PDA

View Full Version : Pats 4 Raiders 2

patsdude114
03-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Well it was nice to see back to back wins against non playoff teams, I really hope the paper here stops talking about our 11 looses to non playoff teams already.... As its all woulda, shoulda coulda anyways.....

A soild game played by the Pats I would say, yes we got outshot again tonight but for the most part the Raiders didnt get many scoring chances. The 1st goal was a lucky bounce off the end boards nothing Rowat could of done there, we ended up getting the same type of goal right after on MacAngus goal, Butler didnt have a chance either.

Eberle notches 41st and 42nd goals of the season and had chances to score 3rd and 4th. Was nice to see MacAngus get on the score sheet along with Hill, both players have been consistant in their games this season but havent been consistant goal scorers. Hopfully these last 3 games and into the playoffs guys like MacAngus, Hill and Watt can chip in alittle more as we are going to need these types of players going to have some success.

Another very physical game for the Pats with 41 hits (stat from radio after game show) again Teubert gets it started on a big hit on Robertson. I thought tonight Mitchell was trying to do too much out there at times instead of keeping his game simple, like he has all season long.

I thought another great game reffed tonight back to back games where the refs let the players play 5 on 5 and we were treated to another good game. Tonight's game i thought was abit better though as the Radiers have more skill then the Oil Kings do. Everytime i watch Ryan White play i really enjoy his soild play lots of patience with the puck, has a physical side and can skate, rarely gets caught out of position.

A little side note....Just think the Kamloops Blazers had a really good top 4 defence at the begining of the year with Bartley, Bender, Ellerby and White. Just shows how much of a distraction the sale was on the team and other issues. I had thought the Blazers were going to be a very soild team contending for the top 2 spots in the BC division.

Anyways good soild home stand 5 wins in 5 games. Looking soild going into this nexted week with games against Moose Jaw and 2 against Brandon.

GO PATS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJSenterprise4
03-09-2008, 11:28 AM
P.A. played good and hit a couple post but Rowat played really really good again. Which is great to see him getting on a roll close to the playoffs. Eberle is amazing and it was great to see MacAngus and Hill score. MacAngus does all the work on the line and had been snake bitten for too long. Pyett and Delahey i thought have had two off games...especially Delahey where his D partner Pym has played better than him. For the life of me i can't see why anyone would want Ryan McDonald on there team. He doesn't work at all on the ice and he goes offside then doesn't try at all to turn around and get back he just slows up and keeps skating in. Then when he figures they are done he takes a 10 minute misconduct so he can go change early. I would have benched him last night. The Raiders kids played really well: dobrowolski, penner, herrod and even though he's not that young i still wish Matt Robertson was a Pat.

Dogstink
03-09-2008, 02:39 PM
AS expected, Eberle was amazing with a move after move that left PA players looking for their jockstraps and many fans scratching their heads. However I thought Cerveny showed some flash as well, so hopefully he can turn it up a notch when the playoffs start.

CJSenterprise4
03-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Cerveny did everything but score. He was one of the best players out there. He did 2 great moves to get in on net and then he threw one on net from a bad angle but i have no clue how it stayed out. He could have easily had a hat trick but should've at least had 1. He back-checked great though and played a solid all around game.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-09-2008, 11:41 PM
As adept with the puck as he is, Cervany seems to be all flash and no finish. He also needs to pass more, because he is a great passer when he does. Great hussle though, and good skater.

Next seasons stats will reflect how much he has learned this year. Perhaps he will put up as much as a guy like David Steiler did this year... maybe more?

I could see him as a different maker during the playoffs, with his hard work combined with skill. He is skilled enough to make a difference, but might fly under the radar in comparision to other players on the team. If guys like him step up in the playoffs, that could be an important difference.

patsdude114
03-10-2008, 01:45 AM
I have always liked this Cerveny kid right from day 1, earlier in the year I think he could of been more productive if he had been playing on a scoring line instead of a checking role. I was happy to see Hunt acknowledge his skill at trade deadline and put him with Watt and Doucet. I still believe if Cerveny had played with Hill and Ofukany things would of been alot better for all 3 for stat wise, but then again that is also woulda coulda but it didnt.

Cerveny in my mind (i have said it all year) is the nexted best skilled forward right behind Eberle just not as much finish which may come next season. This kid can stick handle in a phone booth, and never quits working. I could see him on a line next season with a Leffler and Strueby prob come later in the season Weal will be playing on his line. But then again could see him on the LW with Eberle also, as I really dont feel MacAngus will make the squad as a 20 yr old.

I am hoping Cerveny isnt like most euro's and want to go home once the season is complete. I hope he is able to perform at a high level once games start meaning alot more. Time will tell what really drives this kid.

witness
03-10-2008, 09:10 AM
PatsDude, you don't see MacAngus making the team next year??
The Pats won't have room for a 20 goal scorer??
They must have a line on another 20 year old. In my mind he is a given. On a team that doesn't score easy, you can not give away those goals.