PDA

View Full Version : Game 3

dagley
03-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Get out to Westman Place tonight at 7. Support the boys, this team has had so much success and a little fan appreciation to support them could turn this series upside down.

wheat_city96
03-25-2008, 01:01 AM
must win tonight obviously. im really lookin forward to seeing what type of team shows up tonight, we should see the boys at there best tonight and im sure kelly will make sure there ready to go!

in order for us win the next few we gotta play WAY more discipline and obviously play better on the PP, what are we like 1 for 10 on the powerplay? we gotta step it up there.

i dont think we have seen the best of the kid line, they forsure are getting better but i dont think we have seen the best of them, expect them to turn it up these next few games, i really liked schenn throwing his weight around a bit in the first 2 games, good to see that from a 16 year old!

caliguiri has been playing awesome he needs to continue playing good.

brandon has to come out firing for both games 3 and 4, but wow, if we lose this one were done, we cant go down 3 - 0!!!!

come on boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-25-2008, 10:28 AM
must win tonight obviously. im really lookin forward to seeing what type of team shows up tonight, we should see the boys at there best tonight and im sure kelly will make sure there ready to go!

in order for us win the next few we gotta play WAY more discipline and obviously play better on the PP, what are we like 1 for 10 on the powerplay? we gotta step it up there.

i dont think we have seen the best of the kid line, they forsure are getting better but i dont think we have seen the best of them, expect them to turn it up these next few games, i really liked schenn throwing his weight around a bit in the first 2 games, good to see that from a 16 year old!

caliguiri has been playing awesome he needs to continue playing good.

brandon has to come out firing for both games 3 and 4, but wow, if we lose this one were done, we cant go down 3 - 0!!!!

come on boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lose any of the 3 at home and your done. If you lose one of them that means we come home only needing to win 1 out of the 2 remaining home games. you pretty much need a home sweep.

dagley
03-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Nothing is a give me in the Western league champ.

grainbear
03-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Hope tonights game is just as entertaining. I would say that 5 on 5 Brandon has been better. The difference thus far has been in the Canes players putting everthing in the lanes on the power play. Wuchterl was an example for all last game with 4 blocks with his body on the same powerplay and then getting a short handed goal. The big difference between game 1 and 2 was that the officials in game two called the game the way it is now to be called with no obstruction which definitely was not called in game one. Your team is probably one of the best on the fore check in the leaque while 5 on 5 . Our d-men have got to make the great first pass under pressure to neutralize your teams forecheck . Well what will be will be and we will know the results in about 4 hours.

GlutenGlutton
03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Lethbridge = overconfident, Brandon = do or die. Brandon by 3 or more. I will say 5-1.

dagley
03-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh man, what a game. I must say, as this is no excuse but the officiating was so absolutely god awful tonight and it had a role in us losing tonight. The first period was good, Brandon picked it up with some major for checking and started wearing down the Canes defense. But some costly mistakes and some REALLY unlucky bounces happened and ultimately cost us a 3-0 series deficit. We can play Lethbridge 5 on 5 easily. The first Canes goal was cause of bad awareness on Brandon's defense allowing Boychuk to sneak behind and get a breakaway. Fadden, oh Fadden, oh Fadden how lucky can you get with that puck bouncing everywhere. He had two goals tonight but I never really noticed Fadden much except one shift on the PK where he kept it in our zone for a good 20 seconds. Schenners goal was magnificent for him to put that way. Then, 4 on 4 we leave Hotson in the slot all alone and he simply roofs the thing, everybody in my section was cursing something fierce after that, followed by Faddens goal the "energy" in the crowd was drained even after the Bartek scored.

It be nice to see them get a win tomorrow night, cause they did deserve to win AGAIN tonight, but unlucky bounces and a few slight misreads cost us another victory. Id love to see them extend this and show a little pride and come out strong tomorrow night and force a Game 5. I still have a glimmer of hope, but I can't see us beating Lethbridge in 4 straight.

sbtatter
03-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Well, 2 of the things we needed to win this series, we're not getting. Goaltending and a good PP. Look at poor Joe's save %, .857, compared th their .924. Lokk at our PP, running at 10%.
Our best players have not been our best players. When McCue and Erb are your top defenceman, it's going to be a struggle. Aulie and Robak have been poor. Clark, Dittmer and Lowry have struggled. The good news is the kids and the Green, Fehr, Bartek line have looked good, and putting Yeo on the 4th line gave us some energy.
Their first goal, great anticipation by Boychuk, great pass by Wright, nice finish by Boychuk.
Their 2nd goal, bad break bouncing in off a d-man.
Their 3rd goal, poor hustle by Aulie leading to an easy goal for Hotson
Their 4th goal, I'm sure Caliguri would like that one back, didn't get over to cover the post.
Their goalie stood on his head, saving break aways, 2nd shots, as the shot total attests, 34 v 20.
Hoping we win won tomorrow, and make it to game 5.
Good fight, decision to Lowry.

localguy
03-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Lethbridge = overconfident, Brandon = do or die. Brandon by 3 or more. I will say 5-1.

If you think we are over confident, you do not follow this team. Just a little off with your prediction as well. Seems as thought there are liberties being taken with Boychuk that have gone unnoticed by officiating as well, so one could say the refs have been bad both ways. There were 4 more penalties assessed to the Canes than Brandon, how does that cost you? I don;t know about tonight, but in the 2 previous games, calls in the last minute of play to give you a 6 on 4 have been pretty soft calls.

Lowry better win that fight he has 20 pounds, and inch and a year on Bancks, and he was at home. Was it a good fight, or a hugging match? Bancks throws fast, but not hard.

dagley
03-25-2008, 09:56 PM
If you seen the first 5 minutes, then wow

sbtatter
03-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Lowry better win that fight he has 20 pounds, and inch and a year on Bancks, and he was at home. Was it a good fight, or a hugging match? Bancks throws fast, but not hard.
It was a good fight, where Lowry handled him pretty easily, but no KO punch. I'm hoping Yeo gets a hold of Wuchteral before the series is over!!

GlutenGlutton
03-25-2008, 11:24 PM
If you think we are over confident, you do not follow this team. Just a little off with your prediction as well. Seems as thought there are liberties being taken with Boychuk that have gone unnoticed by officiating as well, so one could say the refs have been bad both ways. There were 4 more penalties assessed to the Canes than Brandon, how does that cost you? I don;t know about tonight, but in the 2 previous games, calls in the last minute of play to give you a 6 on 4 have been pretty soft calls.

You must not have seen the game localguy. Lethbridge was badly outplayed for most of this one and showed real vulnerability when hit. If there was a stopwatch on each end of the ice I bet you would be looking at a 65-35 split at even strength. Congrats to them for winning the 3 games, but they've still got a ways to go.

I don't agree with blaming the reffing. Brandon just couldn't score when the chances were there. Could have easily had 7.

localguy
03-26-2008, 08:23 AM
It was a good fight, where Lowry handled him pretty easily, but no KO punch. I'm hoping Yeo gets a hold of Wuchteral before the series is over!!

Wucteral will just turtle, I would rather see King and Mcue toss 'em. And, I don't think over confidence was the issue with the Canes, it's more of playing without yet another top d-man (May) most of the game, and Brandon playing more desparate. The time spent in our zone has been the same in the previous two games also. We haven't handled your breakout well, and we only seem to use the same 2 lines 5 on 5 after we have a lead, not to mention killing 7 penalties to your 3. I have a feeling you might see more than a 1 goal differential (in favour of Brandon) after tonight's game, too many times we have played poorly and still won, we need to be beaten, to scare them into playing a full 60 again. Maybe Metsola keeping them in front will be a wake up call enough, but I don't think so.

GlutenGlutton
03-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Wucteral will just turtle, I would rather see King and Mcue toss 'em. And, I don't think over confidence was the issue with the Canes, it's more of playing without yet another top d-man (May) most of the game, and Brandon playing more desparate. The time spent in our zone has been the same in the previous two games also. We haven't handled your breakout well, and we only seem to use the same 2 lines 5 on 5 after we have a lead, not to mention killing 7 penalties to your 3. I have a feeling you might see more than a 1 goal differential (in favour of Brandon) after tonight's game, too many times we have played poorly and still won, we need to be beaten, to scare them into playing a full 60 again. Maybe Metsola keeping them in front will be a wake up call enough, but I don't think so.

Those are comments of a mature hockey fan. There's an extra gear a team needs to get into by round 3. So far Lethbridge hasn't had a reason to get there. Brandon found it in the first period last night but weren't able to do it for a full 60 either.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Who is overconfident? The fans or the players/coaches?????????

sbtatter
03-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Wucteral will just turtle, I would rather see King and Mcue toss 'em. And, I don't think over confidence was the issue with the Canes, it's more of playing without yet another top d-man (May) most of the game, and Brandon playing more desparate. The time spent in our zone has been the same in the previous two games also. We haven't handled your breakout well, and we only seem to use the same 2 lines 5 on 5 after we have a lead, not to mention killing 7 penalties to your 3. I have a feeling you might see more than a 1 goal differential (in favour of Brandon) after tonight's game, too many times we have played poorly and still won, we need to be beaten, to scare them into playing a full 60 again. Maybe Metsola keeping them in front will be a wake up call enough, but I don't think so. Well, we need to play desperate tonight!! What is May's injury? I saw he wasn't on the bench but missed how he was hurt....Your speed and finishing have been very good, we need to keep hitting Fadden and Boychuk to slow them down, also need to hit your defenceman to try and get them to turn the puck over... do or die tonight!!

localguy
03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Well, we need to play desperate tonight!! What is May's injury? I saw he wasn't on the bench but missed how he was hurt....Your speed and finishing have been very good, we need to keep hitting Fadden and Boychuk to slow them down, also need to hit your defenceman to try and get them to turn the puck over... do or die tonight!!

The post game news was that it was a upper/lower/left side/right side injury. LOL, not sure why the secrecy on injuries, but that's what they said. Not sure if he will be playing tonight or not. One thing you guys have done is hit us, our size has been a concern for me from the get go. Fortunately our speed and ablity to finnish has not.

sbtatter
03-26-2008, 05:06 PM
The post game news was that it was a upper/lower/left side/right side injury. LOL, not sure why the secrecy on injuries, but that's what they said. Not sure if he will be playing tonight or not. One thing you guys have done is hit us, our size has been a concern for me from the get go. Fortunately our speed and ablity to finnish has not.
I find your defence to be big and mobile (Versteeg, May and Wright), and very good at hitting us. I particularly like May, smart and tough. I think we miss having a player like that, we have Aulie who is big but he plays pretty soft. Sbisia is holding up under the hitting better than I thought, he's speedy...

localguy
03-26-2008, 06:35 PM
How did schenn get an interference major? What constitutes that?