PDA

View Full Version : Team Comparisons

Scout
03-26-2008, 05:24 PM
This is open to debate but which team is better at what position:

Goaltending:

I give it to the Broncos. Yonkman has stood on his head without very little support. He wanted his chance this year to be # 1 and he proved he can be. I also say the Broncos have better goaltending because Guggenberger is a better backup.

Defence:

Regina hands down. The Pats D last night blocked more shots than Rowat that is one of the main reasons i gave Yonks goaltending. The Pats D stayed for the most part in their end and took care of it. They dropped and blocked countless shots and were always in our forwards faces. They also made sure the front of the net was clear so Rowat had a clear view.

Offence:

Broncos all the way. The Pats with the exception of Weal ( that kid has speed ) couldn't contain the Bronco forwards and numerous times blew past your forwards only to be stopped by your D.

Checking:

I never saw what happened in Regina but last night the Broncos and Pats went hit for hit and never backed down. It was very entertaining and both clubs threw the body around.

Fans:

Its a friggin tie so i don't have to be attacked by either team. lol.

These teams are very evenly matched and the closeness of the games is proving it. Watt i must say, besides the diving and trying to draw penalties, played a very clean game. Heres hoping this goes to 7.

Scout

Broncs in RD
03-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Goaltending I gotta give a slight edge to the Pats, Ya Yonkman has been great and made some huge saves, but has let some soft game winners in.
Rowat has played just as good and has got 2 wins to show for it.

Defense: Beginning of the series I might have given it to the Broncos, but now Not even close Pats.

Forwards(5v5) Broncos by a landslide, if it were 60 minutes of 5v5 we would win hands down. And if the queen had balls we would call her a king.

Special teams PATS by a landslide.

Checking:?

Intensity, Heart, Determination: PATS

minirep
03-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Sounds like Brons in RD is cheering for the Pats now!!! LOL vci33

Big Ern
03-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Goaltending I gotta give a slight edge to the Pats, Ya Yonkman has been great and made some huge saves, but has let some soft game winners in.
Rowat has played just as good and has got 2 wins to show for it.

Defense: Beginning of the series I might have given it to the Broncos, but now Not even close Pats.

Forwards(5v5) Broncos by a landslide, if it were 60 minutes of 5v5 we would win hands down. And if the queen had balls we would call her a king.

Special teams PATS by a landslide.

Checking:?

Intensity, Heart, Determination: PATS

It'll be a long time before I figure out what exactly the hell you mean with this.

Very confusing.

Flathead
03-27-2008, 12:08 AM
After game four the Broncos have outscored the Pats 10-4 while playing 5 on 5. I know it's hard sometimes but if we stay disiplined and keep it at 5 on 5 I believe the series is ours.

Broncs in RD
03-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Well Ern I posted that before last nights game and let me tell you why. The Pats are killing us on special teams on our PP you can see them diving sliding and blocking shots and blocking passing lanes. 5 on 5 we have momentum then we get a PP and we totally lose it and after the kills the Pats find ways to turn it up. on our PK well the Pats have 9 (i think) PP goals and they found a way to win the night before in OT.

After saying that last night the tides turned a bit we showed HEART and Resiliency.

On the PP I wish we could get more pucks through fake a shot get the Pats moving or move laterally. Watch Dion Phaneuf he is great at it.

Yonks, outstanding after the first 3 goals, that third one was real weak on all parts.
Dans was amazing and has moves like no one else. Wudrick well he sure stepped it up. Good job.

sbtatter
03-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Dans was amazing and has moves like no one else. Wudrick well he sure stepped it up. Good job.
Danserau is unbelievable when he puts his heart into playing.
Wudrick and Tassone appear to have really improved this season...
Before the playoffs who would you guys have said was the best goalie in the east playoffs? And has your opinion changed as the playoffs have moved along?