PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch global TV sports tonight?

RocketMan
03-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Specifically Eric Dwyer's report on the giants and Rockets series. Talk about biased coverage. If you missed it, check it out tonight on channel 8 at around 11:35 or so.

fightstrap50
03-28-2005, 10:13 PM
i missed it but ill have to check it out later, which way is he leaning too?

RocketMan
03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
i missed it but ill have to check it out later, which way is he leaning too?He was whining about the officiating Vancouver received in the last game. Perhaps trying to influence Tuesday's game?? (hey it worked for the Rangers against the 'nucks in 1994). Usually you don't see that from so-called journalists or a TV station that supposed to be provincial in scope, at least that's what their name implies -- "Global TV BC"

C.F
03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
i missed it but ill have to check it out later, which way is he leaning too?
The Giants most likely. Just like a Kelowna channel would be biased towards the Rockets.

RocketMan
03-28-2005, 10:44 PM
The Giants most likely. Just like a Kelowna channel would be biased towards the Rockets.Actually, CHBC hasn't been biased. BTW, the former BCTV and now "Global BC" is not supposed to be a Vancouver only TV station, even though they act that way. They are broadcast throughout the province, hence their name.

rinkrat
03-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Ya,and in Vancouver we whine about Toronto,the real center of the media universe...So get in line.You've got a bit of a wait if you think BCTV or Global or CBC or our 26 radio stations will support your beloved rockets,over any other team.There's probably a dozen junior teams in the lower mainland.Not to mention golf shows,outdoor shows,concerts,plays.Just this afternoon i went and watched major midget championships,free admission,great hockey.

kevanie97
03-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Ya,and in Vancouver we whine about Toronto,the real center of the media universe...So get in line.You've got a bit of a wait if you think BCTV or Global or CBC or our 26 radio stations will support your beloved rockets,over any other team.There's probably a dozen junior teams in the lower mainland.Not to mention golf shows,outdoor shows,concerts,plays.Just this afternoon i went and watched major midget championships,free admission,great hockey.

And your point is what?...........not just people in Vancouver subscribe to thier channel, so we at least expect non bias reporting...........

With that in mind what really pissed me off was having to listen to the shaw announcers from Vancouver doing the games in Kelowna and acting like grand theft was happening to the Giants............HEY Bill shut the **** up you old and usless announcer with about as much knowledge about the game as chipmunk and to your counterpartner Dan Russell......layoff the donutes play a sport once in your life and then maybe i will oisten to your so called expert opinion you fat ass fu*k..........he is pathetic and I am sure never played a day in any sport other then challenging that kid in a hot dog eating competion.

RocketMan
03-28-2005, 11:49 PM
You've got a bit of a wait if you think BCTV or Global ... will support your beloved rockets,I don't expect them to, why do you expect them to blatantly support the giants? Global BC is not a local station, at least that is what they told the CRTC.
or our 26 radio stationsWho cares about local stations?

C.F
03-28-2005, 11:56 PM
And your point is what?...........not just people in Vancouver subscribe to thier channel, so we at least expect non bias reporting...........

With that in mind what really pissed me off was having to listen to the shaw announcers from Vancouver doing the games in Kelowna and acting like grand theft was happening to the Giants............HEY Bill shut the **** up you old and usless announcer with about as much knowledge about the game as chipmunk and to your counterpartner Dan Russell......layoff the donutes play a sport once in your life and then maybe i will oisten to your so called expert opinion you fat ass fu*k..........he is pathetic and I am sure never played a day in any sport other then challenging that kid in a hot dog eating competion.
What crawled up you ass and died? If a bias announcer makes you this pissed off, I sure don't want to be anywhere near you if something actually worth being upset about happens. The way you describe Dan Russell is very classless, you should be ashamed of yourself. If you actually grew up a little and listened to his sports talk show, you would realize he is a very smart guy. As for Bill Wilms, although he's a Giants homer, he's got more hockey knowledge in his pinky than you have in your brain. Stop being a little punk and show some class in our post.

Rocketman, I'm calling BS. I have a hard time believing your local channel isn't the least bit biased. Stop being biased towards your channel. ;) I will admit BCTV is a little biased. Although they are called BCTV, they are based in Vancouver, hence more Vancouver coverage. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

RocketMan
03-29-2005, 12:00 AM
HEY Bill shut the **** up you old and usless announcer with about as much knowledge about the game as chipmunk and to your counterpartner Dan Russell......layoff the donutes play a sport once in your life and then maybe i will oisten to your so called expert opinion you fat ass fu*k..........he is pathetic and I am sure never played a day in any sport other then challenging that kid in a hot dog eating competion.:laugh: :clap: Exactly! Fat dan does have porcine features. He reminds me of that actor in the movie Deliverance. You know the guy who was asked to grunt like a pig while he took it dry. What's up with Vancouver sportscasters? Did or could any of them play sports? Let's see, they have Fat Dan Russell, Eric "the dweeb" Dwyer, & squint barnes. How'd you like to play full-contact hockey against that crew? :laugh:

RocketMan
03-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Rocketman, I'm calling BS. I have a hard time believing your local channel isn't the least bit biased. Got proof? Besides who cares about our local stations or Vancouver's? They are not broadcast provincially or claim to be provincial in scope as global BC does.
Stop being biased towards your channel. ;) I will admit BCTV is a little biased. Although they are called BCTV, they are based in Vancouver, hence more Vancouver coverage.what part of "They are not a local station do you not understand?
If you don't like it, don't watch it.I don't watch it very often I can assure you. Just happened to catch it while channel surfing. If you admit that they are biased, then you shouldn't be surprised if some non-vancouverites don't like this provincial-scoped tv station's biased coverage of the series.

Some of the more sceptical (I would say astute) will just see it as an attempt to influence the officiating in the series.

amisk
03-29-2005, 12:39 AM
I am at a loss..I can not compete with the mud slinging I can not name even one Kelowna sports broadcaster,or anouncer, so you guys win...now stop fighting and act like gentlemen... Kevanie97-10 mins for instigating....Rocketman-10 mins for unsportsman like behavior.....Rinkrat and C.F. don't let it happen again!! I will over look it this time....see no bias here!!

Teaps
03-29-2005, 12:41 AM
If you don't like it, don't watch it.

If I Subscribe to it...i'm going to ****ing watch it...I will bet you a good amount of money or beer that over 75% of their viewers are NOT living in the lower mainland...which means, they have 25% Vancouver fans listening to this drivel...If the population of BC was 10M...That would mean only 2.5M people are from vancouver as apposed to 7.5M Out of the lower mainland...Get it now? BCTV should NOT get the priveledge to have BC in their name...****...Honestly...they are ****ing worse than quebec...At Least Quebec respects the rest of Canada's opinions...BCTV couldn't give a rats ass as to what the other 7.5M people care about. I pay money to watch that station and I Expect a god damn unbiased opinion on ANYTHING!!! I'm a canucks fan and come inches of puking when i watch their god damn post game ****...

eecliff
03-29-2005, 12:59 AM
It certainly seems like the Vancouver media influenced Sport BC back in early March when they named the BC Sports Team of the Year.

Sport BC awarded Trinity Western University Women’s Soccer team as “Team of the Year” over the Memorial Cup Champions…Give me a break !! What a bunch of crap that was !! :confused:

Just my opinion....

LMAO Square Wire - Squint Barnes what ever his name he's a :clown:

ee.....

Teaps
03-29-2005, 12:59 AM
But make sure you don't bash Brule beause He's been "Touched by an Angel". But we all know that the Giants are nohting but a bunch of "Gilmore Girls". We all know though, that the Giants can do no harm. Especially Cunning, who sent Weber to the "E.R."...If the GIants think they can win this series with shots from "The Outer Limits", and if they think they have the "Fear Factor" on the Rockets, They got another thing coming...These next 3 games, the Giants will see themselves "Trading Spaces" with the Rockets as they Rocks win the series 4-1. Come Friday, only the rockets will be "Still Standing"

kelownakarl
03-29-2005, 09:07 AM
But make sure you don't bash Brule beause He's been "Touched by an Angel". But we all know that the Giants are nohting but a bunch of "Gilmore Girls". We all know though, that the Giants can do no harm. Especially Cunning, who sent Weber to the "E.R."...If the GIants think they can win this series with shots from "The Outer Limits", and if they think they have the "Fear Factor" on the Rockets, They got another thing coming...These next 3 games, the Giants will see themselves "Trading Spaces" with the Rockets as they Rocks win the series 4-1. Come Friday, only the rockets will be "Still Standing"

How long did it take for you to come up with that masterpiece?

Jovorock
03-29-2005, 09:22 AM
I have a hard time believing your local channel isn't the least bit biased. Stop being biased towards your channel. ;) I will admit BCTV is a little biased.
The Kelowna Global channel is no where near as biased as BCTV, and Don Taylor's SN. BCTV is a BC channel and should not be that biased toward the Giants is all we are saying.

I can see them showing highlights of the Giants games because that is their largest market, but not that badly biased.

RocketMan
03-29-2005, 10:14 AM
But make sure you don't bash Brule beause He's been "Touched by an Angel". But we all know that the Giants are nohting but a bunch of "Gilmore Girls". We all know though, that the Giants can do no harm. Especially Cunning, who sent Weber to the "E.R."...If the GIants think they can win this series with shots from "The Outer Limits", and if they think they have the "Fear Factor" on the Rockets, They got another thing coming...These next 3 games, the Giants will see themselves "Trading Spaces" with the Rockets as they Rocks win the series 4-1. Come Friday, only the rockets will be "Still Standing":laugh: Well done Teaps! :thumb: