PDA

View Full Version : The Last Hurrah!!!!

TwoBits
03-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Well, can you all believe that tonight is the last game of the season? I think this will be a tough one for the three 20 year olds.

habsfan12
03-16-2008, 02:35 PM
yeah its crazy.. i dont think its only going to be a tough one for them but for all the fans who have been behind them all during their WHL careers.. :( ...

WestLEAFfan
03-16-2008, 02:47 PM
yeah its crazy.. i dont think its only going to be a tough one for them but for all the fans who have been behind them all during their WHL careers.. :( ...

Welcome back Habber! Where did you go? I'm probably going to ball like a little baby tonight as CYRSIE plays his last game.

habsfan12
03-16-2008, 03:14 PM
i am back for a while.. i dont think i will be a BIG baby like you and cry, but there will be hard feelings.. it will be hard! o well just think, now he will be home! You should be crying harder about your leafs not making the playoffs while my Habs continue their total domination of the league!!haha punk rock :clap:

TwoBits
03-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Geez, wait 'til the last game to say something. We could have used some back-up there a couple of times when everyone turned on the Cyr Fans. :laugh:

It's very bittersweet. We will be happy to see Cyr again but hate to see his WHL career end without some playoff games.

I'm sure it's going to be a bit emotional to listen to the game tonight and probably even harder to play for the 20 year olds. I wonder how Cyr will stay focused and soak up the game at the same time?

WestLEAFfan
03-16-2008, 07:11 PM
i am back for a while.. i dont think i will be a BIG baby like you and cry, but there will be hard feelings.. it will be hard! o well just think, now he will be home! You should be crying harder about your leafs not making the playoffs while my Habs continue their total domination of the league!!haha punk rock :clap:

I think I liked you better when you were silent Habber. Your Habs won't make it out of the first round. Willing to put some cookies where your mouth is?

TwoBits
03-16-2008, 09:19 PM
What a great end to three great careers!!!!! applause

A win, Cyr first star, Sagert third star and Gardner the last goal of the game. :D

PLAYER
03-16-2008, 09:28 PM
great way to end the season, wish I could have been there!!! Kudos to Cyr, I have enjoyed watching him play for PG!!! and kudos to all of the 20 yr olds!!!! Nice way to end the season. :clap:

WestLEAFfan
03-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Well, it couldn't have ended better. CYRSIE continued his domination of the BLAZERS, and SAGERT and GARDNER both factored into the win as well. I would imagine a few tears will be shed in the next day or two. Farwell men and thanks for lots of memories. applause

TwoBits
03-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Oh, and I got one of my wishes, we finished ahead of the Rebels in points!!!

Wouldn't it be great to be a fly on the wall of that bus on the ride home. :D

PLAYER
03-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh, and I got one of my wishes, we finished ahead of the Rebels in points!!!

Wouldn't it be great to be a fly on the wall of that bus on the ride home. :D

Yea, what a great way to end the season and their WHL careers.... I have been watching Cyr Real for a couple of years, that kid is a class act... applause

old_time_hockey
03-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Congrats to the 3 graduating players. Solid junior careers for all 3.

Too bad this is the season they had to go out on, but I am sure they all have memories that will last them a life time.

Any word on what Cyr is going to do? What kind of student is he? Is he giving CIS a thought? Wouldn't mind seeing him in a UBC T-Birds uni. Would get to play in our nice new olympic facilities. Re-unite with some solid WHL alumni that he has played against. That WHL scholarship is an amazing plan.

You know...just putting it out there.

TwoBits
03-16-2008, 11:11 PM

Too bad this is the season they had to go out on, but I am sure they all have memories that will last them a life time.

Any word on what Cyr is going to do? What kind of student is he? Is he giving CIS a thought? Wouldn't mind seeing him in a UBC T-Birds uni. Would get to play in our nice new olympic facilities. Re-unite with some solid WHL alumni that he has played against. That WHL scholarship is an amazing plan.

Well, he's been saying school. I talked to his sister not too long ago and she said he's thinking about becoming a teacher. If an interesting hockey offer turned up though, I don't think he'd turn it down. I'm sure we'll be seeing him run past our house this summer keeping in game shape, he may get another call out of the blue like last summer.

Don't roll your eyes but.....he's an excellent student. :laugh: VERY SMART! I think he was the scholastic player when going to school in PG. It's probably that overall competetive spirit in him that pushes him to do his best at everything he sets his mind to, it's all or nothing. Luckily for him, he has the brains to push himself to be a 90s student.

You keep your grubby little hands off of him, we want him here at the U of S. :D He'll just have to reunite with his buddies when he's playing against them.

TwoBits
03-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Yea, what a great way to end the season and their WHL careers.... I have been watching Cyr Real for a couple of years, that kid is a class act... applause

I'll second that. ;)

WestLEAFfan
03-17-2008, 06:38 AM

Whoever gets this young man will be extremely lucky to acquire a team guy and high quality person. The new arena could definitely be something to consider, but the U of S Dogs are "barking" loudly I think. He'd make a great teacher or police officer.