PDA

View Full Version : Regina Fans believe were done for!

Split the D
03-16-2008, 01:11 PM
This is some of the comments made on Rod's blog. Anonymous said...
Congratulations to the Pats for a fine season! Finishing the season with all the victories should give the boys a lot of confidence going into the playoffs. With the experience on this team and the recent success, good things should follow this team. Go get em Pats!

PBB

10:11 PM

Anonymous said...
What time will you be visiting Costco to get that giant vat of Vaseline??!!!

Marshall

10:55 PM

Delinquent #1 said...
Pedersen, Pedersen, Pedersen, see you in Game 3!

11:11 PM

Rod Pedersen said...
Here come the trolls.

Marshall, I thought I'd borrow your vaseline.

This is going to be a long week.

RP

11:15 PM

Some_Arrogant_Jerk said...
Jordan Weal's team was eiliminated today, so there is a chance we might get to see him on the pats roster in game 1.

Its weird that his team lost 2 games all season, and then they lose 2 in the row in a 2 game series in the playoffs. Odd playoff format, but nonetheless, his team is out. Must be disappointing being the ehavy favorites and then losing out this early....

12:59 AM

Anonymous said...
Ok finally, the math, what if's, excuses can be done. I have one thing to say to this team. You guys are the best team in the dub top to bottom, with the worst killer instinct. The games where you bash, skate and grind for 60 minutes you are unbeatable. That's all wanting to do it.

When you don't feel like it on any given night, you look bad. So it's easy, you will win as many games as you want to. I personally want you to win them all, like you can. Thanks for a great season, all of you. I'd like to watch four more rounds if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks fer keeping us together Rod...peace. ij.

(we'll wait for a fan bus for the second round.)

6:22 AM

Anonymous said...
Trolls? More like gnomes. The good think about gnomes is, they are three feet high, ugly, and you can kick field goals with them. Sounds like fun, no? We can have Swift Current Gnome kicking contests when they come to visit us next weekend.

I had the misfortune of having to drive to Swift and back yesterday. Fortunately I was only in town for 20 minutes. Saw their mall, their Burger King, and some of their..."people". You know what? I gained a new respect for Moose Jaw. 'Cuz man, those people are ugly.

Oh well, we won't have to worry for too long. We will wipe their itty bitty, going-nowhere team in the first round. Like last year, just quicker.

Marshall, I actually tried to find Vaseline in a couple stores when I was there, all sold out. Friday must have been a wild one. Oh well, to each his own. "Sooo-eeeee!"

6:30 AM

jonny d said...
Yes Rod, here comes the " hutterite ant farm" and their vaseline jokes. i realize that you will be busy broadcasting the game/s, but you should take a camcorder with you, and take pics of these rednecks who seem to make your life miserable, with vaseline and such, and if theres a game 5, put those pics on the scoreclock tube, and let some of us fans take care of business for you. Sounds like a lynching!!! naw, just some old tactics used by Deniro and Pacino i seen on some old movies!! Its sad that retardedness has to come out from Swift Current when these battles start, like, dont these people have a life? Or do they actually sit all year, playing their banjo, drooling on their hillybilly beards, waiting to vaseline you? Im no Dr Phil, but id say they have too much time on their hands. Are there clocks in swift current? I dont know why some of western saskatchewan is 100 years behind society, maybe with a new goverment here, Brad Wall, we should email him, and have him finally set up a schooling system out there. Big Ern as principal. :)See ya Friday. And to the swift current fans, mule parking and chuckwagon tie ups are to the south of the dome!! And for cripes sakes, leave your Dale Weise bobble heads at home!!
the d-man.

6:49 AM

jonny d said...
And Keen is saying the Bronco's arent the underdogs in this series with us!!!!!! Can you say 7th place Keen??? Can you??? Its right after 6th place, in case you need direction! What an idiot.

6:53 AM

Big T. said...
Roddy...I was working so I didnt get a chance to listen to the pre-game show...any news on the ice at the Brandt Center?

7:32 AM

Rod Pedersen said...
Curtis wouldn't bite on it. All he said was what I said on the broadcast Friday night is that it's the same for both teams so we just have to live with it.

The ice in Brandon was pristine.

RP

10:19 AM

Anonymous said...
Maybe S_A_J should send the Pats a copy of that last post. It doesn't matter squat that you finished with a great regular season or a pennant win. At least one team in the top four of the conference will not advance. It a mathematical thing.

I watched the two games this weekend and quite frankly the Pats did not play well in either game this weekend. We were fortunate for a S/O win. Coach Hunt admitted as much after both games. Last night d-men made three bad mistakes on each of Brandon's goals. You can't have that at this time of year. The boys will have to be sharper and crisper this coming weekend or they might be down 0-2.

The fact that the Broncos also lost their last game maybe levels the field somewhat. Both teams will have a bad taste in their mouths. It's going to be tough for both teams but it will likely boil down to who displays the most grit and discipline. Like it usually comes down to, the best team will win. Let's hope its the Pats.

As far as Weal is concerned, he is young and in the middle of semester I'm sure. If he was to come it would likely be as PP help, which we sorely need. He is likely next year country.

Didn't Keen also predict that the Warriors would win the division? yes, it's in his blog. If Keen wants to portray the Pats underdogs then come on guys relish in it! That means the favourites are the Broncos and they will have all the pressure to succed and not bow out in the first round like last year.

Come on guys, bring your A+ game to this series because your the underdogs..Keen says so.

10:33 AM

The 'Swam said...
Ummm; if i recall correctly it was Rod that used the Vasoline, not anyone in Swift (as a measure of "revenge" for pounding his radio booth)

Anyways should be a good series, both teams have skill and can play. That Pats have a bigger, better back end, but the Broncos have more skill and speed up front. As usual, the goaltending will determine the winner.

Lastly, whats up with the defamation of every thing Swift Current? Yeah a bunch of backwards hillbillies here, geez....funny the vilification comes from Regina only. No wonder everyone in Swifty HATES everything in Regina (outside the Rider, just cause its not the Regina Roughriders)

BTW Rod, will be waiting to say "hi" on Tuesday

10:52 AM

Anonymous said...
Keep your eyes open Rody, we are gonna make your life hell when you are here, so you better watch what you say....If you only knew what we are capable of, and yes you should be scared...enjoy the food!

11:04 AM

Rod Pedersen said...
You people in Swift Current are so nice!

I can't wait to get there for Games 3 and 4. You guys are awesome!

11:34 AM

bryan said...
Wow Rod some anonomous bloggers are internet thugs again, and from the colony! You have nothing to worry about, these cowards are just trying to rack your nerves. And i had to see for myself, yes Mr Keen has picked us the underdogs in this series. Its obvious moonshine is running rampant in swift, as Mr D said, we're top seed, and i hope when we hang that banner up friday, its right in front of Keen and company. East Division Champs! Some people can be real arrogant, it amazes me. All the Pats need to do, is knock them around physically, Swift will go down fast, they have no beef on their squad, im sure the wagons will have "mule" deer in them, sorry had to sneak that one in, as jonny d's post has me laughing! LOL Shock n Awe Pats....thats all that needs to be accomplished. Yes theyre gloating that they won the season series, A - that means jack ****, B - were a whole new squad with the likes of Victor B, and JD...et al. Have no fear Pat fans, all i can say is...Bring It On! Go Pats. Its over in 5, maybe 6.

11:39 AM

Anonymous said...
No kidding hey, Bry? Making anonymous threats towards me on a fan forum.

REAL tough and classy guys they got there.

RP

11:51 AM

ointhecreek
03-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Rotten Roddy is starting to sound worried. Going to through him off his truthful unbiased broadcasting, lol. :D

Toswammi
03-16-2008, 02:05 PM
What i dont get is why every Pat fans thinks Keen said we are the favorites and will walk through them. All i have heard/read is if we play our best, we can beat them, and there aren't really any true underdogs considering how tight the division is....heck 7 of the 8 teams hit 40 wins, that is gross.

dagley
03-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Broncos in 7

CrazyGeorge
03-16-2008, 04:51 PM
I chose to not say anything at this moment because if I start talking like I feel then IF I'm wrong then I'll get it right back at me...Keen will support the Broncos and make his team be the favorite, Pederson will do that same with that pats....isn't that what they are paid to do aside from calling a game? Of course it's going to be biased one way or another depending on which guy is calling a game. For people to come on here and start bad mouthing various cities and putting particular discriptions and such about a certain town then I don't think it's a matter of being a fan or not (regardless of the team) but rather trying to stir something up...and ya wonder why there is fights and such in the stands....lets just enjoy a great series and let the best team win...Swift Current or Regina...we all have our opinions and are fans...cheer on your respective teams and enjoy some hockey eh!!!

CJSenterprise4
03-16-2008, 06:22 PM
It should be a good series....but as a Pats fan it is quote on quote suppose to be their year so fans think and maybe expect them to win. If they don't go deep in the playoffs this year it will be a HUGE disappointment! Parker should be fired and they will have a good team next year with most of the keys players coming back but not like this year. Fights in the stands? Not me thats for sure... Last year after Swift won game five in Regina a Bronco fan winked at my buddy as we were walking out

CJSenterprise4
03-16-2008, 10:46 PM
That we live in Regina. I live in Weyburn and it's been a while since someone has been stabbed here ha. On the contrary i would never actually live in Regina i would hate it. I grew up in Yellow Grass where the population was 500 people. I would build a house in Rowatt...now there would be a wicked place to live, i think i could be mayor haha.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
03-16-2008, 11:09 PM
The Pats and Broncos are developing one heck of a rivalry. Too bad we didn't get to see them really in the second half of the season.

Should be an action packed series, I wouldn't be surprised if it took 7 games to determine a winner.

patsdude114
03-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Not sure why everything has to come to fans bashing each other, i went to the Pats Broncos game in SC awhile back (just kinda after the trade deadline) met some great people there. Including Big Ern and CHtoo plus if i remember correct that burger guy also seen me but didnt know who i was at the time. Anyways I remember that night well i remember consuming alot of beers and really enjoying myself at the game, mainly due to the people me and my buddies met, there was 6 guys (including CHtoo) standing behind our seats who made the trip totally worth it. Yes the Pats lost that game but we left the rink having enjoyed ourselves, and are looking to make a trip up for the playoffs as well.

All this fan BS is not part of hockey, what i mean by that is mainly the fan fights, like really come on we are watching 16-20 yrs old play hockey for our enjoyment of the game. But yet there are fans out there that think this is like being back in High School when you go across town to play a rival school and all decide to fight. Maybe a bad example but why not just act our ages as most of us on here are adults to begin with. Yes alittle trash talk is definately welcomed, but lets also keep it at that.

It should be a great series, Big Ern are you making the trip up to Regina this weekend??? If so let me know would love to meet you for a beer.

Lets have fun with this series as its the 2nd straight year in a row for a 1st round match up. Also i dont think there is any favorites in any series to begin with the standings were way to close and a few games here and there the standings could of been flipped around.

But i must say, as i am a Pats fan........ GO PATS GO!!!

take care all you bronco fans

Duster
03-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Cant wait to make the trip from winnipeg out to swift! should be a good time!

I'll be the guy with a knee high stack of empty beer cups sitting beside me!

Big Ern
03-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Not sure why everything has to come to fans bashing each other, i went to the Pats Broncos game in SC awhile back (just kinda after the trade deadline) met some great people there. Including Big Ern and CHtoo plus if i remember correct that burger guy also seen me but didnt know who i was at the time. Anyways I remember that night well i remember consuming alot of beers and really enjoying myself at the game, mainly due to the people me and my buddies met, there was 6 guys (including CHtoo) standing behind our seats who made the trip totally worth it. Yes the Pats lost that game but we left the rink having enjoyed ourselves, and are looking to make a trip up for the playoffs as well.

All this fan BS is not part of hockey, what i mean by that is mainly the fan fights, like really come on we are watching 16-20 yrs old play hockey for our enjoyment of the game. But yet there are fans out there that think this is like being back in High School when you go across town to play a rival school and all decide to fight. Maybe a bad example but why not just act our ages as most of us on here are adults to begin with. Yes alittle trash talk is definately welcomed, but lets also keep it at that.

It should be a great series, Big Ern are you making the trip up to Regina this weekend??? If so let me know would love to meet you for a beer.

Lets have fun with this series as its the 2nd straight year in a row for a 1st round match up. Also i dont think there is any favorites in any series to begin with the standings were way to close and a few games here and there the standings could of been flipped around.

WOW that would be awesome hey? lol

Yes, I'm makin' the trip, but unfortunately beer cannot be part of it, as I'm gonna be a driver. Also, I don't believe my postgame recap would mean much if it was written under the influence. haha

Thanks for the kind words, and the offer. Should be a fun series.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Toswammi
03-17-2008, 08:38 AM
It looks like the ice in Regina is going to be terrible. That is brutal, i realize two teams play on the same surface, but with the Pats playing more of a physical dump and chase style, compared to the free flowing Bronco system, i have to wonder if it will be more of a hinderence to our playing style.

Teddy_B
03-17-2008, 05:37 PM

As usual nicely put Patsdude!
Being a Bronco fan and wanting to know what ACTUALLY has transpired in a Pats game whether it is against the Bronco's or another team your the post I most look forward to read besides BIG ERN as you have such an unbiased take which is refreshing on this site.
Keep up the GOOD POSTS!

Link Dog
03-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Couldn't agree more. I like the smack talk as much as anyone else, but I don't see a need to start talking crap about each others city. And like you said, these are 16-20 year olds playing for the love of the game but with a ton of pressure on them already. No need to make it personal. The only thing wrong with your post is that it should have said Let's Go Broncos!!!! :thumb:

Flathead
03-17-2008, 08:55 PM
It looks like the ice in Regina is going to be terrible. That is brutal, i realize two teams play on the same surface, but with the Pats playing more of a physical dump and chase style, compared to the free flowing Bronco system, i have to wonder if it will be more of a hinderence to our playing style.
What's up with the ice?

Bran
03-17-2008, 09:47 PM
What's up with the ice?
It's been crappier than usual since the Scotties. Don't know why. I wonder if they'd be able to put in new ice before playoffs start? It's frustrating, but everyone has to play on the same ice.

Fight Guy
03-17-2008, 10:55 PM
They usually replace the ice at least once a year during the season, usually after Agribition or another random major event, but this year I don;t recall them doing it. I started thinking the other day that they might before the playoffs, and now with the ice being bad, you'd think they would.

Toswammi
03-18-2008, 08:12 AM
I would hope so, or they get it better. Even from a fans point of view, hockye on good ice is way better than on bad ice. The play is just miles ahead.
I also realize that both teams have to deal with it, but to me it seems to be slightly more of a hinderence to Swifty and our run and gun style we sometimes us. With that said, the ice ain't no mystery so both teams will be able to adjust their respective styles before hand.

patsdude114
03-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Some games at the Brandt center i wonder if those OLD guys who run the time keepers bench remember to freeze the pucks before the games lol......

Cause every game the puck bounces like crazy more so here then other places i find, its like we live in Florida or something and have no idea how to make ice smooth lol the only thing i can think of is the pucks arent getting froze long enough to stop bouncing alot. Maybe when the pucks sit in the time keepers bench they are loosing there freezing therefore makes them bounce more often.

CJSenterprise4
03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
those guys can't even run the clock right half the time so i doubt they remember to freeze the pucks. There must have been at least 10 games this year they messed the clock up...but yeah the ice is brutal and has been all year. The old lady that sits infront of me told some guys one game we have good ice and i turned to them after and said...no it sucks, can't you tell the puck looks like a bouncy ball.

Fight Guy
03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
If I'm not mistaken, they have a little freezer in the one of the boxes there for pucks.

And if you guys think a good example of the puck bouncing is when the Pats are passing the puck on the opposing teams blueline (though it was not mentioned), that is not the ice' fault completely. The Pats need to keep their passes on the ice. That was just in case people use the ice as an excuse for the bouncing pucks on those passes.

Bran
03-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Little bit about the ice situation...

rodpedersen.com

I understand I ruffled some feathers under the orange top regarding my observation of the Brandt Centre ice on Monday. They should know my intent wasn't to tick anybody off, or make anybody look bad. At least I'm confident my brother who works over there would know that for sure. Ever since I was little, I often speak before I think.

I've been informed that considerable efforts are being made to improve the ice for Friday's Game 1 against Swift Current. When you come to the arena, you may see signs asking you to keep certain doors closed to keep the building temperature at a certain level. Pucks will be frozen longer, and rotated by the officials to eliminate the bounciness.

I'm told the ice-plant is one thing that perhaps wasn't overlooked, but might not have been a huge priority when the Agridome was being designed and built 30 years ago. In short, they're doing the best they can with what they have. If they barred all ice rentals and treated it like the grass at Commonwealth Stadium, perhaps they'd have a surface more like what they want, but they need that revenue from the rec hockey teams.

Consider this an invitation to any Ipsco Place officials who want to explain what exactly the ice situation is in the Brandt Centre, and the steps that are being taken to improve it.