PDA

View Full Version : Brooms out anyone?

localguy
03-26-2008, 11:09 AM
I would like to see if the Canes play their first deperate game of the series. A full 60 minutes of our game is the only way we will win tonight. Thus far Juha has been the difference, and thank goodness he has. I have a feeling if that if we don't roll 4 lines, and play the full 60, we will lose tonight by more than 1 goal. Brndon has shown us how a team needs to play and we need to take a page out of their book and give it back. I realize we are up 3-0 but I have yet to see us play a complete game. I am not trying to take anything away from Brandon, but this has not been our team's best hockey by far.

I still say canes in 5, but 4 would be nice.

patsdude114
03-26-2008, 02:49 PM
With each game only being decided by 1 goal, each game could of went the other way. It could easily be the Wheaties up 3-0. Im not 1 for much of the shot clock but Game 3 was the 1st lope sided outcome with the Wheaties outshooting the canes 34-20. Im not sure what the scoring chances have been in each game but shot wise things looked to be close.

I really hope the Wheaties can squeak out at least 1 win and gie the canes 1 more game. As if the Pats should win looks as thought we will be playing the canes, with canes having home ice advantage. Looks as thought the Wheaties have been able to shut down the canes high power offence for the most part. I give all Kudos to McCrimmon getting the most out of his players each and every game.

wheat_city96
03-26-2008, 04:28 PM
so the canes won 3 close games.... now its the wheaties turn to win 3 close games, or maybe even 4. I dont know about you cane fans but the wheaties fans dont think this series is over yet.

localguy
03-26-2008, 04:46 PM
so the canes won 3 close games.... now its the wheaties turn to win 3 close games, or maybe even 4. I dont know about you cane fans but the wheaties fans dont think this series is over yet.

Perhaps because it isn't. If you read my post i thought it was fairly indicative of that. I really think that Brandon has yet to see a full effort from us whereas we have seen Brandon's best (and won). It's as I said from the beginning, the Wheaties are a good team, but they are not better than the Canes. We have won 3, 1 goal games, and I don't think they all could have gone either way, because none of them did. Every game ended with Brandon having a 6 on 4 advantage, and they haven't been able to make that big play. Not because they aren't giving their all, but because we have not let them make that play. Yes, we squeaked one out last night, but it has been the Canes story all year, finding ways to win even when they have no business doing so. Brandon is going to be (has been) a good club for a long time, but this just isn't their year. Put them against a different team in the East and more than likely you would be seeing different results. The Wheaties may make me eat my words and if they do good on them, however, I just don't think they can.

I am quite disappointed that rather than give credit for what the Canes have done in the series or admit that the Canes are a better team, people would rather talk about how it could have gone either way, or the Canes could easily be down 3. It is not an accident that we are winning. The right guys are doing the right things, and we are winning. I just hope this series will wake the boys up and have them see just how hard they have to play to move on.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-26-2008, 05:40 PM
It's over baby!!!!!!!!! Wether it is tonight or Friday of Sun or Mon ...........you guys are put up a good battle but.............CANES RULE!!!
FADDEN, BOYCHUK, our top guys, who are superstars dude, are eatin your defence alive. Ya you outplay us overall and pressure us to death (which works good to a point) but ya can't beat talent...............Fadden is world class and Boychuk ain't to shabby. You guys will have your turn when Schenn (BUDDING SUPERSTAR) and his buddies are a bit older...........................cause they is gonna be scary................but it is not gonna happen in 2008...........................GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR. Canes and the Wheat Kings are gonna rule the East next year.
See ya in the Dub final next year, but this year it is good bye...........lol.............. punk rock

wheat_city96
03-26-2008, 07:56 PM
It's over baby!!!!!!!!! Wether it is tonight or Friday of Sun or Mon ...........you guys are cooked , fried , and toasted...............CANES RULE!!!
FADDEN
BOYCHUK
METSOLA.............................sorry kids but our top guys, who are league wide superstars dude, are eatin your defence alive. Ya outplay us overall and pressere us to death (which works good to a point) but ya can't beat talent...............Fadden is world calss and Boychuk ain't to shabby. You guys will have your turn when Schenn (SUPERSTAR) and his buddies are a bit older...........................cause thay is gonna be scary................but it is not gonna happen in 2008...........................GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR. Canes and the Wheat Kings are gonna rule the East next year B*tch.
See ya in the Dub final next year, but this year it is good bye and p*ss of............lol.............. punk rock

wow your pretty excited that your team has (almost) won one round. i cant see you making it past the second round so cheer while it lasts! your canes are good but not good enough to do much this year. teams like calgary and kooteney should knock them out quite easily.

localguy
03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
wow your pretty excited that your team has (almost) won one round. i cant see you making it past the second round so cheer while it lasts! your canes are good but not good enough to do much this year. teams like calgary and kooteney should knock them out quite easily.

Considering Calgary beat us a total of 1 time this year nwo is hardly the time for sour grapes. wah wah wah. How can you even attempt to make this valid? Suck it up and take your lumps, we have for a long time, but not this year.

wheat_city96
03-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Considering Calgary beat us a total of 1 time this year nwo is hardly the time for sour grapes. wah wah wah. How can you even attempt to make this valid? Suck it up and take your lumps, we have for a long time, but not this year.

i dont have sour grapes at all brandon usually makes it to the third round every year im happy with how the year went with all the young guys we did good. im just saying its cute how happy you guys over one round, its really nothing when you have to win 3 more rounds, so good luck.

by the way you still need one more win and by the looks of things tonight were not giving up.

sbtatter
03-26-2008, 10:34 PM
We finally earned some breaks tonight, got the PP and PK where it needs to be and our goaltender was better than yours. Also managed to get your guys flustered for the first time in the series, thank goodness Fadden took that 10 minute misconduct in the 3rd!! Schenn should never have been tossed, but thankfully it served as a rallying point. If Schenn as a 16 year old is able to own a big overager like May, what's he going to be like in a couple years time?? Look out league!! I thought a real momentum turner was when Glennie pounded the tar out of Braes, that was so awesome, Braes taunting him so Glennie made him eat his words, cut him up and pounded him into the ice!!! And then Wuchteral beaking Calvert, so calvert offers to go and Wuchteral skates to the bench, calvert laughs and mocks him for talking but runninhg, the ref makes Wuchteral come back on the ice for the face off so Wuchteral goes to the opposite wing away from Calvert!
Aulie played like a big man and took Wright to a draw, Erb couldn't fight King b/c he has a cast on and if he drops the gloves he'll be suspended...
All of this and we still have no room for a mistake, being down 3V1, you nearly hate to have hope, but, it's one game at a time and wouldn't be great to make Lethbridge really earn this series? With as close as we've played Lethbridge, you can't begrudge us this one, especially as we overcame a dismal ref performance. Boychuks goal was a beauty, we scored a lot of rebound tap in's, but Fehrs was a thing of beauty. Lethbridge will come out a lot tougher on Friday, I'm sure their intensity had to be a little lower with the 3 game lead...Wright is such a good captain, always talking to the refs, influencing them (as a captain should), your PP had full control but tonight couldn't spring the open man with that diaganol (sp) pass down low.
This is a good series with 2 good teams, oh our future is bright with the rookies....

sbtatter
03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Remember how we discussed before the series on here that the WK's had the more balanced scoring, but you had the 4 real shooters in the regular season. Well, that's staying the same in the playoffs, your goals have been spread out amongst 6 players, ours amongst 8, you have 4 players with a plus rating, we have 10 who are a plus...
Your goaltending has the edge as it did in the regular season, 0.899 to 0.882.
Your PP is 25%, ours is 14.8%.
In order to win, we need better goaltending and need to get our PP even with yours....

GlutenGlutton
03-26-2008, 11:12 PM
It's over baby!!!!!!!!! Wether it is tonight or Friday of Sun or Mon ...........you guys are cooked , fried , and toasted...............CANES RULE!!!
FADDEN
BOYCHUK
METSOLA.............................sorry kids but our top guys, who are league wide superstars dude, are eatin your defence alive. Ya outplay us overall and pressere us to death (which works good to a point) but ya can't beat talent...............Fadden is world calss and Boychuk ain't to shabby. You guys will have your turn when Schenn (SUPERSTAR) and his buddies are a bit older...........................cause thay is gonna be scary................but it is not gonna happen in 2008...........................GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR. Canes and the Wheat Kings are gonna rule the East next year B*tch.
See ya in the Dub final next year, but this year it is good bye and p*ss of............lol.............. punk rock

Counting our chickens a little soon are we? Better play a lot better Friday or lady momentum shifts the other way. I'd be starting to get concerned about your team's alarming trouble getting scoring chances without anyone in the penalty box.

localguy
03-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Counting our chickens a little soon are we? Better play a lot better Friday or lady momentum shifts the other way. I'd be starting to get concerned about your team's alarming trouble getting scoring chances without anyone in the penalty box.

Not worried at all, I predicted this if you will remember. Since most of these guys haven't been in the playoffs before, they didn't know how difficult it is to close a series. They now know, and will. A far as thinking or supporting our team is cute? There are two words that come to mind, but I will take the high road. We have a team that could go to the league finals possibly further, and you would have to have blinders on if you don't see it. Your not getting out of the first round is why you are making the comment. As an in-expereinced playoff team, this series is only going to make us better in the next round. Most everything we hear form Brandon fans is how good the Wheaties are(even though they are trailing), well... they aren't as good as the Canes, plain and simple. I realize that you are fans of your team, but I don't call that "cute", I call that being good fans.

sbtatter
03-27-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm wondering if maybe the Ice are the dark horses of the eastern conference now, playing well, maxwell very rested, going to be interesting to see how far they progress, they want to play Leth, not Calgary, you want to play Calgary not Koot, it's weird how you guys can beat Calgary but not the Ice.

localguy
03-27-2008, 08:34 AM
I don;t know what it is, the only time we beat them this year it was pretty bad, but we can't solve them. Oddly enough, they can't beat Calgary. I think the Ice are a really good team, and could walk away with the Easter banner as well. It's a reall toos up this year. I dont' think there will be any Eastern Champ that people will be surprised by, it's been a great year to be a WHL fan.

brandonboy
03-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Sure we do!! :p

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Just tryin to stir things up a bit. I made this quote "way over the top" to get some comments goin, and it worked. If you notice I complimented your team and Schenn. I really do think the Canes are the better team, but not by much. Next year if you don't lose too many guys you guys could be scary. Funny though that if you won a series you would be pretty damn happy I bet.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-27-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm wondering if maybe the Ice are the dark horses of the eastern conference now, playing well, maxwell very rested, going to be interesting to see how far they progress, they want to play Leth, not Calgary, you want to play Calgary not Koot, it's weird how you guys can beat Calgary but not the Ice.
I wouldn't call Kootenay a dark horse. That would mean they were not expected to go far. They are the team we least wanted to face in these playoffs. They were the best team in the league the last 60 games or so, most of which were without Maxwell. If they could have beat Calgary a few times they would have got first. I am not arguing with what you are saying. Just the Ice are too good to be called a dark horse. I hope Calg/Regina/Canes all win thier first round series. Then we would get home ice over Regina and not have to face the Ice. That is al down the road though. We still have a tuff Brandon team to get past.

dagley
03-28-2008, 02:27 AM
Kootenay had such a rough start to the season, unbelievable what they did. I personally never counted them out with Greenan on the back end and DaSilva and Maxwell upfront.

By the way, you need 4 to win the series, and until you get that 4th one it's not over :D GO WHEATIES GO! I want another trip to Lethbridge!!!

sbtatter
03-28-2008, 04:09 AM
Kootenay had such a rough start to the season, unbelievable what they did. I personally never counted them out with Greenan on the back end and DaSilva and Maxwell upfront.

By the way, you need 4 to win the series, and until you get that 4th one it's not over :D GO WHEATIES GO! I want another trip to Lethbridge!!!Did anyone ever run the records of the teams from Xmas on? Would Lethbridge or Kooteney have had the best record in the East?

localguy
03-28-2008, 07:47 AM

By the way, you need 4 to win the series, and until you get that 4th one it's not over :D GO WHEATIES GO! I want another trip to Lethbridge!!!

You can come watch the nest series if you want, I am sure there will be and ampty seat for you, lol. I hope the boys got what they needed form that loss, and finnish tonight. Although it would be nice to see Boyle finnish his career in the Bridge. If so hopefully he would receive some recognition as well. Who am I kidding, I want it done tonight. haha

neutral
03-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Did anyone ever run the records of the teams from Xmas on? Would Lethbridge or Kooteney have had the best record in the East?

I am not sure about splitting the season at Christmas, but Kootenay has a slightly better record in the latter part of the season.

Kootenay first 32 games .609, last 40 games .663, total season .639
Lethbridge first 32 games .688, last 40 games .650, total season .667

In the last 40 games Kootenay earned 1 more point than Lethbridge.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
The Ice started the season 3-8-1 and the Canes started 4-6-1 so they both have had great records since then. Canes also ended the season poorly going 4-5-1. Take away first 10 and last 10 and they were 37-10-0-4 and dominated. They have not played the same kind of hockey at all lately and need to get that back if they want to go far.

wheat_city96
03-28-2008, 03:44 PM

another trip to lethbridge?

now there is what you call fan support!!!

Gamer
03-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Great Job Coach of the year... your coaching abilities and favortism will take you out in 4. ha ha ha

dagley
03-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I officially booked my ticket (That was lame) to Lethbridge, departure at 9am tomorrow morning

sbtatter
03-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Tonight was a much slower paced game, both teams looked gassed. That #1 line of lethbridge is a terror, we have a hard time against them, but green. bartek, Fehr/Cowan did a good a job as any of our lines have. Caliguri was good. i was really surprised the Canes changed up their goalie, I think I'd rather them leave Maniago in now. Kudo's to both teams for not quitting, I feel good that we have not rolled over. The odds of winning 2 in Lethbridge are not high, but i didn't think we would have lost 3 in a row either. No matter what happens, I think both teams will have a tonne of respect for each other after the series....

shushu
03-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Tonight was a much slower paced game, both teams looked gassed. That #1 line of lethbridge is a terror, we have a hard time against them, but green. bartek, Fehr/Cowan did a good a job as any of our lines have. Caliguri was good. i was really surprised the Canes changed up their goalie, I think I'd rather them leave Maniago in now. Kudo's to both teams for not quitting, I feel good that we have not rolled over. The odds of winning 2 in Lethbridge are not high, but i didn't think we would have lost 3 in a row either. No matter what happens, I think both teams will have a tonne of respect for each other after the series....
sounds like a great series is going on, looking forward to having the canes back on home ice................sunday will be a brand new day, as always GO CANES GO......................................as for the trash talk on both sides.... carefull where you shooting you mouth off...........................LOL vci33

sbtatter
03-29-2008, 12:36 AM
sounds like a great series is going on, looking forward to having the canes back on home ice................sunday will be a brand new day, as always GO CANES GO......................................as for the trash talk on both sides.... carefull where you shooting you mouth off...........................LOL vci33
I think both sets of fans won't trash each others team so much after this, probably both have a new found respect for other now....

loudi94
03-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Since Dyck gave the Wheaties a gift last night by playing Maniago for what appears to be no valid reason, any chance Brandon can return the favour tomorrow??

sbtatter
03-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Since Dyck gave the Wheaties a gift last night by playing Maniago for what appears to be no valid reason, any chance Brandon can return the favour tomorrow??Ha, Joe C already gifted you guys game 3, so no more gifts!!! Seriously though, I was very surprised you changed goalies, and based on the regular season and playoff games against you guys, I think Metsola is the better goalie....Whilst handing props out to you guys, Sbisia is handling the hitting way better than I thought he would, very good d-man.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Our announcers were saying the top line did not play like a top line most of the game and its sounded like they were not gunning it all night. Dyck started Maniago on a hunch. He knew winning that game would be tuff with your backs against the wall and put Manny in to see if he could steal the game with a hot performance. He also did not want Juha to lose 2 in row for his confidence and he knew it would be tuff to win it. I for one think it was a good move. Manny was number one most of the year and Dyck played the odds and a hunch. You can bet Juha will be in Sunday.
Sounds like you guys had homer linesman, as most linesman are local guys. Too many men was not called twice and a few questionable offsides let go. Also a few icings waived off your way that should not have been called and we were called a few times when we actually touched the puck on side. I felt this way listening to the game and our Coach, who rarely if ever critisizes the officiating, felt the same way. In a close game one call can make a difference. Not that it did but a hate bad or favorable reffing.
"“I thought there was some questionable officiating tonight. For us to outplay them the way we did and still be on the short end of the penalties and other calls. . . we’re looking at getting back home and certainly having our own linesmen and if we keep working hard good things will happen.”, said Dyck.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Ha, Joe C already gifted you guys game 3, so no more gifts!!! Seriously though, I was very surprised you changed goalies, and based on the regular season and playoff games against you guys, I think Metsola is the better goalie....Whilst handing props out to you guys, Sbisia is handling the hitting way better than I thought he would, very good d-man.
He doesn't mind the ruff stuff at all. For a kid no one heard of 6 months ago he has improved immensely. To come from a Swiss Jr league to the Dub is a gigantic step. He was ranked 13 or 14th by Int Scouting Services, up form nowwhere, last month. Just one spot behind Boychuk and I would not be surprised to see him go ahead of Boychuk.

wheat_city96
03-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Our announcers were saying the top line did not play like a top line most of the game and its sounded like they were not gunning it all night. Dyck started Maniago on a hunch. He knew winning that game would be tuff with your backs against the wall and put Manny in to see if he could steal the game with a hot performance. He also did not want Juha to lose 2 in row for his confidence and he knew it would be tuff to win it. I for one think it was a good move. Manny was number one most of the year and Dyck played the odds and a hunch. You can bet Juha will be in Sunday.
Sounds like you guys had homer linesman, as most linesman are local guys. Too many men was not called twice and a few questionable offsides let go. Also a few icings waived off your way that should not have been called and we were called a few times when we actually touched the puck on side. I felt this way listening to the game and our Coach, who rarely if ever critisizes the officiating, felt the same way. In a close game one call can make a difference. Not that it did but a hate bad or favorable reffing.
"“I thought there was some questionable officiating tonight. For us to outplay them the way we did and still be on the short end of the penalties and other calls. . . we’re looking at getting back home and certainly having our own linesmen and if we keep working hard good things will happen.”, said Dyck.

come on this is the whl i dont think thats fair to say our linesman are homers, i have watched many games where the officiating was terrible towards the wheaties at home this year.

besides we went 0-7 on the PP so stop complaining.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-29-2008, 05:12 PM
come on this is the whl i dont think thats fair to say our linesman are homers, i have watched many games where the officiating was terrible towards the wheaties at home this year.

besides we went 0-7 on the PP so stop complaining.

Whatever dude. Our coach I don't think has said one thing about officials this year......... until now. The fact he brings it up, and doesn't just say reffing but points out "linesman" makes it pretty obvious. Our announcers felt the same way and it appeared it was just one of the linesman. Not saying it cost us the game and not using it for an excuse or anything.
But it needs to be addressed by his supervisor. If it is bad both ways it is one thing. This is my opinion, but reading between the lines of coaches and announcers, it honestly seems a little dirtier than just being bad.

GlutenGlutton
03-29-2008, 05:13 PM
To me what starting Maniago did was take a team that should have been confident they were way up and created uncertainty. Maybe that was the point, but there's a reason in the playoffs they normally say to pick one guy and ride him.

I'm jealous of Lethbridge fans, you are going to get to see one and hopefully two great games. It won't be easy for Brandon to win both but it seems like the big guy upstairs is starting to let them have a few bounces.

sbtatter
03-29-2008, 05:14 PM
The ref and linesman were a non factor last night, well officiated game. They cracked down on the holding and interference that the Canes were utilizing (to good effect). There were no glaring mistakes like the game before when Schenn was kicked out...
In my mind you guys have no choice but to back to metsola.
Your first line was the quietest it's been, kudo's to the Green line. I'm sure Dyck will match them up with our Clark line next game. Boychuk is by far the best offensive player in the series, I've watched all 5 games live and I'd say Boyle, Sbisia or Wright are the best d-men.
Once again, our only chance to win tomorrow night is to receive superior goaltending and special teams, also, our #1 line hasn't delivered yet (time is running out!!) obviously we require a minor miracle to win. go Wheaties!!

sbtatter
03-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Whatever dude. Our coach I don't think has said one thing about officials this year......... until now. The fact he brings it up, and doesn't just say reffing but points out "linesman" makes it pretty obvious. Our announcers felt the same way and it appeared it was just one of the linesman. Not saying it cost us the game and not using it for an excuse or anything.
But it needs to be addressed by his supervisor. If it is bad both ways it is one thing. This is my opinion, but reading between the lines of coaches and announcers, it honestly seems a little dirtier than just being bad.
If your team wants to talk about "dirty" calls, they have to look no further than the Schenn call in game #4. Honestly, I sit behind the visitors bench and they were all laughing about Schenn getting kicked out on the brutal call. Speaking of Schenn, how abour Wuchteral ("Wuk-turtle" as the fans were calling him), back up his words and take on the 16 year old? I realize all teams need an agitator, but I think a lot more of them when they at least occasionaly drop the mitts to back up their trash talk....
But back to the original topic I'm sure Dyck is doing what he has to to prepare his team and attempt to work the officals before game 6 (as a good coach should).

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Silly me. Now I get it. As long as things go Brandon's way and you win the game, and the ref calls us for all our blatant hooking and grabbing, and no one calls anything on Schenn then the refs are great. Wow took me 20 years to figure that out. Next thing you know your gonna tell me the 2-3-2 series was not to your benefit..................oh wait a minute you all already claimed that............silly me. When will I learn its Brandon's way or the highway. vc124

sbtatter
03-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Silly me. Now I get it. As long as things go Brandon's way and you win the game, and the ref calls us for all our blatant hooking and grabbing, and no one calls anything on Schenn then the refs are great. Wow took me 20 years to figure that out. Next thing you know your gonna tell me the 2-3-2 series was not to your benefit..................oh wait a minute you all already claimed that............silly me. When will I learn its Brandon's way or the highway. vc124
I'm not sure what you're talking about? I haven't talked about the 2-3-2 format at all, but the way it worked out so far it benefited Brandon.
And the only Schenn call I'm talking about is the game misconduct, and if you can't admit that was an error then you're not seeing the forest for the trees. Why be so cynical, and think that we're all seeing in one way.
The first game Bdn got the calls their way, the 2nd game it went the Canes way. the 3rd game was iffy both ways, the 4th game the refs called it poor (I detailed 4 incidents after, hits from behind on banks and Green unpenalized, the Schenn call and the time a cane was put in the box and then after discussion his penalty was taken off the board), so I already admit game 1 was in our favour, so I'm not bs'ing about last night!! It was a well called game, there is no favouritism in my saying that. The facts are that Brandon were the least penalized team during the season, 161 less minutes than you had so it's not surprising that we get less penalties during the game against you.
It's not Brandon's way or the highway, I've already stated you have the best line, the best forward, the best goalie. I've commented how your defence have played well, Sbisia, Wright, etc. If I'm so biased against you why would i have said that?
I hope your team is as wound up as you about officials, because if they are then maybe we have a chance to win tomorrow night!
And one more think about believing what I say, remember, even though my heart wants Bdn to win, my head predicted a Canes win in 6, I don't know how to be any more unbiased than this.
Or maybe whatever I say you're just not listening, you just feel hard done by?? You should be feeling good, b/c you have 2 chances at home to finish us off, and our road record sucks lately!!

dagley
03-29-2008, 08:38 PM
You're an idiot if you don't think with this series ending up the way it did, that you don't benefit from the 2-3-2 now that its a 3-2 series lead for you with Game 6 and 7 in your building, but I'm in your building :evil: :evil: :evil:

sbtatter
03-29-2008, 08:44 PM
You're an idiot if you don't think with this series ending up the way it did, that you don't benefit from the 2-3-2 now that its a 3-2 series lead for you with Game 6 and 7 in your building, but I'm in your building :evil: :evil: :evil:It helped us with game 5, but it's going to bite us from now on, we really needed to split the first time around...Hey Dagley, I pm'd you man................good job you left early today b/c the roads are evil here now....

Bully73
03-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Your theories are full of contradictions and when someone offers a valid opinion, you respond with a bunch of jibberish.

Our announcers were saying the top line did not play like a top line most of the game and its sounded like they were not gunning it all night.
And yet at the end of the message, you quote the coach as follows:

For us to outplay them the way we did and still be on the short end of the penalties and other callsThe announcers told it how it was. There was no way Lethbridge outplayed the WK's last night. It was not an overly impressive performance by either team, with very little energy from either side, but there was no outplaying. The only thing impressive with Lethbridge's game last night was their ability to keep springing guys on breakaways, even when I'm sure our coaches have got to be harping on our d'men to be watching for that. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Lethbridge has scored a breakaway goal every game, including two last night, even though it didn't look from my perspective like the Boychuk one went in. Looked like the crossbar and then straight down into Joe's feet. I couldn't believe Kelly hardly said anything about it immediately afterwards, although he did say in the postgame show that the video replays he saw were inconclusive whether the puck went in.

Sounds like you guys had homer linesman, as most linesman are local guys. Too many men was not called twice and a few questionable offsides let go. Also a few icings waived off your way that should not have been called and we were called a few times when we actually touched the puck on side.
I'm not positive, but I don't think either of those two last night were local. The few Brandon linesmen that I do know of were not working that game last night. There was one situation where too many men could have been warranted as the WK jumped off the bench a little early, but it was late in the 3rd period and it did not create or impede a scoring chance, so I'm sure the refs like most would in such a situation let it go. With regards to blown off-side calls, I only saw one myself, and it was a missed call against Lethbridge that resulted in an excellent scoring opportunity.

Dyck started Maniago on a hunch. He knew winning that game would be tuff with your backs against the wall and put Manny in to see if he could steal the game with a hot performance.
Perhaps this is the reason Dyck came up with the supposed poor officiating story to take the story away from such a stupid hunch. Metsola had been playing great, making some fantastic saves each game (even in the 5-1 loss) and they put in Maniago who was average at best last night. When you have the chance to put away a series you go with your hot hand for the killing blow. I would love to see Maniago back between the pipes tomorrow.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-29-2008, 11:31 PM
You're an idiot if you don't think with this series ending up the way it did, that you don't benefit from the 2-3-2 now that its a 3-2 series lead for you with Game 6 and 7 in your building, but I'm in your building :evil: :evil: :evil:
What I am saying, if you take the time to think about it, is if it was a 2-2-1-1-1 series it would be over already......we would have got the game 5 win here instead of letting you back in the series with 3 in row at home..........duh.

GlutenGlutton
03-30-2008, 10:54 AM

Whoa dude. First off, it's great to see Lethbridge fans and media back to talking more about hockey. You know you have the other team worried when.....

Watch the video of the call and tell me what you'd think if the shoe were on the other foot. Brandon fans love Schenn, no denying that. Most will admint that on that particular call he might have deserved 2. If blood were the only criteria for 2 vs 5, you would see bitten lips on every call (not saying that is what happend here).

On the 2-3-2, in the end it won't make any difference either way. If we win tonight, consider that our proving we could have won a game 5 in your building. If you win, point proven and you move on to round 2. No matter how you cut it, if the Wheat Kings can steal the next 2 they deserve to be in the second round.

sbtatter
03-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Is probably a very accurate representation of how even this series really is...
"I think we needed that loss to really wake us up,” Boychuk said, admitting his club was just not very good all night long. “I think the first three games were definitely a battle and could have gone either way and now that one went their way we really have to come back hard and show them that we’re the better team.”
Whichever team loses is going to feel they could have gone on to make some noise in the playoffs...
The way I figure it, if lethbridge win the series, they will end up playing either Kooteney (if Calgary win) or MJ (if MJ win)Who would Lethbridge want to play out of those 2? I'm thinking MJ all the way for you guys, b/c your fans were telling us they can't find a way to beat Kooteney.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Is probably a very accurate representation of how even this series really is...
"I think we needed that loss to really wake us up,” Boychuk said, admitting his club was just not very good all night long. “I think the first three games were definitely a battle and could have gone either way and now that one went their way we really have to come back hard and show them that we’re the better team.”
Whichever team loses is going to feel they could have gone on to make some noise in the playoffs...
The way I figure it, if lethbridge win the series, they will end up playing either Kooteney (if Calgary win) or MJ (if MJ win)Who would Lethbridge want to play out of those 2? I'm thinking MJ all the way for you guys, b/c your fans were telling us they can't find a way to beat Kooteney.
Probably Moose Jaw but you never want to pick your opponent to give them momentum, so the Canes say it does not matter. We smoked the Ice 7-1 last home game and outplayed them but lost I think 2-1 last road game. Prior to that I think we were 0-4. First we need to get by Brandon and that is not a done deal. Pressure is now on the Canes and we will see how they react. Just my opinion but I think tonight will be like 5-2 Canes.................but the Wheaties are not gonna roll over. I just really don't want to see a game seven. My heart can't take it dude. Plus if there is a game 7 the Wheaties will obviously have ALL the momentum.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Whoa dude. First off, it's great to see Lethbridge fans and media back to talking more about hockey. You know you have the other team worried when.....

Watch the video of the call and tell me what you'd think if the shoe were on the other foot. Brandon fans love Schenn, no denying that. Most will admint that on that particular call he might have deserved 2. If blood were the only criteria for 2 vs 5, you would see bitten lips on every call (not saying that is what happend here).

On the 2-3-2, in the end it won't make any difference either way. If we win tonight, consider that our proving we could have won a game 5 in your building. If you win, point proven and you move on to round 2. No matter how you cut it, if the Wheat Kings can steal the next 2 they deserve to be in the second round.
If the Wheaties win this series the 2-3-2 probably had nothing to do with it. The best team is gonna win this. Not the luckiest or anything. What video are you talking about? Is there a video of the Schenn hit. I would luv to se it cause it is so controversial but I have not heard of a video being available. I wonder if the crowd will boo Schenn all night tonight?

sbtatter
03-30-2008, 12:58 PM
If the Wheaties win this series the 2-3-2 probably had nothing to do with it. The best team is gonna win this. Not the luckiest or anything. What video are you talking about? Is there a video of the Schenn hit. I would luv to se it cause it is so controversial but I have not heard of a video being available. I wonder if the crowd will boo Schenn all night tonight? I was wondering who you would boo if the crowd gets into it, McCue maybe b/c of him amd Wuchterals running battle in the first game?

Bocephus
03-30-2008, 01:15 PM
So where are you sitting this time? I want to make sure I give you strange looks all game if I sit near you again. ;)
I will be in DD

dagley
03-30-2008, 01:54 PM
What I am saying, if you take the time to think about it, is if it was a 2-2-1-1-1 series it would be over already......we would have got the game 5 win here instead of letting you back in the series with 3 in row at home..........duh.

Cause we all know this series is over right?

sbtatter
03-30-2008, 02:37 PM
So where are you sitting this time? I want to make sure I give you strange looks all game if I sit near you again. ;)
I will be in DD
I'm not there today, i have to be in Winnipeg at 8am tomorrow. We could have had a beer together in the intermission if i was there...Dagley's there today I believe.....

sbtatter
03-30-2008, 02:50 PM
I will be in DD
I'm not there today, i have to be in Winnipeg at 8am tomorrow. We could have had a beer together in the intermission if i was there...Dagley's there today I believe.....

localguy
03-30-2008, 04:09 PM
If the Wheaties win this series the 2-3-2 probably had nothing to do with it. The best team is gonna win this. Not the luckiest or anything. What video are you talking about? Is there a video of the Schenn hit. I would luv to se it cause it is so controversial but I have not heard of a video being available. I wonder if the crowd will boo Schenn all night tonight?

If the refs would have just called it a charge (like it was), there would be no issue with the call. It is irrelevant anyway, b/c the team actually played better w/o Schenn that game. I just want to see 4 lines rolling, and the kind of play that brought us success. No more panic and drop to two lines dump the puck, and have no desire to control the play. The hail mary flip has worked, yes, but it is hardly the foundation for an offensive strategy. Put the kid line together against the "baby Blue line" (kind of a girlie name by the way), and see how the kids all play against eachother. Our kids have been ineffective this series, there is no chemistry with 14,15, and 29, and the fourth line might as well not dress for the 2 shifts a game they have been getting. Even if we get out of this round, our coaching needs to use everyone on his roster, not the same guys for everything. I am predicting a win tonight, with Metsola starting (never should have been benched for gm 5), and hopefully a wake upo call for the players and coaching staff.

I know I defended coach Dyck earlier, but he seems to have forgtooen what has brought this team to where it is. It wasn't until he was rolling 4 linews that this team started winning. Let's get back to old habits like winning, and "team play".

Bocephus
03-30-2008, 04:22 PM
So where are you sitting dagley?

OldRaiderFan
03-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey dadley, has Brandon ever won the Memorial Cup?

x2 - WHL Titles
x4 - Memorial Cup Appearances
x6 - Eastern Conference Titles
x10 - Division Titles

WHEATMAN
03-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey dadley, has Brandon ever won the Memorial Cup?

What has PA done lately besides their trademarked playoff misses?

localguy
03-30-2008, 09:16 PM
GOOD BYE. yeehoo Now you have seen Hurricane hockey at it's best.

How was Luca's fight?

WHEATMAN
03-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Congrats on winning the series, its been a looooooooooonnnnnnggggg time since the hurricanes have done anything in the playoffs. Good luck.

sbtatter
03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
The webcast was pretty clear tonight. Congrats to the canes, sucks to lose but been a great season for our team not expected to make the playoffs, good luck to you moving forward.
I see Dyck didn't start his big guns on the last 2 PP's when the game was in hand, classey (sp).
We just came out too slow, then took penalties and couldn't get going, just not enough pressure. Losing Glennie took a big piece out of our offence, but awesome to see Schenn stand up for his team.
You had the better special teams, the best line and likely the best goaltending, so there you go. After losing the first 3 games that could have gone either way, very proud of our effort and not folding, damn it all why did i predict the Canes in 6!!!
Kind of choked right now so will post more later!

sbtatter
03-30-2008, 09:35 PM

How was Luca's fight?
You got home quickly, took me forever to get out of your parking lot after the first 2 games!

Bocephus
03-30-2008, 09:50 PM
I expect the Canes and the Wheaties to be the class of the East next year. So, let's do this again next year.
:thumb: applause vci34

loudi94
03-30-2008, 10:18 PM

How was Luca's fight?
I think he jumped three spots in the draft based on that one play. Destroyed Glennie and then manned up against Schenn. Pretty good scrap with lots of punches landed.

I have to say I've never seen this team play that physical. Brandon brought out the toughness in us. If we bang Kootenay like we did to Brandon tonight we'll do just fine.

captain blog
03-30-2008, 10:38 PM
If the refs would have just called it a charge (like it was), there would be no issue with the call. It is irrelevant anyway, b/c the team actually played better w/o Schenn that game. I just want to see 4 lines rolling, and the kind of play that brought us success. No more panic and drop to two lines dump the puck, and have no desire to control the play. The hail mary flip has worked, yes, but it is hardly the foundation for an offensive strategy. Put the kid line together against the "baby Blue line" (kind of a girlie name by the way), and see how the kids all play against eachother. Our kids have been ineffective this series, there is no chemistry with 14,15, and 29, and the fourth line might as well not dress for the 2 shifts a game they have been getting. Even if we get out of this round, our coaching needs to use everyone on his roster, not the same guys for everything. I am predicting a win tonight, with Metsola starting (never should have been benched for gm 5), and hopefully a wake upo call for the players and coaching staff.

I know I defended coach Dyck earlier, but he seems to have forgtooen what has brought this team to where it is. It wasn't until he was rolling 4 linews that this team started winning. Let's get back to old habits like winning, and "team play".
well said Local guy! all 4 lines have to play for the canes to dominate. nice goal by the 4th line [knuckles], great hit and scrap by Luca. Luca clearly was victorious in the fight. well done CANES!!! go canes go!!! clrkthj

captain blog
03-30-2008, 10:44 PM
oh ya, sweet Gordie Howe hat-trick by Luca Sbisa. no swiss miss here!!! applause

GlutenGlutton
03-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Brandon needed two things to happen in the first period that didn't.

Continued discipline. The first period penalties were tough to argue. The Cowan penalty to me should have had a Lethbridge player going off for the hit on the same sequence, but water under the bridge.

Hit hit hit. I don't know if there was no gas left in the tank or they just didn't bring it, but Lethbridge were just more physical.

After that you guys hold a lead so well and dominated your end of the rink. Tough to come back with as few chances as you gave.

Best of luck against the Ice. I'm glad we were able to push you to 6. If you had finished it in 4 I think you would have had a short second round. As it stands as long as you play with the energy of game 6 there's the potential to do some exciting things.

Thanks to Lethbridge fans on this board for being such good sports. We had our spats, but on the average you would be hard pressed to find a classier group. It's been long enough, you deserve a bit of playoff success. Here's to hoping the city gets behind the team, there's nothing like a prairie city ralling behind a hockey playoff run!

See you in April 09!

localguy
03-31-2008, 08:18 AM
You got home quickly, took me forever to get out of your parking lot after the first 2 games!

I am out of town, I listened on the radio. :(

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Hit hit hit. I don't know if there was no gas left in the tank or they just didn't bring it, but Lethbridge were just more physical.

After that you guys hold a lead so well and dominated your end of the rink. Tough to come back with as few chances as you gave.
!

I was very surprised how easily we dominated you in this game. It really looked like you guys were totally out of gas. After watching the first 2 games I wondered if you could keep that pace up. You guys were playing at 100 mph all the time. Dominated on the forecheck and seemed like there was 6 or 7 of you out there sometimes. The team that showed up last night was nothing at all like the team I saw in the first 2 games, thank god. That team that showed up here the first 2 games played as hard as any team I have ever seen. The Canes can wear teams down though with there dedicated defensive play. I am not sure if we wore you out or you guys burned yourselves out................................
Biggest difference in the series I thought was the Canes D played much better than the Wheaties. We had by far the better scoring chances in the 3 games here. Also Metsola played very sound hockey and probably was better than Caligiuri. Caligiuri played better than it might look like if you just go by stats though. His save percentage does not look good but your D left him out to dry a lot. Canes don't shoot as much as some teams but wait for the better opportunity, (sometimes way too much) so the shots Caligiuri faced were often of the high end variety. I think Colton Sceviour can attest to some of the saves he made.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Best of luck against the Ice. I'm glad we were able to push you to 6. If you had finished it in 4 I think you would have had a short second round. As it stands as long as you play with the energy of game 6 there's the potential to do some exciting things.
See you in April 09!
I agree with you. We learned how to fight till the end and what it is gonna take to keep going. If a team faces no adversity they will get lazy and in the playoffs, if you are not going 100% you are "goin golfin" before you know what hit you. Brandon showed us what it will take to keep going. It was also good to play such a fast team as the Ice are the same kind of team.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Just a few more comments. I said the Canes in 6 and maybe 5. Was not being rude and I didn't really know if the Wheaties were as good as us or not to be frank. I did however knowhow good the Canes can play and it showed up in the last 2 games. If they play like they did during stretches this season and in game 6, they can do some more damage.
Luca Sbisa is a stud. Played like a 20 year old and is probably (along with Wright) our best D-man. May however really needs to pick it up. 6 games, no points, minus 5 and very few hits or battles won in the corners. I am gonna cut him some slack as after watching him last night, I am betting he is playing injured. .................. I can see why Brandon fans love Schenn. He is a gamer and plays good old time hockey, along with obvious offensive talent. He did not stand out offensively but he hits, fights and never quits. He is potential MVP material and the Wheaties fans are lucky they get to watch him for a few more years. Boyle is a very classy guy and thanked the refs, timekeepers and everbody. That was a class move. Your coach however is another story. Did not stick around to shake hands at the end of the game. Not a very classy move.
Would love to see a Canes/Wheatie Eastern conference final next year and Good Luck to all the Brandon fans and players. Sorry to see dagley had to drive all the way here for just one more game but hopefully he enjoyed Lethbridge.

Bully73
03-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Your coach however is another story. Did not stick around to shake hands at the end of the game. Not a very classy move.
Kelly takes a lot of heat from opposition fans and some of it deservedly so, although he has tamed down considerably from a couple years ago. This does not sound like something he would do though, and I wonder if it has anything to do with the comments made in the Lethbridge paper and complaint lodged to the league office after game 5 by the Lethbridge organization.

Good luck Canes in the next round. Going to be a great series with two very good teams with some great top-end talent.

dagley
03-31-2008, 02:50 PM
All due respect, Kelly had his reason. I wouldn't want to shake hands with them if they indeed tried to get Schenn suspended for one of the cleanest body checks I've ever seen.

moon
03-31-2008, 06:11 PM
All due respect, Kelly had his reason. I wouldn't want to shake hands with them if they indeed tried to get Schenn suspended for one of the cleanest body checks I've ever seen.

If that is the reason then it just confirms what many already knew, that Mccrimmon has no class.

And color me surprised that you don't think that Schenn did anything wrong and that it was a clean hit.

Bocephus
03-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Is depriving the Canes of water in the third period of game five class?
Is turning out their dressing room lights class?
Plenty of stuff hasn't been made public.
I lost plenty of respect for McCrimmon. :(
Beating them 4-0 made me even happier.

localguy
03-31-2008, 08:05 PM

How can a team get someone or try to get someone suspended anyway? Please. I am sure by clean you mean a late charge on a player who does not have the puck right? A clean hit would be what Sbisa did to Glennie, and subsequently did to Shcenn, two birds with one Swiss stone.

WHEATMAN
03-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Regardless of the situation, not shaking hands on McCrimmon's part was classless, I really hope this wasn't the case. It could have something to do with the fact that the jackass fan behind the bench alledgedly dumped a beer on McCrimmon, combine that with losing 4-0 and we might have a reason for him not shaking hands, not that that means anything though.

Bocephus
03-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Was anyone sitting around that incident? I was on the other side of the rink and didn't see what precipitated the incident. I did see McCrimmon pat his shoulder with a towel. I am really curious whether it was a verbal argument or if it began with a classless act by a fan.

WorkHorse
03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Was anyone sitting around that incident? I was on the other side of the rink and didn't see what precipitated the incident. I did see McCrimmon pat his shoulder with a towel. I am really curious whether it was a verbal argument or if it began with a classless act by a fan.

Apparently something was dumped or thrown on Kelly, and after players being hit with pop bottles at the end of game 1 it probably ticked him off some. But, even so, it wasn't the Lethbridge players or coaches doing it but an out of control fan. I think he still should have stayed for the hand shake.

Bocephus
03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Apparently something was dumped or thrown on Kelly, and after players being hit with pop bottles at the end of game 1 it probably ticked him off some. But, even so, it wasn't the Lethbridge players or coaches doing it but an out of control fan. I think he still should have stayed for the hand shake.

The Brandon players were hit with pop bottles? I didn't hear that.
I certainly took long enough for security to arrive on the scene during that incident.

sbtatter
03-31-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't know about the lights, but the Canes had water on the bench b/c I saw the water bottles changed in intermission 2....that's a fact...

WorkHorse
03-31-2008, 10:23 PM
The Brandon players were hit with pop bottles? I didn't hear that.
I certainly took long enough for security to arrive on the scene during that incident.

The pop bottles were in Game 1, and at the end of the game, security was notified after the fact as the game had already ended. Could be why Kelly reacted when something happened in game 6.

REMINDER, it was probably only one or two idiots doing these things, as is usually the case in every rink. 99.9% of the fans in Lethbridge were great!

Bocephus
03-31-2008, 11:01 PM
I don't know about the lights, but the Canes had water on the bench b/c I saw the water bottles changed in intermission 2....that's a fact...
Maybe there water bottles were changed to empty ones?
I did hear this via a team source.
It doesn't matter now anyway. cheers sbtatter.

Chicken on a Chain
03-31-2008, 11:20 PM

So if your going to be the one to make those things public, the least you could do is get your facts straight. Why don't you re-check your source and try again.

localguy
03-31-2008, 11:35 PM
our season continues, you guys are looking towards next year, beyond that, who cares.

Bocephus
03-31-2008, 11:52 PM
our season continues, you guys are looking towards next year, beyond that, who cares.
Pretty much what I said too localguy.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
There was no pop bottle incident. Bottles and cans are not allowed in the rink. Everything is served in plastic cups and I was at that game on that side of the ice and there was no "pop bottle" incident. As for the fan/McRimmon incident. I sit there and no one saw the fan do anything, but if he quickly flipped some beer at Mcrimmon who would notice. Mcrimmon had nothing on him that I could see so it was not like someone dumped a whole beer on him. Yeo was the one that made an incident of it as he started a verbal fight with the fans and then Mcrimmon got invloved. If the fan even threw one drop of beer on anybody he is and idiot and it should never happen.
The Wheaties also turned out the lights on the Canes practice and came on the ice in the middle of it and removed the nets. When asked what they were doing they told the Canes "orders from the wheaties office, your time is up".............very petty, but hey you guys are done so we don't have to put up with that nonsense...............so see ya next year!!!!!!

WorkHorse
04-01-2008, 02:14 PM
There was no pop bottle incident. Bottles and cans are not allowed in the rink. Everything is served in plastic cups and I was at that game on that side of the ice and there was no "pop bottle" incident.

Sorry but I saw numerous people with plastic pop bottles in and around the rink, whether they brought them with them who knows. And it was a player that told me about having one tossed over the glass onto the bench along with other garbage.

WorkHorse
04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
The Wheaties also turned out the lights on the Canes practice and came on the ice in the middle of it and removed the nets. When asked what they were doing they told the Canes "orders from the wheaties office, your time is up".............very petty, but hey you guys are done so we don't have to put up with that nonsense...............so see ya next year!!!!!!

Your right it does sound petty. Wonder how Kootney will like the early early morning practice ice in Lethbridge? Also, petty.

dagley
04-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Because we all know we would take the effort to not fill up water bottles for the Canes when their trainer could have done it if it were true.

wheat_city96
04-01-2008, 04:47 PM
if i were kelly i wouldnt of stayed to shake hands either, getting beer thrown at him? grow up, this just shows that lethbridge isnt used to being successful, winning one round must be HUGE for you guys. The beer incident really ticks me off, im suprised yeo didnt grab a hold of whoever did it and beat him to the ground. Next year when lethbridge is in town il remember to toss a few beers on dycks head.

WHEATMAN
04-01-2008, 05:36 PM
if i were kelly i wouldnt of stayed to shake hands either, getting beer thrown at him? grow up, this just shows that lethbridge isnt used to being successful, winning one round must be HUGE for you guys. The beer incident really ticks me off, im suprised yeo didnt grab a hold of whoever did it and beat him to the ground. Next year when lethbridge is in town il remember to toss a few beers on dycks head.

That is a bull***t excuse if I have ever heard one. I don't care who you are, you should always shake hands after the series. Regardless of what happens, nothing can make up for the fact that it was classless on McCrimmon's part. As for you saying you will throw beer's at Dyck, I think you are the one that needs to grow up.

wheat_city96
04-01-2008, 05:55 PM
That is a bull***t excuse if I have ever heard one. I don't care who you are, you should always shake hands after the series. Regardless of what happens, nothing can make up for the fact that it was classless on McCrimmon's part. As for you saying you will throw beer's at Dyck, I think you are the one that needs to grow up.

haha settle down i was just trying to stir things up and heat up some cane fans i thought it would be funny.

grainbear
04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Brandon forced us to play at a higher level , they are a good team coached by a very good coach.None of us arm chair quarter backs no why and lets leave it at that. We won bring on the ICE

loudi94
04-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Sorry but I saw numerous people with plastic pop bottles in and around the rink, whether they brought them with them who knows. And it was a player that told me about having one tossed over the glass onto the bench along with other garbage.
Absolutely there are plastic bottles sold at the rink. The vending machines have them as well as the concession. I've seen plenty of beer cans there too. It's not like security is tight.

shushu
04-01-2008, 07:23 PM
.None of us arm chair quarter backs no why and lets leave it at that.
i'm just not telling anyone.................... vci34

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Can anyone say ...............poor loser. One idiot in the stands has nothing to do with the game. Amazing that you would taint the entire City of lethbridge and its 80,000 people because of one drunk. I guess that means since Kelly showed poor judgement, everyone and anyone who is in or even near Brandon are idiots...........c'mon dude. :turkey:

hurricaneflag7
04-02-2008, 11:45 AM
No kidding every city has that one or more fan who does that. Even the nhl has them......so get over it and go golfing brandon......you lost we won....face it. :confused:

sbtatter
04-02-2008, 04:22 PM
No kidding every city has that one or more fan who does that. Even the nhl has them......so get over it and go golfing brandon......you lost we won....face it. :confused:We can't golf, it's still snow covered here!!!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Absolutely there are plastic bottles sold at the rink. The vending machines have them as well as the concession. I've seen plenty of beer cans there too. It's not like security is tight.
OMG..............one little plastic bottle might have been tossed...........give me break and go away wheaties fans. vci22

hurricaneflag7
04-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Well then they should go to Florida or LA like HR said......as long as we dont have to here their whining anymore. vc119

wheat_city96
04-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Well then they should go to Florida or LA like HR said......as long as we dont have to here their whining anymore. vc119

no one is whining we are just having a good time heating you guys up its all fun and games relax your team won!! congrats!! your moving on to the second round!!..for the first time in 30 years!!! :thumb:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Hugely laffin out loud....................or lol as the kids say. pbj

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-02-2008, 10:53 PM
No kidding every city has that one or more fan who does that. Even the nhl has them......so get over it and go golfing brandon......you lost we won....face it. :confused:
Oh Ya, you be correct HF7. :bounce:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-02-2008, 10:55 PM
no one is whining we are just having a good time heating you guys up its all fun and games relax your team won!! congrats!! your moving on to the second round!!..for the first time in 30 years!!! :thumb:
Get a grip w_c 96................it's only been 29 years *****. punk rock