PDA

View Full Version : Pogge?

Rebel66
01-17-2005, 12:11 PM
How has he looked? I know he posted a SO against the Blazers but given their performance in RD they aren't the strongest team around...

Is he a big upgrade on Bowles?

How have the other guys you got in the deal looked? Better than what you had?

ScottyWazz
01-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Pogge v. Bowles. Now this could be tough for me, because I was a fan of Bowles, but all things considered; Pogge looks stronger than Bowles on the mental side of things. It usually was a case with Bowles that he would let in a soft one and then let it get to him. Pogge seems to shake it off and let it go.

Yeo v. Rogers. I don't know. Yeo is a little sparkfire who can hit like a brickwall, but Rogers was a huge anchor on the blueline. You can't really make up for that size, but Yeo is playing bigger than he is.

Lucas v. Zalasky. I think these guys mirror each other to an extent. They both are a grinding kind of player and not afraid to share the wealth. It was pretty even all around.

I think most the guys coming over from P.G. were happy to get out. Pogge for one because someone finally wanted him to be a #1 instead of alternating starts with a rookie. It did a huge bit of good for the confiedence factor for them all.

Hitmen1
01-17-2005, 08:41 PM
I would suggest that it is very difficult to say whether Pogge is an upgrade or not considering he played against kamloops and Regina, not take anything from those teams but they are not exactly powerhouses. I just feel that anytime a goalie is giving up bad/weak goals that it is time to move on...Bowles was just not right for this team for some reason and lets just hope that Pogge can carry the Hitmen deep into the playoffs.

tazndevil
01-18-2005, 05:56 PM
I agree wit hyou. Taking nothing away from what Pogge accomplished on the weekend--- this 4 game road trip will be the test.

I think Pogge is an upgrade over Bowles, but Scotty was a great kid, and it must have been tough to trade a kid like that.

Yeo is a lot smaller than Rogers, but the both play the same game-- so I think they are a wash.

Same goes for Zalasky and Lucas. Overall--I think both teams got what they wanted and needed out of this deal.

Taz