PDA

View Full Version : Weal getting the call...

nivek_wahs
03-17-2008, 09:42 AM
From Greg Harder's Slap Shots

Pats top prospect Jordan Weal is expected to join the WHL club this week. His midget team, the Vancouver North West Giants, was upset by the Cariboo Cougars in a B.C. Major Midget Hockey League semifinal on the weekend.
Weal, a fourth-round bantam pick in 2007, led the league in scoring this season with 39 goals and 61 assists for 100 points in 40 games. He won the scoring title by 34 points.
Pats GM Brent Parker was trying to get in touch with Weal on Sunday to arrange a flight to Regina.
"He’ll be in as soon as we can get him here," said Parker. "Hopefully (Monday) but likely Tuesday."
Asked if Weal could help the Pats immediately, Parker said "Yeah, I think he could. It's something we’ll have to talk about. I don’t forsee him playing in Game 1, that’s for sure, but we’ll get him in and see. Certainly he provides that element of speed and skill that you can use, epecially against a team like Swift Current that skates as well as they do."

patsdude114
03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
No surprise here that Weal gets the call up, and i wouldnt be so certain with Parker's word that he doesnt see him playing game 1. He would be much better off playing 4th line RW then Kulchar, Weal at 15yrs old i am sure would do alot more then Kulchar could do. Plus you could add him onto the 2nd PP unit with Watt and Doucet, but also with saying that Cerveny deserves that spot as he has been a top forward for us the past 15 games or so.

If you ask me it is pretty bad that the Pats might have to rely on a 15yr old for some scoring in the playoffs, just goes to show that our scoring depth isnt that great. Outside of Eberle we have no clear cut guy who can bury 1 at any given time. It may be tough for a guy like Weal to produce but any little bit will help this time of the year. Some playoff experience this season in the WHL will only make that transition that much easier for him next season.