PDA

View Full Version : Review

Tiger Trauma
03-29-2008, 12:10 AM
First off, BIG thanks to Daine TOdd, and Jerrid Sauer for working so hard for the tigers the last couple years, and creating many cheers over the years.

Todd coming back to play a big role, after being unable to play last year. Sauer for being THE unsung hero of the tigers for every year he's been here.
Good luck to Yashar Farmanara who graduates this year, and tries to move on to bigger and better things.

I think the Tigers did alright for the player turnover we had from last year.

93 points after graduating star players
Kris russel(nhl), Gord Baldwin(echl), Derek Dorsett(ahl), Matt Keetley(ahl), Darren Helm(ahl), Chris Stevens(echl), David Schlemko(chl), Micheal Sauer(ahl). 3 of which have played in the nhl this year.

Also traded or departed were, Matt lowry, scott wasden, Tyler swystun, kevin undershute, Jakub RUmpel, Trevor glass.
Thats 14 total players who were every day players.

Theirs not a doubt in my mind that if phoenix had sent David Schlemko back to the tigers, it would have been us at the top of the conference. If Schlemko came back we'd end up keeping glass, and bang suddenly our defence gets 100% better.

It is unfortunate that we had 2 key players injured for this series. Colton grant and bretton cameron were 2 big parts of the hockey team. Both had sort of freak injuries. Cameron with appendicitis, and Colton Grant getting rammed into the penalty box glass right when the door opened, during the last game of the season.

Tonight the Tigers were beat by a very smart/efficient hockey team. Nobody expected this series to be over in 5 games. Their special teams play was excellent and their players all adapted to thier systems play. Their trap was really hard to break through and had the Tigers pinned in their zone many times. Every game of this series Kootenay had a 5on 3 advantage. Their ability to pick apart the tigers transition game and strong goaltending won them the series.

My top 3 playoff performers
1. Wacey Hamilton
2. Sean Ringrose
3. Ryan Holfeld
Honorable mention TO Brennan Bosch

My Top 3 Season Performers
1. Tyler Ennis
2. Jerrid Sauer
3. Brennan Bosch

Top 3 most improved players
1. Wacey Hamilton
2. Ryan Holfeld
3. Bretton Cameron
honorable mention to colton grant

Top 3 unsung heroes
1. Jerrid Sauer
2. Bretton Cameron
3. Sean Ringrose

longtimejrfan
03-29-2008, 08:19 AM
In mentioning the most improved players I don't see how you can leave Ryan Holfeld off that list. In my mind he was the main reason the team had the second half they had.

Tiger Trauma
03-29-2008, 03:52 PM
oh your right i totally forgot about the goaltenders doing that list:(. Ill change it asap