PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it?

Giantsfan
03-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Hay said this morning that Sexsmith will be playing 3 games in 3 nights this weekend because they are trying to finish in first. I thought it wasn't possible because Tri-City & Spokane have to play each other & that will most likely come down to determining the winner of the US Division & 1st place in the DUB because even if the Giants win all three games, they wouldn't have enough wins? What is Hay talking about????

TwoBits
03-14-2008, 09:37 AM
I just looked at the standings and I think the best the Giants can do is tie for 1st. If Tri & Spo lose all their remaining games except for the one they play each other, then one would end up with 106 points and if the Giants won the next three, they would have 106 points. How do they figure out #1 in the case of a tie? The one with most wins between the 2 teams?

Coyote14
03-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Most overall wins. So there is no way the Giants could place first because they have more overtime losses than both Spokane and Tri-Cities.

TwoBits
03-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Maybe Hay forgot to have his coffee this morning. :D He's probably playing Sexsmith because he'd like the boys to be coming off of a winning streak when they enter the playoffs. A little extra confidence boost couldn't hurt.

Priceisright
03-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Yes impossible. The Giants will finish SECOND.

rinkrat
03-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Hay said this morning that Sexsmith will be playing 3 games in 3 nights this weekend because they are trying to finish in first. I thought it wasn't possible because Tri-City & Spokane have to play each other & that will most likely come down to determining the winner of the US Division & 1st place in the DUB because even if the Giants win all three games, they wouldn't have enough wins? What is Hay talking about????
I'd say there's a fairly good chance you misunderstood him. He likely said Sexsmith will NOT play 3 games this weekend.
Think about it, they have clinched 2nd place in the conference. I wouldn't be surprised if Sexy only played one game this weekend.

Giantsfan
03-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Nope, I clearly heard him say that Sexsmith will play all three games & they were hoping to finish in first place, which he said was going to be very tough.
You can go to CKNW.com & check out the audio vault from 8:15 this morning & hear it for yourself.

Beaner
03-14-2008, 07:03 PM
I'd say there's a fairly good chance you misunderstood him. He likely said Sexsmith will NOT play 3 games this weekend.
Think about it, they have clinched 2nd place in the conference. I wouldn't be surprised if Sexy only played one game this weekend.

They have only clinched 2nd for round 1. After that it's seeded according to points, so the Giants need 3 wins and Tri or Spoke to only get 1 point to clinch 2nd overall for the later rounds.

rinkrat
03-15-2008, 12:15 AM
They have only clinched 2nd for round 1. After that it's seeded according to points, so the Giants need 3 wins and Tri or Spoke to only get 1 point to clinch 2nd overall for the later rounds.
I hear ya Beaner,but there's no way Sexy plays all three this weekend.
Of course thats easy for me to say because Tri and Spoke both won tonight. :D