PDA

View Full Version : First round opponent is kootenay

Tiger Trauma
03-15-2008, 10:11 PM
The only thing that matters for us is whether kootenay is able to win tomorrow.

I miscalculated earlier i said 1 kootenay point will have us dropped to 5th.
that was wrong, Kooteny has to earn 2 points to finish ahead of us.

1 kooteny point would mean we are tied, and we would win the first tiebreaker of total wins

Tiger Trauma
03-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Kind of a lousy game by the tigers tonight. Bretton Cameron, Patrick Kozyra, Tyler Ennis, Colton Grant, Cody Carlson were all sitting out/resting with minor injuries, and Shayne Brown went down in the second period from a hit in the high head/shoulder area. Bad news for him because he had been playing stellar hockey during the last few games.

If it is a concussion I wouldn't bet on brown being back for a while. He took 3-4 weeks off from a concussion last month. Hopefully its nothing too serious. He looked pretty dazed after the hit.

Interesting Fact
Third year in a row where the tigers haven't won the last game of the season.

Tigers didn't have the same juice that they've had for the last couple games. Giving lethbridge a 5 on 3 powerplay in the first as well as missing a couple of close opportunities did them in the foot.

Many people thought the tigers would be near the bottom this year. I dont know how many posts I've read on the white board saying enjoy last year, because there gonna tank this year. 43 wins, 5 points outta first place,with a lineup that involved 13 new players, and the loss of star players Matt Keetley, David Schlemko, Darren Helm, Chris Stevens, Micheal Sauer, Kris Russel, Gord Baldwin, Derek Dorsett is a pretty good accomplishment. Even if we lose in the first round as a fan I would say we did more than expected.

Kootenay will be a very tough team to beat in the playoffs. They have had our number for the last couple seasons. They have 5 players with more than 20 goals, and would have had a 6th in Ben maxwell if he hadn't been injured for the majority of the season. Both their goaltenders also have very respectable save percentages, and their penalty kill is at the top of the league.

longtimejrfan
03-16-2008, 09:27 AM
a whole lot in to last nights game. Missing two energy guys like Grant and Ennis had a big impact. A little concerned about our defence going into the series against the Ice. Certainly are going to need te next few days of rest to heal.

Tiger Trauma
03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
YaY!

Kootenay Lost 6-1 vs the hitmen, and Tigers Get home Ice!

Rammer
03-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Kind of a lousy game by the tigers tonight. Bretton Cameron, Patrick Kozyra, Tyler Ennis, Colton Grant, Cody Carlson were all sitting out/resting with minor injuries, and Shayne Brown went down in the second period from a hit in the high head/shoulder area. Bad news for him because he had been playing stellar hockey during the last few games.

If it is a concussion I wouldn't bet on brown being back for a while. He took 3-4 weeks off from a concussion last month. Hopefully its nothing too serious. He looked pretty dazed after the hit.

Interesting Fact
Third year in a row where the tigers haven't won the last game of the season.

Tigers didn't have the same juice that they've had for the last couple games. Giving lethbridge a 5 on 3 powerplay in the first as well as missing a couple of close opportunities did them in the foot.

Many people thought the tigers would be near the bottom this year. I dont know how many posts I've read on the white board saying enjoy last year, because there gonna tank this year. 43 wins, 5 points outta first place,with a lineup that involved 13 new players, and the loss of star players Matt Keetley, David Schlemko, Darren Helm, Chris Stevens, Micheal Sauer, Kris Russel, Gord Baldwin, Derek Dorsett is a pretty good accomplishment. Even if we lose in the first round as a fan I would say we did more than expected.

Kootenay will be a very tough team to beat in the playoffs. They have had our number for the last couple seasons. They have 5 players with more than 20 goals, and would have had a 6th in Ben maxwell if he hadn't been injured for the majority of the season. Both their goaltenders also have very respectable save percentages, and their penalty kill is at the top of the league.

Looking forward to this series, it should be an interesting matchup. Good luck, and may the better team win. clrkthj

Tiger Trauma
03-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Looking forward to this series, it should be an interesting matchup. Good luck, and may the better team win. clrkthj

Hopefully 1 on you kootenay fans can post little game recaps after games 3 and 4. and possibly game 6.

I'll most definitely be listening to Bob Ridley on the radio but, its nice to hear the view of opposing fans. I'll be posting my game thoughts on my little blog I have listed in the link in my signature:D

fightstrap50
03-17-2008, 08:05 PM
you should deffinetly listen to "the drive radio" station here on the internet from Cranbrook for Jeff Hollicks post game show. You can link to it from the ICE website at www.kootenayice.net .

Jeff in my opinion is probly the most informative and knowledgeable game analist/broadcaster in the WHL. The guy recalls stats and fact ect, from every team in the league like no man. Very informative and interesting outlook on the games. people may think he's a homer because he calls it like he see's it but thats what I like about the guy.

I think we have the best series in the East for sure and next to Lethbridge vs Brandon, probly the most entertaining to look forward too in the WHL.