PDA

View Full Version : Any predictions on how this will settle out?

Eagle
03-11-2008, 12:41 PM
An interesting next couple of days...Calgary's last two games against the Ice - we took the season series 5-1 but these last two aren't going to be cake walk. Lethbridge has two against the Hat (Hat leads series 4-2) and one against the Ice (Kootenay leads series 4-1). Well, what are the thoughts? Can the Hitmen take the East and possibly the conference? Before our boys even take to the ice, they should have a little clearer picture of the pressure...

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-11-2008, 02:39 PM
An interesting next couple of days...Calgary's last two games against the Ice - we took the season series 5-1 but these last two aren't going to be cake walk. Lethbridge has two against the Hat (Hat leads series 4-2) and one against the Ice (Kootenay leads series 4-1). Well, what are the thoughts? Can the Hitmen take the East and possibly the conference? Before our boys even take to the ice, they should have a little clearer picture of the pressure...
Here is one to mull over. The Ice win all 3 of their games and take first place. Not as unbelievable as it seems. They have pretty much the best record over the last 2 months. With everyone watching Calg and Leth for first, this would indeed be a nasty little twist.

Eagle
03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
and it just keeps getting tighter and tighter...the Hat win again. Ouch, what to think if they steal the last two from the Bridge...
As for our Hitmen, I think it would be a confidence killer if they couldn't hang on to the Division title...to be leading then lose it the last weekend of the season - not good. I think this year is going to be the toughest playoffs and on paper every series can go to 7 games. If you have some confidence, feel good going into playoffs then every little edge helps...lose it and it may take a couple games to get it clicking again, by that time it may be too late.

As for the first round, I think I am hoping to play the Wheaties or Broncos...I think either will be a good first round opponent - Perricone in Moose Jaw makes me a bit nervous...

Hitmen1
03-12-2008, 08:17 AM
As for the first round, I think I am hoping to play the Wheaties or Broncos...I think either will be a good first round opponent - Perricone in Moose Jaw makes me a bit nervous...

I agree 100%, the one team that I hope the Hitmen do not face in the first round is Moose Jaw. Perricone is very good goalie and there is just something about that team that makes me nervous.

Eagle
03-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Here is one to mull over. The Ice win all 3 of their games and take first place. Not as unbelievable as it seems.

A possibility indeed after tonights game. I think Calgary will split with the Ice, Lethbridge splits the last two with the Hat and takes Edmonton on the final day.
Final Standings:
Calgary 97 pts
Lethbridge 95 pts
Kootenay 94 pts
MedHat 93 pts

Hitmen1
03-15-2008, 09:59 PM
With the win tonight, I believe, the Hitmen have clinched the Eastern conference and will play Moose Jaw in the first round of the playoffs.

Eagle
03-15-2008, 10:22 PM
We take the conference, or more specifically our division. Had to listen to snippets of the game on the radio tonight but man have we got Kootenay's number or what...I would love to watch a Hurricane-Ice game cause I don't get it...We can take the Ice, Ice seem to take the Bridge and the Bridge take us...MedHat seems to play all pretty consistently...oh well. Bring on those Warriors. In an earlier post I had mentioned that Moose Jaw was a team that I had hoped we wouldn't be matched up against - because of Perricone. While Joey still makes me nervous, the last few games from MJ don't seem to be great - is he playing, are they falling apart...I guess next Friday we will see....

hitmanfan
03-15-2008, 10:24 PM
That is correct. Need the big win tommorrow so we can have a winning streak going into the playoffs. yeehoo