PDA

View Full Version : Pep Rally

Offsider
03-26-2008, 08:50 AM
For the second year in a row .The people that organize the pre game pep rally have FAILED!!.
The first 2 periods of the game it showed. Bronco fans were out cheered by 60 Pats fans. This beef on the bun supper (was very good don’t get me wrong) But the whole ideal of a pep rally is to create excitement and carry in into the stands when the game starts. Home ice advantage starts THERE!!. You know how many kids I heard ask there parents were Charlie Horse was Your Mascot should be at pep rally. The Broncos came out and owned the Pats for the first 10 min shots were 11-1 if the fans would have showed up maybe it would have made the difference. There are lots of things they could have done .

• Get a projector TV and show highlights from the year Goals, Saves, Fights
• Edit some of Jon Keen calling the game Goals, Saves , Fights
• Trumpet guy, High school band , any band
• Your Mascot should be at a pep rally

I am sure there is a lot more Ideals .With the turnout for the pep rally 200-300 I am guessing They are probably counting there 5 bucks thinking it was a huge success but They miss a chance to set the mood and in a one goal game it could have been the difference They need to put some energy in the Building before the game even STARTS :confused:

bronco rep
03-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Offsider you hit the nail on the head. Thats what pep rallys are all about is to get the fans pumped & ready to go. I have been to all three games so far & the difference so far has been there big guns have out played our big guns. What is wrong with Wiese & Felde? They look like its Preseason out there. Comeon boys this is the time of yr when you play through pain or whatever it takes. I really believe we have to keep Eric up on forward & try Rogers on D or go with five D. Thats the thing that pisses me off with Dean is Rogers was good enough in the season & now its like sit this kid your not good enough. Boys i still believe that the Pats have not seen the best of the Broncos in this series, lets win game five & then its a best of 3. Yes i am like Big Ern I still do have faith in the Players. GO BRONCS GO clrkth

Toswammi
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM

If you are referring to the trumpet guy of a few years back, he is currently living in Regina where he is originally from.

Speedy Broncs
03-26-2008, 11:09 AM
How about handing out Bronco tatoos, face painting, colored hair gel...
Get people excited and pumped up so that they can pump up the team!!

Dogstink
03-26-2008, 11:20 AM
If you are referring to the trumpet guy of a few years back, he is currently living in Regina where he is originally from.

yeah you should bring that trumpet player from Regina in. He can play that trumpet fanfare "The Call to the Post" each time JD "the Clydesdale" or any of the other Pats scores a goal...lol.

Offsider
03-26-2008, 11:33 AM
How bout every time Watt takes a dive 4 times last night he layed on the ice in pain and tryed to draw a call when that did not happen jumped up and got back in the play Hunt needs to send him for acting classes so he will be Less Classless LOL

luv_the_pats
03-26-2008, 11:44 AM
I forgot....who got the OT Winning

vci22 JD WATT

luv_the_pats
03-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Silly me....I forgot to say "OT Game winning GOAL vci34

ointhecreek
03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
For the second year in a row .The people that organize the pre game pep rally have FAILED!!.
The first 2 periods of the game it showed. Bronco fans were out cheered by 60 Pats fans. This beef on the bun supper (was very good don’t get me wrong) But the whole ideal of a pep rally is to create excitement and carry in into the stands when the game starts. Home ice advantage starts THERE!!. You know how many kids I heard ask there parents were Charlie Horse was Your Mascot should be at pep rally. The Broncos came out and owned the Pats for the first 10 min shots were 11-1 if the fans would have showed up maybe it would have made the difference. There are lots of things they could have done .

• Get a projector TV and show highlights from the year Goals, Saves, Fights
• Edit some of Jon Keen calling the game Goals, Saves , Fights
• Your Mascot should be at a pep rally

I am sure there is a lot more Ideals .With the turnout for the pep rally 200-300 I am guessing They are probably counting there 5 bucks thinking it was a huge success but They miss a chance to set the mood and in a one goal game it could have been the difference They need to put some energy in the Building before the game even STARTS :confused:
I agree with most of what you said. It shouldn't have been called a pep rally, nothing happened to get people going. Maybe call it a play off BBQ. The beef was great again. We were suppose to get play off towels but I was told they were held up in customs. Poor planning? Why do they get them from the US to start with? The Broncos probably don't have any control on where they come from, dictated by WHL maybe. Just don't seem prepared for the play offs.
I don't agree though that we were out cheered by the pat fans. Every time they started the chant they were drowned out by bronco fans. I thought the fans were pretty noisy, at least the east end was. Best I've heard all year. Hope it keeps up for game 4 and the guys can feed off it and dig down deeper and give us a win, we're due for one at home.

Offsider
03-26-2008, 01:35 PM
I know he scored the OT WINNING GOAL. vci34 I was there . I just said he showed little class with the dives

Broncs in RD
03-26-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't think 5 on 5 their big guns have really outplayed us, but we need more out of the big guys. Where we are getting out played is on the special teams take that away and we are miles ahead in this series. Our PP is brutal 5 forwards on the ice and we give up 2 breakaways and then take a penelty. That was the STUPIDEST thing all game. Pats played with urgency and determination, we DIDN'T thats it. Some how we need a spark under our ass No sugar coating the situation we are an offensive team, start playing like it.

By the way Dans had an amazing game last night I watched it and he was one of a few who played with emotion and skill. Stieler looks not very good out there he should have had his skates sharpened before the game. He is one who really needs to pick it up.

Flathead
03-26-2008, 05:39 PM
I really believe we have to keep Eric up on forward & try Rogers on D or go with five D. Thats the thing that pisses me off with Dean is Rogers was good enough in the season & now its like sit this kid your not good enough. Boys i still believe that the Pats have not seen the best of the Broncos in this series, lets win game five & then its a best of 3. Yes i am like Big Ern I still do have faith in the Players. GO BRONCS GO clrkth
I agree with you 100% on that. Rogers deserves to play and many games through out the year he was better than a few of the veteran dmen.

Rocken Rob
03-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Well here I am agian for my 1 post in a year or is that 2 years...lol. I guess the only time I post is when something really gets under my skin and I feel shots are taken at people when others have not walked a day in there shoes.Well here goes, first off I do understand that everyone has there own ideas and opinions. As for the the playoff BBQ. Maybe the wrong name for the event was used and it should have been called a PLAYOFF BBQ. Yes a prep rally would be a great idea, they have them at the Rider Games and they are a blast, but that is at a football game and fans are not the same at hockey games. If anyone has a better idea way, please tell me. I think it is that when people go to football games , they go to have fun and be a fan, drink beer and make noise and at hockey games a lot of the same fans are trying to be head coach or G.M. and not just there to have fun and be a fans.I'm not saying all fans but a lot sure are, I guess that's hockey in Canada.
But what gets me upset is all the shots taken at the people that are just trying to do there job. A lot of the people that worked on the PLAYOFF event (lol) are just volunteers, me being one of them. Unlike the the big city teams with a lot of money , this team lives on the voluteers, that all work very hard to help keep hockey here. Yes there are many things we could have done that don't cost a lot of money , but they do take a lot of people to do...We have a hard time finding people just to hand out free things some nights. There are only so many helpers. And to one thing that got me upset enough to make this post, yes it would be nice to have the mascot at the pre game event, but once agian they too are JUST volunteers and have to all work for a living. On that night , he worked until 6 , then ran down to the rink and had a something light to eat and was dressed for over 3 hours. I'm not sure how many of you would have worked 8 hours, not eat and did the game and let me tell you , being a mascot is not an easy job and Offsider or Bronco rep any time you would like to try it , just give me a call..I guess I running on , but please understand , the people working in the office are trying there best and if you have ideas ,please call them up or drop them an email and if anyone wants to help do things , I'm sure they would love to have your help.I spend a lot of time at the rink and office and could not thing of anything else I would like to do better, I see how hard they all work and to see them take shots .....I'm sorry it upsets me and I'm sure it upsets them to. Just thing if you where in there shoes and had a fan form site at your place of work???? how would you feel. Finial , this is a great site and I do read all post on the Bronco site and others to, so lets keep up the good work , have fun and do what we all enjoy doing...Cheering for the BRONCOS>>>> LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!

Flathead
03-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Well here I am agian for my 1 post in a year or is that 2 years...lol. I guess the only time I post is when something really gets under my skin and I feel shots are taken at people when others have not walked a day in there shoes.Well here goes, first off I do understand that everyone has there own ideas and opinions. As for the the playoff BBQ. Maybe the wrong name for the event was used and it should have been called a PLAYOFF BBQ. Yes a prep rally would be a great idea, they have them at the Rider Games and they are a blast, but that is at a football game and fans are not the same at hockey games. If anyone has a better idea way, please tell me. I think it is that when people go to football games , they go to have fun and be a fan, drink beer and make noise and at hockey games a lot of the same fans are trying to be head coach or G.M. and not just there to have fun and be a fans.I'm not saying all fans but a lot sure are, I guess that's hockey in Canada.
But what gets me upset is all the shots taken at the people that are just trying to do there job. A lot of the people that worked on the PLAYOFF event (lol) are just volunteers, me being one of them. Unlike the the big city teams with a lot of money , this team lives on the voluteers, that all work very hard to help keep hockey here. Yes there are many things we could have done that don't cost a lot of money , but they do take a lot of people to do...We have a hard time finding people just to hand out free things some nights. There are only so many helpers. And to one thing that got me upset enough to make this post, yes it would be nice to have the mascot at the pre game event, but once agian they too are JUST volunteers and have to all work for a living. On that night , he worked until 6 , then ran down to the rink and had a something light to eat and was dressed for over 3 hours. I'm not sure how many of you would have worked 8 hours, not eat and did the game and let me tell you , being a mascot is not an easy job and Offsider or Bronco rep any time you would like to try it , just give me a call..I guess I running on , but please understand , the people working in the office are trying there best and if you have ideas ,please call them up or drop them an email and if anyone wants to help do things , I'm sure they would love to have your help.I spend a lot of time at the rink and office and could not thing of anything else I would like to do better, I see how hard they all work and to see them take shots .....I'm sorry it upsets me and I'm sure it upsets them to. Just thing if you where in there shoes and had a fan form site at your place of work???? how would you feel. Finial , this is a great site and I do read all post on the Bronco site and others to, so lets keep up the good work , have fun and do what we all enjoy doing...Cheering for the BRONCOS>>>> LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!
Charlie Horse isn't real?? :( Just kidding Rob, i see you along with a lot of others putting in time every game that you can, and I say thank you.

bronco rep
03-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Rockin Rob i was not attacking the staff, all i was saying it was not a pep rally & i tip my hat to you folks for all the hard work you folks do game in game out. Lets just get behind this team in game 5 & 6. Again i apprecate the work you folks do for the team. applause applause

stick boy
03-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes Rockin Rob, agreed the event was misnamed. It was a great turnout and a well run event! Kudos to Broncos fans for showing up and supporting the team in the playoffs, the atmosphere has been great. We will prevail in six!

Teddy_B
03-28-2008, 08:34 AM

That a boy Rob behind you 100%.
Offsider no reply to this? Apparently you have a wealth of knowledge in this area, why not jump on board and become a volunteer I am sure they will not turn you down. Hope your not going to use the excuse your to busy!
With your keen eye for observing things have you not noticed that basically it is the same faces you see every game volunteering, thats because it is the same small group of people doing an incredible job.
As for the people that plan these(staff) check the whl guide under every team and see how big a staff they carry compared to us. If you think this is their only task for the day you are sadly mistaken and misinformed seriously!
Maybe on your next day off come down to the rink for the whole day and walk a mile in their shoes if you have any common sense about you at all I hope it would change.