PDA

View Full Version : Bench Aulie for game 2

wheat_city96
03-21-2008, 09:19 PM
i dont think i need to explain this.

wheat_city96
03-21-2008, 09:24 PM
2 dumb penelties in the last 5 minutes of the game which resulted in a lethbridge goal and a lethbridge win 2-1. there ya go

wheat_city96
03-21-2008, 09:42 PM
the dumb penelties were from aulie.... in other words aulie cost us the game.....understand?

Vik
03-21-2008, 09:45 PM
the dumb penelties were from aulie....
So are you suggesting we move McCue up so he can take dumb penalties or that we move Melnychuk so we can give up late goals without taking penaties?

Here's an idea, the powerplay has been brutal and if they had done anything in their 5 opportunities, we might have won so let's bench everyone we use with the man advantage. We'll clearly be a better team for it!

wheat_city96
03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
...... or we can bench aulie so he learns his lesson and doesnt cost us another game. im not disagreeing with you about the powerplay, im just saying that penelty cost us the game and then the next one cost us the chance of tying it up.

i have never liked aulie anyways hes kind of a waste of size, he doesnt hit or fight and doesnt really do much of anything else ...

Vik
03-21-2008, 09:51 PM
...... or we can bench aulie so he learns his lesson and doesnt cost us another game. im not disagreeing with you about the powerplay, im just saying that penelty cost us the game and then the next one cost us the chance of tying it up.

i have never liked aulie anyways hes kind of a waste of size, he doesnt hit or fight and doesnt really do much of anything else ...
You didn't answer my question.

Basically, we have no better option so benching Aulie would be a rather idiotic thing to do.

wheat_city96
03-21-2008, 09:52 PM
why not move mccue up atleast hes physical and uses his body, mccue wont take dumb penelties in the playoffs hes more mature than aulie

moon
03-21-2008, 09:57 PM
why not move mccue up atleast hes physical and uses his body, mccue wont take dumb penelties in the playoffs hes more mature than aulie

Mccue took 3 dumb penalties in tonights game and easily could have had at least two more.

That last penalty on Aulie had a lot to do with Iwanski's size. May have been dumb but if Aulie is not 6'6 and Iwanski a short 5'9 I am not sure that penalty happens.

Vik
03-21-2008, 09:57 PM
If you get McCue mad, he'd maul his own grandmother for no real reason. Plus Aulie is a much better defensive player than MisCue.

WHEATMAN
03-21-2008, 10:00 PM

Please tell me that is a joke, McCue played a way worse than Aulie tonight, if anything McCue should take a sit, he was very lucky he wasn't called for more tonight.

Vik
03-21-2008, 10:01 PM
well than lets bench mccue too and bring up some AAA players that dont take dumb penelties, id rather lose a game based on talent or hard work than dumb penelties, its just embarressing.
I'd rather win a game than lose so I suggest we keep Aulie in.

wheat_city96
03-21-2008, 10:05 PM
kelly most likely wont bench aulie hes not hard enough on his players, but he will obviously tell him to give his god damn head a shake and smarten up

GlutenGlutton
03-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Let's try not to panic here. Aulie is an important player on this team and is a smart enough guy to learn from this. Like Vik said a lot went the way it needed to except the powerplay. If we win this series, we won't win 3 more unless it gets better. Buckle up, it's going to be a series!

localguy
03-21-2008, 10:21 PM
You guys lost by 1, it was a good game. As for Aulie's roughing penalty, he punched Iwanski in the face when Iwanski came in for a hit (a hit he should have been able to take, due to size alone). McCue was very lucky, the blatant elbow on Boychuk could have easily been a double, and there were some other's the got by, (Lethbridge had a few that were let go as well). I thought it was kind of a boring game at the start, did get better as time went on.

Top Shelf
03-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Bench Aulie ??? What... Now we are picking individuals out that we think
cost us the game? Get real...it is a team game...
...The only thing I would say regarding Aulie...is
that he was a big pick for the wheatkings and they will never admit that
it was not the best pick. All in all I'm cheering for him to improve and have to
have some respect for Kelly for his patience in giving all players more than enough time to prove
themselves.