PDA

View Full Version : Game 3

Jovorock
03-29-2005, 09:25 AM
It will be another good one with over 10,000 in Vancity tonite.

kelownakarl
03-29-2005, 09:33 AM
momentum on the rockets side..... silence the so called big city critics!

Squig
03-29-2005, 09:41 AM
try to come out hard again and get up on them early. Lets hope the ref stays out of the game and lets them play.

Go Rockets Go!!

Jovorock
03-29-2005, 09:45 AM
I hope they win both, but I think the best opportunity to win is tonite.

RocketMan
03-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I think the pressure is on the Giants. Big crowd and heightened (biased) media hype given they got a split in Kelowna. I think the giants will be nervous. I posted before that I think it will be 4 - 2 Kelowna win and I am sticking with it.

Beaner
03-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Lets hope the ref stays out of the game and lets them play.

I'll second that, but looking at how all the series are going around the league I somehow doubt that will happen.

rinkrat
03-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Is Mr.Weber playing tonight? For some reason the injuries are not listed on the WHL site.

mccabe23
03-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Is Mr.Weber playing tonight? For some reason the injuries are not listed on the WHL site.

No, Shea isn't playing tonight. However, I heard last night that if the series goes into a game 6/7 situation, Weber will be in the lineup. Apparently he is ready but is waiting to see the outcome of tonight and tomorrows games.

I hope he gets in there soon because we really miss him. We could really use his point shot on the powerplay and his toughness in our own zone. Also, as this may be his last year, I'd sure love to see him as much as possible. He's always a threat when on the ice and he's a fun kid to watch play.

C.F
03-29-2005, 03:08 PM
I think the pressure is on the Giants. Big crowd and heightened (biased) media hype given they got a split in Kelowna. I think the giants will be nervous. I posted before that I think it will be 4 - 2 Kelowna win and I am sticking with it.
The Giants are used to big crowds and lot os media attention. If anything, it will be an advantage for Vancouver.

Teaps
03-29-2005, 03:25 PM
If anything, it will be an advantage for Vancouver.

I read in the paper the other day that each team is trying to avoid "calling out the refs and other team" so it doesn't ignite their opposition...Well...BCTV is doing it FOR the Giants, now the rockets have fuel. They get to show BC and western canada how stupid these people really are! THANKS BCTV!!!

RocketMan
03-29-2005, 03:34 PM
The Giants are used to big crowds and lot os media attention. If anything, it will be an advantage for Vancouver.Perhaps in the regular season, but the playoffs are very different matter. The giants have very little experience in that regard. I believe the pressure is on the them now.

BTW, I just had a look at the records for the giants' home playoff games last year. None of the crowds very big relative to the coliseum's seating capacity. The largest crowd I saw was only 7816 (about half-full); most of the games were around the low 6000's, with a couple games under 6K. I suspect tonight will be different. We'll see how it plays out.

C.F
03-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Perhaps in the regular season, but the playoffs are very different matter. The giants have very little experience in that regard. I believe the pressure is on the them now.

BTW, I just had a look at the records for the giants' home playoff games last year. None of the crowds very big relative to the coliseum's seating capacity. The largest crowd I saw was only 7816 (about half-full); most of the games were around the low 6000's, with a couple games under 6K. I suspect tonight will be different. We'll see how it plays out.The Giants actually averaged over 8000 fans, and had at least 6 game where there was over 10,000 fans. From what I can remember, they only lost one of those games in front of a large crowd. Once agian-advantage Vancouver.

Beaner
03-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Perhaps in the regular season, but the playoffs are very different matter. The giants have very little experience in that regard. I believe the pressure is on the them now.

BTW, I just had a look at the records for the giants' home playoff games last year. None of the crowds very big relative to the coliseum's seating capacity. The largest crowd I saw was only 7816 (about half-full); most of the games were around the low 6000's, with a couple games under 6K. I suspect tonight will be different. We'll see how it plays out.

They opened the box office early today, around 12:00, the estimate going around is 12k tonight.

RocketMan
03-29-2005, 05:27 PM
The Giants actually averaged over 8000 fans, and had at least 6 game where there was over 10,000 fans.Where are you getting those numbers from? They only played 6 playoff home games last year. The numbers you cite for last year's playoffs are very different from the detailed score sheets for each game maintained by the WHL's official web site. They go back several years including playoffs. Or are you citing meaningless numbers from the regular season, where the games are far less important or significant?
From what I can remember, they only lost one of those games in front of a large crowd. Once agian-advantage Vancouver.The giants were only .500 at home during last year's playoffs and got smoked in their final playoff home game by Everett 6-2 in front of a crowd of 5,883 (do the WHL score sheets have it all wrong??). That doesn't sound like much of an advantage to me.

C.F
03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm talking about regular season. I don't see how the nerves of playing in front of a large crowd changes during the playoffs. The Giants are comfortable playing in front of large crowds, and they have proven that.

RocketMan
03-29-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm talking about regular season.Ok, it wasn't clear at all what you were referring to exactly, but thanks for clearing it up.
I don't see how the nerves of playing in front of a large crowd changes during the playoffs.I do. Playoff pressure is quite a different thing than an ordinary regular season game. I suspect most people that have followed hockey long enough know that.
The Giants are comfortable playing in front of large crowds, and they have proven that.Not in an important playoff game they haven't. Perhaps they will tonight, but until they do prove it, it remains a very uncertain factor. The Rockets will feel it too, but I believe more of the pressure is on Vancouver given the expected never-before-seen playoff crowd and the hype.

Beaner
03-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Who knows who's feeling the pressure. Both teams have a lot of pressure right now.

Guess we will just have to wait 2hrs. and find out.

Enjoy the game everyone.

RocketMan
03-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Guess we will just have to wait 2hrs.In that regard, I think the first period, especially the first half and whoever gets the first goal will really be interesting. BTW, if 12K do show up, is that the largest crowd for a playoff game ever in the whl?? The crowd in Calgary should be large as well.
Enjoy the game everyone.You too :thumb: I for one am not missing the NHL one little bit. I am really looking forward to this game. If it's anything like the last two, it will be awesome.

Beaner
03-29-2005, 07:10 PM
In that regard, I think the first period, especially the first half and whoever gets the first goal will really be interesting.

Maybe, but if Im not mistaken every game between these 2 teams this year has come down to the last half of the third period. Except of course the final regular season game, of course. :) Sorry couldn't resist.

Neither team has given up in any of the games this year and I dont expect either team to start now.

BTW, if 12K do show up, is that the largest crowd for a playoff game ever in the whl?? The crowd in Calgary should be large as well.

Looking at the regular season I think the Hitmen will outdraw Van.

You too :thumb: I for one am not missing the NHL one little bit. I am really looking forward to this game. If it's anything like the last two, it will be awesome.

What's to miss? The Dub is the best Hockey win or lose bar none.

Can't wait, all ready to go, having a quick pop before I head out. :)

RocketMan
03-29-2005, 07:21 PM
What's to miss? The Dub is the best Hockey win or lose bar none. Can't wait, all ready to go, having a quick pop before I head out. :)Damn, I wish I could've made it to the game. TV is ok, but there's nothing like seeing the live action, plus the atmosphere.
having a quick pop before I head out.Cheers :D and here's hoping the ref keeps out of it and doesn't try to be a star in front of the big crowd and TV cameras.

1 hour 39 minutes and counting.

C.F
03-30-2005, 12:14 AM
If that wasn't home ice advantage, I don't know what was! Once the Giants gave the crowd something to cheer about, their play excellerated a ton. What a great game, this is turning out to be a great series!

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 12:32 AM
If that wasn't home ice advantage, I don't know what was!It certainly wasn't for the first half of the game. Even the giants' colour man Wilms admitted that and Russel agreed. As they said, the giants looked out of synch and were lucky to be down only one after the first.
Once the Giants gave the crowd something to cheer about, their play excellerated a ton. What a great game, this is turning out to be a great series!I thought the crowd was dead until after the giants first goal more half-way through the game. The game was exciting though, but only for the comeback the giants pulled out. The Rockets gave the game away as much as the giants took it. Needlessly to say, tomorrow the Rockets will really be under pressure. It's a must win for them.

C.F
03-30-2005, 12:47 AM
It certainly wasn't for the first half of the game. Even the giants' colour man Wilms admitted that and Russel agreed. As they said, the giants looked out of synch and were lucky to be down only one after the first.I thought the crowd was dead until after the giants first goal more half-way through the game. The game was exciting though, but only for the comeback the giants pulled out. The Rockets gave the game away as much as the giants took it. Needlessly to say, tomorrow the Rockets will really be under pressure. It's a must win for them.
The crowd had nothing to cheer about, the Giants had a bad start. But like I said, once they got into it, the Giants looked like a better team.

When Wilms mentioned the Giants bad play, did he squeeze in the fact that Brule is the best player on the planet? I just have a tough time seeing him critisize the Giants like that. ;)

Beaner
03-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Both teams looked a little shakey in the first, but I'll give the confidence edge to the Rockets at the start. 7-8 shots not a tonne of scoring chances, they both looked a little nervous.

After Vancouver scored to make it 3-1 you could just see the momentum swing completely to the Giants side.

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 12:58 AM
The crowd had nothing to cheer about, the Giants had a bad start.Hmmm, I wonder why?
When Wilms mentioned the Giants bad play, did he squeeze in the fact that Brule is the best player on the planet? I just have a tough time seeing him critisize the Giants like that. ;)No he just said that sometimes a big crowd at home can have, and I quote, "a reverse effect on a team". But, you're right I was expecting him to add a superfluous Brule plug. He did eventually. BTW, Brule was outstanding once he showed up.

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Both teams looked a little shakey in the first, but I'll give the confidence edge to the Rockets at the start. 7-8 shots not a tonne of scoring chances, they both looked a little nervous.I didn't see it that way at all, nor did the giants own radio colour team Russell and Wilms. The Rockets should've been up by more than one after the first. The giants were not really in it until well into the second after a pretty flukey PP goal. They had a terrible start. The Rockets built up a usually commanding 3-0 lead which is a damn good start and then tried to sit on it while playing only 4 d-men.
After Vancouver scored to make it 3-1 you could just see the momentum swing completely to the Giants side.Yup, but that didn't happen until half-way through the game.