PDA

View Full Version : M.J. 5 @ S.C. 4 Final

Big Ern
03-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Today's game recap will be fairly short.

A tired Big Ern wants to make his way to bed. lol

A few points about tonight's game:

-the Broncos came out flat, and were intimidated by the Warriors' goon play. They took penalties, and were not good enough on the PK. The Warriors took an early 2-0 lead as a result.

-the officiating is a good point to bring up at this juncture. It was a complete joke in this game. That's all we need to mention right now. No use gettin' riled up over something that no one can control.

-the first period was inexcusable...the other two periods were great. Swift ended up with over 50 shots on the night, which included about five posts or crossbars. So close. But Joey Perricone settled don after the first two goals and found a way to stop the Broncos, especially in that third period. He got a lot of help from the officials as well.

-I thought there was one goal for sure that Guggenberger would like back.

-the Broncos showed complete determination with their abseloute dominant play in that third period. They had two goals waved off, and after both goals, still kept on pushing for the tie. That displayed a lot of heart...and even with the loss, was a great way to finish the season.

-complete sellout tonight...what a crowd, and what an atmosphere!

Now for the playoffs.....

I guess it's another date with the Pats in the post season. Both teams have their strengths. We'll see what happens. I am EXTREMELY excited for the coming series. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Note: Later on today, I will post a special thread titled "Season in Review." It's a look at the season gone by for the Broncos...from an avid fan's perspective. Make sure to visit the forum later today and check it out!

Good night.

Ern

Scout
03-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Last updated at 11:14 PM on 15/03/08

Warriors bump Broncos into playoff series with Regina
The Southwest Booster

The regular season not only came down to the last game, but the final minute of two games decided the Swift Current Broncos fate for the Western Hockey League playoffs.
The Broncos 5-4 loss to the visiting Moose Jaw Warriors, combined with a Brandon Wheat Kings 3-2 win over the Regina Pats, results in a Swift Current/Regina opening round playoff series for the second consecutive year.
Brandon scored with 23 seconds left in regulation to give the Wheat Kings a 3-2 win and vault them a single point ahead of the Broncos for sixth place in the Eastern Conference.
Swift Current had a goal disallowed with 8.07 seconds left in regulation when a penalty was called away from the puck, nullifying the tying goal and keeping the Broncos in seventh place in the conference standings.
The Warriors used four powerplay goals to power past the Broncos.
Moose Jaw built period leads of 4-2 and 5-2 before Swift Current rebounded with a pair of goals in the final period to cut the Warriors advantage to a single goal.
Moose Jaw went four for five on the powerplay in the opening two periods, with Swift Current scoring twice on three powerplay chances.
The Warriors jumped into a 4-2 first period lead thanks to a trio of powerplay goals. They extended their lead to 5-2 by counting a powerplay goal on a five-on-three powerplay.
Jordan Knackstedt paced the Warriors with a pair of first period goals, opening the scoring with his 30th of the season on the powerplay and adding his 31st when even strength.
Travis Hamonic and Giffen Nyren also had opening period powerplay goals for Moose Jaw. Frazer McLaren extended the Warriors lead to 5-2 with a five-on-three powerplay in the middle period.
The Broncos replied with goals 2:29 apart midway through the opening when Keegan Dansereau and Eric Doyle briefly tied the game at 2-2. Geordie Wudrick cut the lead to 5-3 with a powerplay goal in the final period, and Dansereau struck for his second of the night and 22nd of the year with 1:39 left in regulation.
Warriors netminder Joey Perricone collected his 28th win of the season by stopping 47 of 51 shots.
Broncos goaltender Mark Guggenberger allowed four goals on 17 shots in the opening period and ended the game stopping 27 of 32 shots.
The Warriors, who were assured of an eighth place finish in the Eastern Conference, finish the year at 36-21-6-8. Swift Current was prevented from moving up in the standings, and end the year in seventh place in the Eastern Conference at 41-23-1-6. Swift Current will face the Regina Pats in a rematch of last year’s Eastern Conference opening round. Moose Jaw will take on the Eastern Conference champion Calgary Hitmen in the opening round.

Flathead
03-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Joey Pepperoni finally showed up, we had two goals disallowed(the second one because of an absolute joke of an interference penalty) and we hit 4 or 5 posts. We showed absolute dominance in the third period and imo we should have had the win, but when your playing against a hot goalie and the officiating it makes things tough. Oh well, bring on the Pats!

Speedy Broncs
03-16-2008, 11:12 AM
I gotta say that I was less than impressed with how stupid Terrance Dellaronde looked at the end of the game - no wait, how stupid he looked all night long. He looked like a 10 year old atom kid (not a 20 year old veteran)out there banging his stick at the end of the game ... in people's grills all night long. Can't believe that Hunchak lets this type of bush happen - I know Dellaronde tries to be an agitator (I call it being a pain in the a** that needs to get drilled), but there is still a line that should/should not be crossed. I was not at the game where this mighty 20 year old jumped a 16 year old (Eakin) and then pranced around like a WWF superstar - very classy and I'm sure that made all of his teammates and fans proud of him. If you want to be a pest, back it up -- if you want to scrap, scrap with a scrapper.

oh well, with MJ now facing the Hitmen in playoffs, I hope they have a great series. But, I would remind Dellaronde that the Hitmen have a couple of guys in Schultz/Gillen that likely will call your bluff if you pull some of that crap, and won't give a crap if they take a 10 or a game because they know what their role is. But, not sure if Kisio coaches this same style of bush ...

dodywood4ever
03-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Not real surprised to hear about Dellaronde acting like a clown. Guess he realizes his joke of a carrer is nearly over and wants to go out with a bang. Terrance is a loser name anyways. Named after the Southpark character with wicked farting abilities. hahaha.