PDA

View Full Version : Four 30+ goal scorers

localguy
03-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Is it just me or is this team one of the best and deepest we've had in a very long time? Statistically I would have to say yes. Not only do we have over 120 goals from only four players, but our tenders are both doing well and our there oare only 2 player on teh team that aren't + players (they are only a -5 combined and our rookies are a combined +41 to date). If next year is supposed to be "the year", what the heck is this year supposed to be? Very impressed with this young team and all they have accomplished together. Awesome job Canes.

Side note: How is it that on the WHL site last week there was no mentin of Juha getting CHL goaltender of the week?

Random Comment
03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
I know the points are skewed with the three point games and all but based purely on wins this is the fourth best Hurricanes team of all time.

That being said I would like to know from everyone if they think talent wise if this team is better or worse then the 96-97 team... or arguably the most talented Hurricanes team of all time, the 89-90 team.

canes77
03-12-2008, 06:40 PM
I'd say compared with the '97 team, this year's forwards are similar if not a bit better, whereas the defense corp that year was as strong as we'll ever see. Two regular NHL d-men Phillips and Salvador (as well as a 3rd if you want to Purinton as being a former NHLer). We are a very fast team this year, but with the '97 team I'd say we had the fastest team AND the toughest team.

With this year's team, we arent that old given we have a lot of young guys, and dont have 11 (I think) 19 year olds plus the 3 overages like in '97...It was such a veteran and mature team in 1997 whereas this yr we're sort of near the average in terms of age.

As for the two strong years in the early 90's, I was pretty young but I remember we had the offense to easily get 6 goals a game. Wasn't one of those year when 6 Canes got 48 goals or more, wow...think of this year, we only have 4 guys who are at 30 or more goals and we're as skilled as any team.