PDA

View Full Version : One last TADAA!!! for Tadaa

nivek_wahs
03-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Last week WHLFans.ca lost a fellow poster known as Tadaa, his real name was Dan Matheson and was a Pats season ticket holder. His life came to a tragic end one week ago. I had really only known Dan for the last 3 years or so. We would get into many a debate about Brent "Let's Make A Deal" Parker (as he would call him), the Pats' goaltending, the officiating and the WHL. He started on WHLFAns as "truelevilindfan" just as a joke. Recently (not sure when exactly) he switched his name to Tadaa. After every Pats goal was being announced there was a group of people in our section led by him would yell "TADAA!!!!" after each players name was announced. He (as well as "vote4arealclown") would always try to get the section to chant "Start the bus!" and had quite a bit of success.

Dan was always happy and always had a smile on his face. He will be and is missed by his family and friends.

http://www.legacy.com/can-regina/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=106130875

Daniel Matheson

MATHESON - On Wednesday, March 19, 2008 Daniel Stewart Matheson tragically died at the age of 41. He will be deeply missed by mom and dad (Wanda and Bill), his special Aunty Wilma, his sister Brenda (Darren) and his extra special niece and nephews, Stephanie, Travis and Tyson. He is survived by his cousins Norma, Tracy (Holly), Donald Bruce (Christina) and their sons Andrew, Brandon and Christopher, Wendy (Don) Pecho and Andrea. Danny was born and raised in Regina. He attended Campbell Collegiate and then earned his teaching degree from the University of Regina. He loved games and sports. His two greatest passions were piping and poker. He will be remembered fondly by everyone who knew him. He was always there to help anyone in need. Danny, we love you and we will always miss you. A visitation for family and friends will be held on Thursday, March 27th from 7:00 8:00 p.m. in Speers Funeral Chapel, 2136 College Avenue, Regina. Funeral Service will be held on Friday, March 28th at 10:00 a.m. in Lakeview United Church, 3200 McCallum Avenue, Regina with Rev. Ronald H. Sutton and Elder Dale Williams officiating. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of choice. An online book of condolences may be signed at www.speersfuneralchapel.com

Like I said earlier...

TADAA!!!!!

Rest In Peace, Dan.

Kevin

P.S: Many people in our section (118) plan to carry on with the "TADAA!!!" tradition in honour of Dan.

Bran
03-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Wow. Rest in peace.

I didn't know the story behind his name...how cool. Wouldn't it be neat if more people knew about it and it turned into a nice little tradition? I sit in the next section and had no idea. (Though I did hear it a couple oftimes! I had to laugh, but couldn't figure it out for the life of me.) And what a legacy that would be.

caesar24
04-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I knew Dan a bit and saw him at quite a few hockey games as well as poker a year ago...so I forwarded your post on to Rod Pederson about saying something about him at the game, and here was his response..
7:51 AM

Rod Pedersen said...
CAESAR THAT IS AN OUTSTANDING IDEA! I'll even say it on the radio after goals.

BTW, email me at sportsline@620ckrm.com regarding Sunday night.

RP