the BCMML (BC Major Midget League) in scoring with a 30 point cushion

Weal 39GP 38G 58A 96PTS 44PIM

also in 3 games with the Pats this season he recorded 1 assist during the Pats US road trip. Played 3rd and 2nd line during his call up.

Weal is suppose to be better then Eberle in skill wise, if this turns out to be true I would say the Pats will have some strong scoring for the nexted few seasons. Now im not saying i am going to expect Weal to score like Eberle did as a 16 yr old if Weal gets half as many goals as Eberle did as a 16 yr old i would be happy.

Its funny how these Blades fans can talk the smack when they have been bad the last 2 seasons. The only bright side this team has is the season is over in 1 week lol Oh ok ill be nice ok Niemi has been a bright player for them as is Elliott and Toomey. Thought i would say something positive for the Blades. I didnt expect the Blades to be this far out of a playoff spot though when the season started they had the right tools in place to be a playoff contender guys like Hulak, McRae, Gillies, Holtby, Fialia and Flatters (when they got these players early in season) but they under-achieved and now have their bags half packed already.

wango tango
03-09-2008, 01:56 PM
funniest thing about this thread, one poster makes a comment about a team that's not making the playoffs, and others snap and go off on the guy. touch a nerve maybe?

there are only two teams who can brag about being champions. that's medicine hat and vancouver. everything else is like kissing your sister, sure it's a kiss, but you sure don't enjoy it. sports, and junior hockey especially, is a what have you done for me lately business. anything less than a championship and you are just like everyone else, an also ran.

sbtatter
03-09-2008, 02:23 PM
It's just humerous when a guy who isn't in the fight runs his mouth off...the Blades are finding out that playing well for one month doesn't make up for 4 months of under achieving.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Going h*llbent for wins now means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You misssed the playoffs by a mile so your comments are what they call "chicken poop" now.

Bocephus
03-09-2008, 08:24 PM
NEXTED? huh?!?!
I suppose when it is repeated a half dozen times it isn't a typo.
Honestly, NEXTED?!?!

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
NEXTED? huh?!?!
Honestly, NEXTED?!?!

Honestly Bocephus, It was repeated so many times I was beginning to think I've been wrong all my life.

Vik
03-10-2008, 01:08 AM
NEXTED? huh?!?!
Honestly, NEXTED?!?!
My guess is it's the past tense version of "next". How something that is "next" can be put in the past tense, I'm not quite sure though.

wheat_city96
03-10-2008, 01:50 PM
We had a dog named Bocephus livin in the front yard
He liked sleeping out on top of the car
He drank beer out of a mason jar
And he'd climb up on everyone in bed. :groovy:

sorry i get a kick out of your name it reminds me of that kenny chesney song.
i had to listen to it right away when i saw that name.

Fight Guy
03-10-2008, 01:53 PM
sorry i get a kick out of your name it reminds me of that kenny chesney song.
...who's Kenny Chesney???

wheat_city96
03-10-2008, 01:54 PM
obviously you dont listen to country... hes one of the best.

the song is called keg in the closet .

:D

Fight Guy
03-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Hmmm...should have known he was a country singer...lol. Sounds like a country singer name. :dead: And no need for the name of the song...I won't be looking it up haha

Yeah...I like my heavy metal punk rock

Back to topic though...

I really have nothing...lol. I read it earlier and already read what I would have said in regards to ProStaff:clown:, so I see no need to repeat.

ProStaff
03-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Its funny how Regina and Brandon think they are elite teams! oh well I guess you wil get 2 extra home games before your golfing season begins1 LOL

Joe Hallenback
03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Brandon is an elite team

They stay competitive year after year and produce top end talent for the NHL draft.

Its a great environment for young kids to come and play in and I think after the year Schenn is having after almost balking at playing in Brandon will go along way to showing players across western Canada and the US that Brandon is excellent organization to come and develop in.

I feel bad for Saskatoon. I dont know what went wrong there this year but it doesnt look good next year. Besides Elliot and Niemi their 90 and 91 born players are nothing but average. The great Bantam draft of 2006 netted them Mitch Berg who will be a good servicable defenceman in the WHL but will never be more then average.

It must be tough to see Brandon end up with Schenn,Glennie and Melnychuk while you get stuck with Berg,Hamilton and Morrison. It must be tough to watch the Wheat Kings make the playoffs year after year. Never seeming to have a "bad year".

Brandon may not be the biggest city. It may not have the lure of big Cites like Vancouver,Calgary or Edmonton. But what it does do is exploit the geography of its location by being the best at scouting talent in Manitoba. By doing this they have turned up gems of prospects like a Matt Calvert who went undrafted and is now a surefire bet to be a NHL draft pick this year.

dagley
03-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Its funny how Regina and Brandon think they are elite teams! oh well I guess you wil get 2 extra home games before your golfing season begins1 LOL

Projected to only win 10-15 games, win 40. We're in the MasterCard Top 10 during the first few weeks of the season, 24-9-1-0 at home, over .500 on the road compared to your measily 21-11 at home and 7-22 away. #3 in most goals scored, least amount of penalty minutes. Three rookies that are better than anyone currently playing on your entire team, and probably better than any three rookies in the league, more than likely an MVP in the next few years and probably a league title. What do you got? Potential Memorial Cup?

sbtatter
03-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Its funny how Regina and Brandon think they are elite teams! oh well I guess you wil get 2 extra home games before your golfing season begins1 LOLNot making the playoffs and still chirping...classey!! Better luck next season, once your team actually makes the playoffs we might listen to you.....

wango tango
03-11-2008, 12:39 PM
as a blades fan i sometimes shake my head at my fellow blades fans. though i do find it funny how much this has stirred the pot. like i said before, touched a nerve maybe?

fact is if the standings do not change regina and brandon will meet in the first round. one of those two good teams will go home early. i would guess it would be more devastating to regina fans than brandon fans to meet an early end.

all eight teams in the eastern conference are pretty decent and any one of them, if they're at the top of their game, could win the conference title.

any whl teams success can be attributed to solid and stable management and scouting. which is why i feel saskatoon is going in the right direction.

i would like nothing better than to be in the playoffs this year, i will have to settle for a solid ending to this season, and the promise of better for next. good luck to all the teams in the post season, and to their fans have fun.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
My name is Prostaff. I am 35 years old, but often confused to be 6 due to my behaviour.

My interests include trolling forums on a junior hockey site on occasion, and perfecting the art of douchebaggery. My idol is Teigan Zahn, and someday I wish to be as big of a douche as he is, but only with practice.

My turn offs are as follows. Logic, goals, clean hits and anything that doesnt relate to the Saskatoon Blades being better than everyone else.

My turn ons include getting a rise out of opposing team fans, watching my team dive and whine(cough FIALA cough) and Gillies hitting people from behind with a charging elbow, but I guess thats everyone in Saskatoon likes that. I probably like country music, and watch nascar too.

PS: just a joke for other saskatoon fans. Im sorry you have to put up with the likes to this guy. They are everywhere, unfortunately.

dagley
03-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Of course it touched a nerve, when a Saskatoon fan comes on talking garbage when his team is nowhere near a playoff spot and is acting like they could beat Regina and/or Brandon in 7 games.

Fight Guy
03-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I've decided to just ignore the guy seeing as how he pretty much said the same thing each time he posted. Apparently he is unoriginal too!

wango tango
03-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Of course it touched a nerve, when a Saskatoon fan comes on talking garbage when his team is nowhere near a playoff spot and is acting like they could beat Regina and/or Brandon in 7 games.

based on the regular season i know saskatoon would beat regina in a seven game series, and we'd be in tough but have a chance against brandon (how's that for enciting a response)! that's the beauty of playoff hockey, anything can, and does happen.

saskatoon isn't as far out as you'd think. the eastern conference is just that good this year, and i believe will be just as tough for years to come having four out of 12 teams missing the playoffs. the level of play has to come up just to make the playoffs, and half of those 8 teams will be ushered out in 1 round.

getting some playoff experience, even if it is short, can be valuable, but it leaves fans with a bit of a bad taste in the mouth, and often times feeling the season wasn't a success.

ProStaff
03-11-2008, 02:16 PM
My name is Prostaff. I am 35 years old, but often confused to be 6 due to my behaviour.

My interests include trolling forums on a junior hockey site on occasion, and perfecting the art of douchebaggery. My idol is Teigan Zahn, and someday I wish to be as big of a douche as he is, but only with practice.

My turn offs are as follows. Logic, goals, clean hits and anything that doesnt relate to the Saskatoon Blades being better than everyone else.

My turn ons include getting a rise out of opposing team fans, watching my team dive and whine(cough FIALA cough) and Gillies hitting people from behind with a charging elbow, but I guess thats everyone in Saskatoon likes that. I probably like country music, and watch nascar too.

PS: just a joke for other saskatoon fans. Im sorry you have to put up with the likes to this guy. They are everywhere, unfortunately.

Your funny! your post shows your true character! I have never once attacked anyone personally in my posts! yet you do! and like my fellow Blades fan is surprised at all the responses from my one comment I am to! the only thing you got right in your post is I like country music!

And for the record I like Brandon, I like their coach and how they run their hockey club! But Regina thats a different story! and I speak from experience I watch the blades make tons of changes at the trade deadline for a play-off run and it back fired on them just like it will for Regina, Brandon will sweep the pats no problem! oh ya Some_Arrogant_Jerk, we are a better team than the Pats we proved that all year! we pounded you guy's on the score board and in the fights all season long! so you can talk all you want! at least I can back it up with how we played you guy's all season long! what do you got other than 2 extra home games!

Vik
03-11-2008, 02:52 PM
getting some playoff experience, even if it is short, can be valuable, but it leaves fans with a bit of a bad taste in the mouth, and often times feeling the season wasn't a success.
As far as Brandon goes, this season is already a success. The only disappointment really from our expectations at the start of the year is we won't be getting as a high a draft pick as we expected. And I'll take that as the major disappointment any year.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-11-2008, 04:05 PM
When you talk **** about an entire team/city/fanbase, you should expect some attacks against you... so dont try playing the innocent card.

You seem so convinced that Regina is going to get swept. Why is this? Regina is a strong team has been hot lately, and this team has not even peaked yet. We also pounded Brandon last time the teams faced, and for all we know, Regina could actually sweep the WKs in the home and home. Perhaps last year, the pats were similar to the 2005-06 blades, being that they won the first round series by 6, and then got swept by med hat in the second....but this year is different. Completely different type of team. Not a run and gun, but a primarily defensive physical team with underrated skill. Not to mention solid leadership, unlike those blades.

This isnt because of a bias, is it?

and winning the season series 5 games to 3 does not prove that you are the better team. The pats are 20 games above .500, and are on the verge of taking this years pennant, while the blades are below .500 and are missing the playoffs. They have hardly proved that they are a better team. The pats lost the season series to Red Deer, and portland for that matter as well. Does that mean that those two teams are better than Regina is this year? yet that Calgary and Kootenay are worse?

See, I was right about you and logic.

FYI, the blades won the fights in that one game, but alot of that had to due with the fact that they got whooped in the fights the last game. They wanted revenge. Even if the blades are overall better fighters, doesnt mean they are more physical during gameplay, which the pats are. Checking and hitting is more important than fighting when you are trying to win the game.

I dont know why we seem to lose to the blades, while we consistantly come to play against the Calgarys, and the Kootenays out there, but I know it isnt because the blades are a stronger team. if that was the case, the blades would be in 2nd right now...which they are obviously not.

ProStaff
03-11-2008, 04:19 PM
When you talk **** about an entire team/city/fanbase, you should expect some attacks against you... so dont try playing the innocent card.

You seem so convinced that Regina is going to get swept. Why is this? Regina is a strong team has been hot lately, and this team has not even peaked yet. We also pounded Brandon last time the teams faced, and for all we know, Regina could actually sweep the WKs in the home and home. Perhaps last year, the pats were similar to the 2005-06 blades, being that they won the first round series by 6, and then got swept by med hat in the second....but this year is different. Completely different type of team. Not a run and gun, but a primarily defensive physical team with underrated skill. Not to mention solid leadership, unlike those blades.

This isnt because of a bias, is it?

and winning the season series 5 games to 3 does not prove that you are the better team. The pats are 20 games above .500, and are on the verge of taking this years pennant, while the blades are below .500 and are missing the playoffs. They have hardly proved that they are a better team. The pats lost the season series to Red Deer, and portland for that matter as well. Does that mean that those two teams are better than Regina is this year? yet that Calgary and Kootenay are worse?

See, I was right about you and logic.

FYI, the blades won the fights in that one game, but alot of that had to due with the fact that they got whooped in the fights the last game. They wanted revenge. Even if the blades are overall better fighters, doesnt mean they are more physical during gameplay, which the pats are. Checking and hitting is more important than fighting when you are trying to win the game.

I dont know why we seem to lose to the blades, while we consistantly come to play against the Calgarys, and the Kootenays out there, but I know it isnt because the blades are a stronger team. if that was the case, the blades would be in 2nd right now...which they are obviously not.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk man you need to relax!! it's just a game!! man I do a little harmless trash talk and you need to do a whole bunch of personal attacks! man you guy's take this Forum stuff way to serious!!

Fight Guy
03-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I dont know why we seem to lose to the blades, while we consistantly come to play against the Calgarys, and the Kootenays out there, but I know it isnt because the blades are a stronger team. if that was the case, the blades would be in 2nd right now...which they are obviously not.I think I half of it was Holtby playing extremely well every game against the Pats.

dagley
03-11-2008, 05:29 PM
You would not sweep Brandon, are you kidding? You don't have enough defense to cover all 3 of our top 3 offensive lines, and our checking line would take it to you the entire series.

Fight Guy
03-11-2008, 06:03 PM
You would not sweep Brandon, are you kidding? You don't have enough defense to cover all 3 of our top 3 offensive lines, and our checking line would take it to you the entire series.
He didn't say a playoff series...he said, "...Regina could actually sweep the WKs in the home and home."

This home and home could help tell the story of how a seven game playoff series may go though.