PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon-Edmonton rumor

Toswammi
03-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Has anybody heard the rumors of Edmonton buying the blades, and then moving the blades to Edmonton, and have the Roadrunners of the AHL play out of the Credit Union Center in Saskatoon. I've heard this a few times, but i imagine there is little to no substance behind this rumor.

Beaner
03-29-2005, 01:03 PM
I think Edmonton is trying to buy any team in the Dub. They have a standing offer of 5M, I believe, for any team to move there.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-29-2005, 05:13 PM
It has been stated on the news By Jack Brodsky the owner of the Saskatoon Blades said that this team has no intention of moving but they have recieved offers, but the Saskatoon Blades are here to stay IMO

grumphy
03-29-2005, 05:32 PM
All these Edmonton rumors are starting to make the Oiler organization look like a kid on the midway with a dollar in his pocket, running around trying to buy a bag of "fair" candy, doesn't matter what kind, as long as it only costs a buck.

RunTheGoalie
03-30-2005, 06:25 PM
That rumour has surfaced several times. Tri-City, Prince George, Seattle and Swift Current have all been rumored at one point or another.

Even though the Oilers offer is more than generous - really, is any team other than the Hitmen worth $5 million right now? - the only way they get a deal is if they find an owner who wants out, and wants to make a good profit on his way out the door.

No current owners are evidently interested in selling, and even if they were, the BOG might kill any such sale if they felt it was just a profiteering move.

Really, Edmonton's best shot is to find someone in Winnipeg and jointly submit for two new expansion teams. While the WHL has stated 20 is enough, one has to wonder if the league would change their mind if it meant bringing in the last two major markets in Western Canada.

ScottyWazz
03-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Talking to some people last night at the 'Dome; PG and Kootenay could be looking at heading away from their current local.

Edmonton still has the 5M offer out there on the table, which would ultimately move the Road Runners, New Westminster is looking at getting a team into the Dub whether it be relocation or otherwise, also another BC city wants to get a team into the area.

I did hear a while, while back a rumour of Edmonton and Saskatoon switching teams with the 'Toon getting the RRs and Edmonton getting the Blades.

Jovorock
03-31-2005, 11:33 AM
, New Westminster is looking at getting a team into the Dub whether it be relocation or otherwise, also another BC city wants to get a team into the area.

I'm not sure of the size of New West's arena but why did the Bruins go to Tri City anyways. I can't see a team going there without a new arena.

C.F
03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Could New West support a team with Vancouver only 20 minutes away, and possibly Chilliwack being one hour away? I can't see it happening.

ScottyWazz
03-31-2005, 04:35 PM
History of the present day Americans. (http://www.bchockey.com/article_details.asp?League_No=112&Team_No=20609)

My bad before. I got the messages mixed from Heinen. The BCHL's Chiefs would be moving to New West, Squamish, or Abbotsford.