PDA

View Full Version : coach to answer fans Questions

westbeach55
03-08-2008, 11:37 AM
there will be a chance for an open forum to ask gm and coach bruno campese some questions on monday at 7pm at the ahc. Just wondering if anyone is thinking of attending

Sabes
03-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Probably gonna check it out

eye4aneye
03-08-2008, 03:46 PM
sounds interesting....I would ask what are your plans for all them there 19 year olds?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Im willing to bet that one of those 3 choices will be traded for an overage defenceman, since PA doesnt have that much experience in the backend. Quality overage forwards are hard to come by, and PA will have three of them.

Maybe PA gets a guy like Cepek, or Ellerby(if he is back) as an overager...since those teams look like they will be pretty thin on the offence next year.

it only makes sense, though its all blind speculation, of course.

sbtatter
03-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Im willing to bet that one of those 3 choices will be traded for an overage defenceman, since PA doesnt have that much experience in the backend. Quality overage forwards are hard to come by, and PA will have three of them.

Maybe PA gets a guy like Cepek, or Ellerby(if he is back) as an overager...since those teams look like they will be pretty thin on the offence next year.

it only makes sense, though its all blind speculation, of course.In Brandon we too will be short of quality OA defenceman, and have an abundance of quality forwards to trade...

westbeach55
03-08-2008, 10:56 PM
the plan that I think will happen is....
Leblanc - release
Ottman - release
Hewson - release
Jagow - release
Brandl - play pro in Germany or somewhere
and Bernie , Mac, and Robertson will all stay

have to agree with that but would keep a couple for camp to make it interesting

westbeach55
03-08-2008, 10:58 PM
We dont have room to bring in a overage dman. we have tendler,deck,voracek,button,aasman,aschim and stebner.

yeah we won't need to bring in a dmen. we need to give them time to develop

eye4aneye
03-09-2008, 08:29 PM
defense ....young but good
stanford...well we know he is good
our offense, we need a healthy trach

It will be interesting to see who are voted captains as well. It would be nice though if a 19 yr old version of Ryan White became available....works hard, tons of ice time, good leader. White is PRICELESS!

TheSnowman
03-10-2008, 08:11 AM
It's a good group, don't get me wrong, but the right over-ager could make it that much better, without sacrificing too much time for any of them. It would be a good addition.

Dwight Schrute
03-10-2008, 05:46 PM
just a few months ago none of us thought that all 3 of gauthier may and flatters would be gone. personally the obvious 3 are bernhardt robertson and mcdonald, but id say its a safe bet that a year from now not all 3 would be on the roster

Swamptown
03-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I agree in those three being the obvious choice. I also highly doubt that all 3 will be Raiders by mid-october.

What we might need more than anything else is leadership.

westbeach55
03-10-2008, 08:18 PM
wow im impressed by the balls campese had to go up there and answer questions by the fans. I think the team and organization are going in the right direction. next year goaltending consultant, sports psycholgist, strenth trainer going to be hired. biggest thing is a plan in place from every part of the organization

whlhockeyfan13
03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Can someone summarize the questions asked and what the answers were? Anything stand out?

Raider Fan 88
03-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Did anyone else hear the Vann question that was asked? Sounds like Bruno will make a call and see what the kid is up to... maybe he will come back to help the d out... i'm sure the fans would like to see him back in the line up...

WestLEAFfan
03-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Did anyone else hear the Vann question that was asked? Sounds like Bruno will make a call and see what the kid is up to... maybe he will come back to help the d out... i'm sure the fans would like to see him back in the line up...

If I remember, I think Bruno also stated he didn't have much time for a player that chooses to leave during the season. Bruno made it very clear it was completely Vann's decision to leave. I wonder how the rest of the team feels about Vann?

RebelsFan
03-11-2008, 10:08 AM
He averaged 10 pims per game? Wow. I am not sure any team would be able to handle 720 pims from one player in the course of a full season. Taking out the fighting penalty minutes, he would still be averaging probably three 2 minute penalties per game. You would have to have a very good PK to offset that. Maybe he is worth it though. From the talk I remember him as a willing combatant. Do you have room on your d-core for a 1 point guy though. Maybe make a winger out of him.

eye4aneye
03-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Vann didn't want to play here anymore..why can't we just leave it alone. vci33 I think Bruno wants to move forward. The line up right now looks young but good. Anyone disagree?

sbtatter
03-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I never did know why vann left PA, still seems strange to me. We could use him now Erb and Yeo are out!

Stanfordfan
03-12-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm new to this site but from what I heard about Vann was that
1. He had a real problem with Clark (like alot of people)
2. He wanted to pursue a career in law enforcement and felt he didn't want to wait any longer to do that.