PDA

View Full Version : 3-2 Overtime Win!!

Shinyshoes
03-30-2005, 10:06 AM
I cant believe there isnt already a thread going for the game last night, after all that happened, so I guess I'll Start it!

1) Brandon Sutter - First Ever WHL goal, and it comes in the playoffs. I dont care if it wasnt a lazer to the top corner on a breakaway. Throw the puck on the net and see what happens. Way to go Brandon, I Hope it is the first of MANY MANY MANY more to come.

2) How the hell did the overtime goal go in?? Dont get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I think that puck should have stayed out. Granted, I was at the Far end of the Ice, and was working on my 4th beer, but just the same....

3) Weird momentum to that game. There was no happy medium. All rebels pressure, or all tigers pressure. I was thanking the hockey gods that we got out of the first all even at 1, and then the boys started to play a bit better.

4) Playoff hats wont be ready for this round....anyone have a quick fix Idea for me?

5) Nastiuk a father and Barker in the Drunk tank?? Somebody confirm my rumors!!

Nature Boy
03-30-2005, 10:31 AM
I thought that Sutter's goal was great it gave red deer some momentum. It was just like the old saying throw it at the net and you never know what will happen. I am in the same situation Shiny. I was in section T and all I saw was a battle behind the net and then the red light go on. It was great though because if overtime had gone on any longer I think that Medicine Hat would have won. The momentum changes were wierd it was back and forth and who ever scored had the momentum. What are you talking about Shiny with Barker in the drunk tank. I also heard that Nastiuk is a father (but don't quote me on that.) What are these playoff hats that you speak of Shiny?

grumphy
03-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Had to listen to the game via Rids, but it sounded like two bad bounces=down 2-1 in games :( We are due for a couple of those bounces, hopefully they come tonight.
This is going to be a very tough series, great for the fans, but hard on the teams

Red celtic
03-30-2005, 11:19 AM
The hockey gods were helping us out last night but on the other hand Med Hats first goal was rather weak Leslie should have had it. Did anyone see Neizners hit on Russel the kid was down for a long time? I was watching the scrum behind the net. When I talked with Chris he said that he got him the shoulder in the mouth and that he went down hard.

Shinyshoes
03-30-2005, 11:21 AM
What are you talking about Shiny with Barker in the drunk tank.A Rumor (quite true from what i have seen) that was going around in the hat that Barker went out the night before game 1 and got tossed in the drunk tank. Apparently that is why he was a scratch for game 1.
I also heard that Nastiuk is a father (but don't quote me on that.) What are these playoff hats that you speak of Shiny?Every Year me and the other boys in section "n" come up with some sort of playoff hats. The ones we had planned for this year wont be ready....so we need a new idea that can be executed quickly. any thoughts?

RDRebelsfan
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
good game last night! Good effort by the Rebs and let's hope that they can have the 3-1 advantage and be ready to pull the noose on the Tigers.