PDA

View Full Version : Is First Place Out Of Reach?

Scout
03-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Tied for second in the East with Brandon with three games left. Can we catch Regina who are five points ahead of both of us? With less than a week left in the season and both Regina and Swift Current having three games left, it will be tough. We don't have any easy games left. We play in Saskatoon on Wednesday, Moose Jaw on Friday and back home against Moose Jaw on Saturday. Saskatoon right now is the hottest team in the division going 7-2-0-1 in their last 10 being spoilers and beating the top teams in the division. They have been pretty much unbeatable on home ice since Feb. 1st only loosing twice since then, one of them being to the Broncos. The Blades will be hard to beat. We finish off the season with a home and home series against the Moose Jaw Warriors. The Broncos and Warriors have always been close games and we will be hard pressed to sweep the weekend but it can be done.
The Pats also have three games remaining. They play Wednesday in Moose Jaw and finish with a home and home against the Brandon Wheatkings who are both contenders for the East. With both teams having one home game and two road games left the opposing teams are not push overs and the games can go either way. I don't ever remember the East being this close the final week and right now it's anyones game.

Scout

BWK
03-09-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm not a mathematician but trying to do it here.

With Brandon playing Regina twice, if they split and Swift runs the table in their last 3, no.

For your guys to win the division, I think (????), Swift must win out, Regina must lose all three and PA must beat Brandon, Wednesday. I can't even begin to think what happens with OT games.

Anybody else better at the math?

d-man
03-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm not a mathematician but trying to do it here.

With Brandon playing Regina twice, if they split and Swift runs the table in their last 3, no.

For your guys to win the division, I think (????), Swift must win out, Regina must lose all three and PA must beat Brandon, Wednesday. I can't even begin to think what happens with OT games.

Anybody else better at the math?

Looks like any combo of a Regina win and a SC/Brandon loss and the Pats clinch :(
WKings hold their own fate if they can get a huge favor from MJ on Wed and beat PA themselves

Broncs in RD
03-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes

Believer
03-11-2008, 11:59 AM
guess we'll know for sure on Wednesday !