PDA

View Full Version : VAN vs CHI Round 1 Schedule

Beaner
03-15-2008, 02:09 PM
from, www.whl.ca

WHL Announces Schedule for First-Round Series Between Vancouver and Chilliwack
Created: Mar 15, 2008
WHL WebTV
Calgary, AB – The Western Hockey League has announced the full schedule for the first-round playoff series between the Vancouver Giants and the Chilliwack Bruins.

The Giants won their third straight B.C. Division title, and will finish the 2007-08 regular season in second place in the Western Conference.

The Bruins guaranteed themselves seventh place in the Western Conference with Friday’s 3-1 win over Kamloops.

Series Schedule

Game #1 – Chilliwack Bruins @ Vancouver Giants; Friday, March 21 (7:30pm PST)
Game #2 – Chilliwack Bruins @ Vancouver Giants; Saturday, March 22 (7:00pm PST)
Game #3 – Vancouver Giants @ Chilliwack Bruins; Tuesday, March 25 (7:00pm PST)
Game #4 – Vancouver Giants @ Chilliwack Bruins; Wednesday, March 26 (7:00pm PST)
Game #5 – Chilliwack Bruins @ Vancouver Giants; Friday, March 28 (7:30pm PST) If Necessary
Game #6 – Vancouver Giants @ Chilliwack Bruins; Saturday, March 29 (7:00pm PST) If Necessary
Game #7 – Chilliwack Bruins @ Vancouver Giants; Monday, March 31 (7:00pm PST) If Necessary

Giantsfan
03-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Better not go 7 games as I got Springsteen tickets March 31.

old_time_hockey
03-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Got tixs to game 4. Hope I get to bring my broom out to the valley.

TwoBits
03-15-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't know. It looks like someone lit a fire under Chilliwack's arses, they're leading Everett 4-0 after the 2nd. :laugh:

old_time_hockey
03-15-2008, 11:00 PM
They (Tips) played the backup tonight.

They must like their position in the Div. because Kelowna wins tonight and now hold down 5th by a 3 point lead. I don't know why anyone would want to finish 6th and face the Ams.

Knuckles Muldoon
03-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Better not go 7 games as I got Springsteen tickets March 31.

If the series goes 7 games, you WILL be watching hockey. Springsteen is a boring.

Beaner
03-15-2008, 11:12 PM

They must like their position in the Div. because Kelowna wins tonight and now hold down 5th by a 3 point lead. I don't know why anyone would want to finish 6th and face the Ams.

Tri beat Spokane tonight and clinched 1st overall tonight.

Spokane vs Everett in round 1 will be a war. A lot of baggage with those 2 teams this season.

old_time_hockey
03-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Tri beat Spokane tonight and clinched 1st overall tonight.

Spokane vs Everett in round 1 will be a war. A lot of baggage with those 2 teams this season.

Right. I always get those 2 mixed up.

I hope Bruton and Beach drop the mits. But as if gutless would ever do that.

TwoBits
03-15-2008, 11:31 PM

Oh, and here I was all impressed.

And...does it really matter? Ams, Chiefs, Giants....they're all going to be hard to beat. (Isn't it going to be Spokane though?)

Bruins_Booster
03-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Got tixs to game 4. Hope I get to bring my broom out to the valley.

....and if the tight-wad security lets you in with that, I'll bring my torch to burn it should the Bruins prove you wrong ;)

Priceisright
03-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Does anybody know our record versus Chilliwack over the past 2years? I can't remember losing too many games?

Thanks

Giantsfan
03-16-2008, 02:09 PM
I believe the 1st time they beat us was in game 2 of the playoffs (3-1). The only other times they beat us was the first 2 games this season 3-2 in a shootout, & 5-4 in OT in Vancouver the next night. Since then, the Giants have dominated them in a few games.

Giantsfan
03-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Including playoffs, I think that makes 3 wins out of 21 games. I also believe the Gmen beat them in 2 pre season games as well.

Kind of reminds me of the Gmen-Rockets games. Not as physical, but the Giants were unable to beat Kelowna for some time & got their ass handed to them more than a few times.

Jimmy
03-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Go Giants :D

Priceisright
03-16-2008, 10:11 PM
What happened in Hunt Bunghal fight? Anything exciting?

old_time_hockey
03-16-2008, 10:54 PM
What happened in Hunt Bunghal fight? Anything exciting?

Hunt got a couple quality ones in early, then took a few, some off the top of the head, they still wanted to go but the linesmen came in. Neither wanted to stop.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Now that I have Shaw,does anyone know which series they will be showing in the first round? Thanks in advance.

I think I will be one of the few people in Saskatchewan that will be cheering for the Giants!!!!!!

old_time_hockey
03-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Including playoffs, I think that makes 3 wins out of 21 games. I also believe the Gmen beat them in 2 pre season games as well.

Kind of reminds me of the Gmen-Rockets games. Not as physical, but the Giants were unable to beat Kelowna for some time & got their ass handed to them more than a few times.

I remember in the Giants 2nd year, the Rockets tuned up the Giants 9-2. I remember this night because a bunch of drunk EA employees were sitting behind me. And on the old scoreboard, they would flash words across the board. And they would just yell them back. And then they were chanting 1 more goal right after the 9th Rocket goal. Then one of them yells out "you're a ***** Schultz" referring to Jessie Schultz. Well some Rockets fans were sitting behind them and told them to STFU. Long story short, on of the EA employees left with a broken nose. Not from a punch, he tripped and fell trying to get at one of the Rockets fans and fell face first into the arm rest of a seat. Boogaard'd :clap:

TwoBits
03-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Now that I have Shaw,does anyone know which series they will be showing in the first round? Thanks in advance.

I think I will be one of the few people in Saskatchewan that will be cheering for the Giants!!!!!!

Actually, I think they are going to be my West Division team too. Hope none of the other PG fans see this. vci11 :laugh:

Coyote14
03-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Does anybody know how I could get tickets to games 1 & 2 without travelling to the Giants box office and without paying ticketmaster convenience charges?

WestLEAFfan
03-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Actually, I think they are going to be my West Division team too. Hope none of the other PG fans see this. vci11 :laugh:

How dare you TwoBits?!? :burningma I mean how could you??? vc119 Is there any room for me on the G-Men wagon? yeehoo It's awfully lonely in the PG forum all by myself! :laugh: :thumb:

WestLEAFfan
03-17-2008, 06:29 AM
I almost forgot, since we are so graciously coming over to the dark, oops I mean your side, we want the full court red carpet press and no cheap seats either. We want to sit where oldtime has his/her seats. Nothing but the best for our SK/Morin Lake behinds! vc178 :thumb:

dj-kris
03-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Does anybody know our record versus Chilliwack over the past 2years? I can't remember losing too many games?

Thanks
One can only hope the giants takes the bruins even 15% as lightly as you do they ran the table against the bruins last year and it took some fortunate calls in game one that prevented the giants from going into game 3 being down 2-0 in the series

Giantsfan
03-17-2008, 08:55 AM
One can only hope the giants takes the bruins even 15% as lightly as you do they ran the table against the bruins last year and it took some fortunate calls in game one that prevented the giants from going into game 3 being down 2-0 in the series

Weak, blame the officials that the Bruins lost game 1. The Giants were a far superior team in every facet of the game. You wanna talk about bad officiating, did you see any of the WHL Final? Ran the table? It went 5 games, not 7.

Section_Z
03-17-2008, 10:44 PM
All right. Everyone (including myself) can quit complaining....
Every Giants playoff game will be broadcast on CKNW 980 am.
(Although as far as I can tell, they have only announced this for the first round, and it may not be true for future rounds...Anyone know?

GF71
03-17-2008, 10:54 PM
All right. Everyone (including myself) can quit complaining....
Every Giants playoff game will be broadcast on CKNW 980 am.
(Although as far as I can tell, they have only announced this for the first round, and it may not be true for future rounds...Anyone know?

ALL Giants playoff games are going to be on NW98 yeehoo pbj

old_time_hockey
03-17-2008, 11:56 PM
I almost forgot, since we are so graciously coming over to the dark, oops I mean your side, we want the full court red carpet press and no cheap seats either. We want to sit where oldtime has his/her seats. Nothing but the best for our SK/Morin Lake behinds! vc178 :thumb:

Come to the dark side...we have beer :clap:

Pssst...let you in on a little secret...I sit in the cheap seats. Now if I moved across the aisle from Sec. C to D, I would be paying $72/year more. Just to sit 5' to the left and not be on the goal line. How insane is that? Boogaard'd

Besides...Sec. C is the Section of Champions.

dj-kris
03-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Weak, blame the officials that the Bruins lost game 1. The Giants were a far superior team in every facet of the game. You wanna talk about bad officiating, did you see any of the WHL Final? Ran the table? It went 5 games, not 7.I didn't blame the refs i said they were fortunate for the giants ie: penalty shot in the last 5 minutes when behind by one is a pretty good deal for the giants agree or disagree? then a power play in overtime excellent chance for the giants to get the winner agree or disagree? i know the giants were the better team the ran the table comment was referring to the giants going undefeated in the regular season against the bruins.