PDA

View Full Version : congrats on a great season.........

shushu
03-30-2008, 10:09 PM
your wheaties will be a force next year.................. applause

WHEATMAN
03-30-2008, 10:13 PM

Thanks, we have alot to look forward to, but so do the Canes, best of luck. applause

sbtatter
03-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Very classey, i hope your prediction is correct! Good fast series, wish we were moving on, but good luck to you

dagley
03-30-2008, 10:32 PM
This season was so special, especially to me. This team was predicted to do absolutely nothing this year and losing the players we did such as Burki, Kohn, Reaves, ect I thought we would be in for a decent season, .500 hockey. This team will absolutely be a dominant force next season and should hit the century mark in points. I'm a little disappointed that I won't get to sit in the same seat I've occupied for 8 seasons now another time this season, but September is just around the corner. I cannot wait to see Schenn, Calvert and Glennie next year and hope a few of them add a few inches and pounds onto their already solid frames. I can't wait to see how Caliguri plays next season, can't wait to see the new youngsters like Regier and DePape and especially can't wait till the 2009 WHL playoffs. Best wishes to Lethbridge.

A special thank you to Dittmer, Boyle and Yeo for their entire careers as Wheat Kings. You guys had your ups and downs, especially you Dittmer but your productivity on the ice during the regular season will not be unforgotten. Boyle you were so solid this season, you were our captain and leader and only wish the best for you in perusing your NHL dreams. BIG THANKS to Theran after a tough season which saw him miss a majority of the season with his knee, and having surgery twice. It was great to see your season end on the ice rather than in the stands. Best wishes to you three, you all deserve a standing ovation for helping this team achieve what it did this year. It will suit the organization well that you all helped this team grow, help the rookies and prepare this team for the seasons ahead, good job.

Bocephus
03-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Just curious. Have either of them woken up yet? Boogaard'd

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Can one of you Brandon fans do a team breakdown for next year. Who is back, who is gone etc. Interested to know if Schenn and his linemates are all you have coming back or are a lot of the other better players young also. What is defence and goaltending situation? Someone on the Pat's site did a good one of these forecasts. They feel you and they will compete for first. What about S'toon?

GlutenGlutton
03-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Very good depth next year, likely a team that can roll 4 lines from day 1.

Likely returnees:

Schenn-Glennie-Calvert (look out)
Clark-Lowry-Fehr (our best second line in a long time)
Green-Jeffries-Cowan (rookies may have chance to play here or King with a good summer, but Jeffries and Cowan are ideal for checking line)
King-Hale?

Aulie - Robak
Erb - Melnychuk
Grill-Donovan

Caligiuri
Hayes

Rookies:

Forward: Depape, Stone (word is both are blue chip), Regier, 1-2 more spots.

Defense: 3 open spots. Import?

Goal: Hildebrand (if buzz is true, could push for starter soon)

Could be a big trade. 7 forwards all deserving to be on a scoring line, Hildebrand definitely makes it in goal, defense has lost a lot of sandpaper and has no proven quarterback.