PDA

View Full Version : **Official Round Two vs. Kootenay Thread

O&C
03-31-2008, 01:01 AM
I whipped this up really quickly but i hope you like it. If its a hit ill keep it up but much bigger and possibly with Photoshop instead of paint :laugh:

Anyhow, should be a VERY interesting series. Kootney destroyed us all year but when we did win, we owned. I think if the Canes play their game they can handle Kooteny as well as any other team. But if they dont focus the Ice will definatly get the better of them with stellar goaltending from Lazuruk and a solid offence in both Sylvester, Jaquamae, and Maxwell.
I believe!!

Go Canes!!

shushu
03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
I whipped this up really quickly but i hope you like it. If its a hit ill keep it up but much bigger and possibly with Photoshop instead of paint :laugh:

Anyhow, should be a VERY interesting series. Kootney destroyed us all year but when we did win, we owned. I think if the Canes play their game they can handle Kooteny as well as any other team. But if they dont focus the Ice will definatly get the better of them with stellar goaltending from Lazuruk and a solid offence in both Sylvester, Jaquamae, and Maxwell.
I believe!!

Go Canes!!
but the real world isn't on paper, and the playoff are not the regular season.... so ANYTHING can happen,going to be a good series.....GO CANES GO................

Rammer
03-31-2008, 08:21 PM
As we have seen from the first round, predictions are going to be difficult as most teams were merely 5 points difference in the final standings. This series is no different in that aspect, with a mere 4 points separating the two clubs. Lets hope for some quality games on the ice (that word is difficult not to capitalize :D ) for the home town fans to relish.

That being said, Go Ice Go!. applause

604flames
03-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Don't forget DaSilva up front for us, and Bailey's no slouch.

That said, here's to a great series 'Canes fans, and let's all hope that the winner gets Swift in the next round!

Go Ice Go!

localguy
03-31-2008, 10:29 PM

That said, here's to a great series 'Canes fans, and let's all hope that the winner gets Swift in the next round!

Go Ice Go!

We'll take Calgary in the Eastern final, or whoever, it really doesn;t make a difference.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
04-01-2008, 12:52 AM

Go Ice Go!

Be careful what you wish for. Go Broncos Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O&C
04-01-2008, 08:12 AM

Haha! Let me go on record as wishing for Calgary....

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-01-2008, 12:53 PM
OK, are the Canes gonna beat the Ice? Yes, 4 games to 3 with each team winning one on the road. Get ready for a home ice win in a fantastic game 7!!!!!!!!!!
Statiscally we match up or beat them every which way.............except of course in victories. Some people say the regular season means nothing but in this case the 5-1 advantage Ice really does mean nothing. We outplayed them in many of the games but for numerous reasons we did not win. Remember the first game..............we were up 4-0 and the Canes totally quit playing, and they came back to win 5-4. We lost the 4th game (New Years eve) badly and some say it was our worst played game of the year. We had just come off 2 huge games against Calgary (having pounded them in the second game) and maybe were happy with ourselves; and after all it was New Years eve. We lost 4 games by 1 goal so those were very close. The Hurricanes outshot them in almost every game but Lazaruk outplayed Manny by a lot. The last 2 games we had Juha in net and outplayed them by quite a bit in both. Those last 2 games are more indicitave of what the Canes can and will bring in the playoffs. The shots in the last 2 games were 71-45 Canes and the goal tally was 8-3 Canes.
THE MAIN REASON WE WERE 1-5 IS BOYCHUK AND SBISA DID NOT PLAY IN 3 OF THE GAMES (World Juniors) AND NIETHER DID METSOLA PLAY IN THOSE GAMES. Arguably those 3 players were our top players against the Wheat Kings in the playoffs and as such will make the difference in this series. Yes the Ice have Maxwell back but I'll take our 3 against their 1 player, of those that missed a lot of games against each other.

SEASON SERIES 5-1 KOOTENAY

09-28 = Kootenay 5 at Lethbridge 4
12-14 = Kootenay 4 at Lethbridge 3
12-15 = Lethbridge 3 at Kootenay 4
12-31 = Lethbridge 2 at Kootenay 5
02-12 = Kootenay 1 at Lethbridge 7
03-12 = Lethbridge 1 at Kootenay 2

GOALS = ICE 21 CANES 20

SHOTS = CANES 199 ICE 164

GP G A PTS PIM +/-
Mitch Fadden 6 5 4 9 12 +2
Dwight King 6 4 5 9 2 +3
Zach Boychuk 3 2 4 6 8 +2
Nicholas Hotson 5 2 4 6 0 +3
Jeff May 2 0 4 4 5 E
Colton Sceviour 5 3 0 3 6 +3
Cam Braes 6 2 1 3 2 -2
Carter Bancks 6 1 2 3 0 +1
Jesse Craige 4 0 3 3 0 -2
Ben Wright 6 0 3 3 4 E
Mike Wuchterl 5 1 1 2 30 -1
Luca Sbisa 3 0 2 2 5 E
Lucas Alexiuk 4 0 1 1 17 +1
Mitch Versteeg 5 0 1 1 17 E
Craig Orfino 6 0 1 1 0 -2
Brennan Yadlowski 4 0 0 0 4 +1
Paul MacDonald 4 0 0 0 4 0 -2
Luke Wiens 4 0 0 0 2 0
Carter Ashton 4 0 0 0 0 0
Adam Chorneyko 5 0 0 0 19 -5
Dan Iwanski 6 0 0 0 4 -3
Cam Stevens 1 0 0 0 6 N/A
Jacob Dietrich 1 0 0 0 2 -1
Nick Dietrich 1 0 0 0 2 -1
Travis Bobbee 1 0 0 0 2 E
Yashar Farmanara 1 0 0 0 2 -1
Brock Sutherland 1 0 0 0 0 N/A
Ryan Kerr 1 0 0 0 0 E

--------------------------------------------------------------

GP Min GA W L OTL GAA SV%
Metsola 2 119 3 1 1 0 1.51 0.933
Maniago 4 235 18 0 4 0 4.59 0.849

GOALS FOR/AGAINST:
WITH MANNY IN NET = ICE 18 CANES 12
WITH JUHA IN NET = CANES 8 ICE 3

GAMES WITH BOYCHUK and SBISA
SHOTS = CANES 109 ICE 81
GOALS = CANES 12 ICE 8

GAMES WITHOUT BOYCHUK and SBISA
SHOTS = CANES 90 ICE 83
GOALS = ICE 13 CANES 8

SHOTS AT HOME
CANES 107 ICE 87

SHOTS ON ROAD
CANES 92 ICE 77

GOALS AT HOME
CANES 14 ICE 10

GOALS ON ROAD
ICE 11 CANES 6

CANES OUTSHOT OR TIED IN SHOTS WITH THE ICE IN 5 OF 6 GAMES AND OUTSHOT THEM 71 - 45 IN LAST 2 GAMES.

OVERALL CANES AVERAGED 33 SHOTS/GAMES AGAINST THE ICE.

604flames
04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
I'll take the lesser of two evils, considering Calgary OWNED the Ice this year. That said, bit of business to take care of in the wind tunnel first, can't overlook Lethbridge at all.

hurricaneflag7
04-02-2008, 11:49 AM
but the real world isn't on paper, and the playoff are not the regular season.... so ANYTHING can happen,going to be a good series.....GO CANES GO................

Right on shushu....your exactly right, the regular season has nothing to do with the playoffs. :clap:

O&C
04-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Right on shushu....your exactly right, the regular season has nothing to do with the playoffs. :clap:

Welcome to the boards Hurricaneflag!!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the boards Hurricaneflag!!
The more the merrier. Have fun and spew your inner most thoughts...lol yeehoo

Rammer
04-03-2008, 11:55 AM
OK, are the Canes gonna beat the Ice? Yes, 4 games to 3 with each team winning one on the road. Get ready for a home ice win in a fantastic game 7!!!!!!!!!!
Statiscally we match up or beat them every which way.............except of course in victories. Some people say the regular season means nothing but in this case the 5-1 advantage Ice really does mean nothing. We outplayed them in many of the games but for numerous reasons we did not win. Remember the first game..............we were up 4-0 and the Canes totally quit playing, and they came back to win 5-4. We lost the 4th game (New Years eve) badly and some say it was our worst played game of the year. We had just come off 2 huge games against Calgary (having pounded them in the second game) and maybe were happy with ourselves; and after all it was New Years eve. We lost 4 games by 1 goal so those were very close. The Hurricanes outshot them in almost every game but Lazaruk outplayed Manny by a lot. The last 2 games we had Juha in net and outplayed them by quite a bit in both. Those last 2 games are more indicitave of what the Canes can and will bring in the playoffs. The shots in the last 2 games were 71-45 Canes and the goal tally was 8-3 Canes.
THE MAIN REASON WE WERE 1-5 IS BOYCHUK AND SBISA DID NOT PLAY IN 3 OF THE GAMES (World Juniors) AND NIETHER DID METSOLA PLAY IN THOSE GAMES. Arguably those 3 players were our top players against the Wheat Kings in the playoffs and as such will make the difference in this series. Yes the Ice have Maxwell back but I'll take our 3 against their 1 player, of those that missed a lot of games against each other.

SEASON SERIES 5-1 KOOTENAY

09-28 = Kootenay 5 at Lethbridge 4
12-14 = Kootenay 4 at Lethbridge 3
12-15 = Lethbridge 3 at Kootenay 4
12-31 = Lethbridge 2 at Kootenay 5
02-12 = Kootenay 1 at Lethbridge 7
03-12 = Lethbridge 1 at Kootenay 2

GOALS = ICE 21 CANES 20

SHOTS = CANES 199 ICE 164

GP G A PTS PIM +/-
Mitch Fadden 6 5 4 9 12 +2
Dwight King 6 4 5 9 2 +3
Zach Boychuk 3 2 4 6 8 +2
Nicholas Hotson 5 2 4 6 0 +3
Jeff May 2 0 4 4 5 E
Colton Sceviour 5 3 0 3 6 +3
Cam Braes 6 2 1 3 2 -2
Carter Bancks 6 1 2 3 0 +1
Jesse Craige 4 0 3 3 0 -2
Ben Wright 6 0 3 3 4 E
Mike Wuchterl 5 1 1 2 30 -1
Luca Sbisa 3 0 2 2 5 E
Lucas Alexiuk 4 0 1 1 17 +1
Mitch Versteeg 5 0 1 1 17 E
Craig Orfino 6 0 1 1 0 -2
Brennan Yadlowski 4 0 0 0 4 +1
Paul MacDonald 4 0 0 0 4 0 -2
Luke Wiens 4 0 0 0 2 0
Carter Ashton 4 0 0 0 0 0
Adam Chorneyko 5 0 0 0 19 -5
Dan Iwanski 6 0 0 0 4 -3
Cam Stevens 1 0 0 0 6 N/A
Jacob Dietrich 1 0 0 0 2 -1
Nick Dietrich 1 0 0 0 2 -1
Travis Bobbee 1 0 0 0 2 E
Yashar Farmanara 1 0 0 0 2 -1
Brock Sutherland 1 0 0 0 0 N/A
Ryan Kerr 1 0 0 0 0 E

GP Min GA W L OTL GAA SV%
Metsola 2 119 3 1 1 0 1.51 0.933
Maniago 4 235 18 0 4 0 4.59 0.849

GOALS FOR/AGAINST:
WITH MANNY IN NET = ICE 18 CANES 12
WITH JUHA IN NET = CANES 8 ICE 3

GAMES WITH BOYCHUK and SBISA
SHOTS = CANES 109 ICE 81
GOALS = CANES 12 ICE 8

GAMES WITHOUT BOYCHUK and SBISA
SHOTS = CANES 90 ICE 83
GOALS = ICE 13 CANES 8

SHOTS AT HOME
CANES 107 ICE 87

SHOTS ON ROAD
CANES 92 ICE 77

GOALS AT HOME
CANES 14 ICE 10

GOALS ON ROAD
ICE 11 CANES 6

CANES OUTSHOT OR TIED IN SHOTS WITH THE ICE IN 5 OF 6 GAMES AND OUTSHOT THEM 71 - 45 IN LAST 2 GAMES.

OVERALL CANES AVERAGED 33 SHOTS/GAMES AGAINST THE ICE.

Doesn't that statistic kind of make the others moot points?

As for displaying the differences between games with some player injuries and where they are healthy, you do know the Ice just got back to health as well...

Finally, the shots on goal generally fall in favour of the team that is trailing in a game, as they have to pull out all the stops in order to try and get the W. On thing I am sure about, I am happier now than I was before reading your stats, because having that kind of success in the regular season meetings, shows that the Ice are affective against the Canes system.

hurricaneflag7
04-04-2008, 10:05 AM
The more the merrier. Have fun and spew your inner most thoughts...lol yeehoo

Okay I will.....Thanks ;)

hurricaneflag7
04-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Let all Hurricane fans be with their team right to the end.......remember last time the hurricanes came by the second round they almost won the memorial cup........i know that is history but we can still cheer them on and BELIEVE.
punk rock :clap: yeehoo

O&C
04-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Yah Baby!! Its GAME day!! 3 more hours to puck drop! Lets fill the Enmax up to the rafters and make a ton of noise! And here is to hoping for more playoff towels!! vci34

GO CANES!! yeehoo

hurricaneflag7
04-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Yah Baby!! Its GAME day!! 3 more hours to puck drop! Lets fill the Enmax up to the rafters and make a ton of noise! And here is to hoping for more playoff towels!! vci34

GO CANES!! yeehoo

You got it man.

GOOOOOOO!!!! Canes!!!! GOOOOOOO!!!! :groovy:

vci33 Lets pound them to the ice.
yeehoo

canes77
04-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Versteeg is suspended for Game 1 because of his low hit on McCue's knee last Sunday.

It looked a bit low at the time, although no penalty was called by either ref...oh well, either Yadlowski or Alexiuk will get a chance to play tonite.

O&C
04-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Damn was that ever a frustrating game to watch! I was extremely disappointed in half of the club. It was like they half of them were sitting at home watching the game on tv! Boychuck was horrible to the worst possible extent tonight. Absolutely ZERO hustle from him. And in the dieing moments of the game when they needed to pressure they looked like they just wanted to get home and watch some OC reruns or something! What happened to the energy and passion in the first series Canes?! Were was the physical game? The speed? At least half of the team was just along for the ride with the only true exception in my mind being Hotson who was great all night long as well as Craig who seemed more interested in hustling than most forwards did.

Once again we screw up a lead against Kooteny, and more power to them for the come back. That being said, if the Canes do decide to show up, this game and tomorrow nights could be a VERY different story. And what is up with the fair weathered fans in Lethbridge. I had a woman sitting behind me who so excited until we got behind and then it all came out, "WHY did we even buy tickets to this game!! Lets go right now!". And with five minutes left they walked out of the building! Overall, exteremly disappointed in the boys! Were they horrible? No, but they only played a FRACTION of what i know they can and that speaks louder to me about their character than anything else.

Ill be there loud and proud once again tomorrow but unless the boys come out ready to do the same, this series will be over in a hurry.

Go Canes!

grainbear
04-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Very good analysis, As much as the top line brings to us, they were not in the same rink. Get used to the trap and fight through the zonal interference. Kootenay does tie up the center zone with their trap. Hail mary passes don,t work here and we need to win the individual battles not only in our own zone and theirs but at center ice.Our best line was our worst line tonight, 5 on 5 . But this team has been learning all season and unfortunatly they received another installment tonight.Let,s have some more execution Saturday night . The physical play of Versteeg will help tommorow .I for one am getting fed up when the league review plays after the fact, Mr. referee in chief let your officials do their jobs.Who the ****** needs you to rule after the fact. If the officials can,t do their jobs on the ice get someone who will and stop penalizing players when a call is missed.It was a two man system and both ruled the hit legal . Yet you after listening to some one cry about it watched it maybe5 times and decided well maybe it was a low hit , well maybe it was not. When your cameras are up in the rafters any hit is going to look lower than it was. No one wants someone to get hurt but injuries do occur in sports and this suspension was not appropriate for Versteeg or anyone else

localguy
04-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Coaching. Why is our third line getting so much ice? They can not control the play, or keep the puck out of our zone. I don;t want to see two rookies on our power play, or getting all that ice, and doing nothing with it. Our fourth line needs to play. When they are out there (which isn't nearly enough), they play physical, create chances, and work, why don;t we use them? They came out and scored the first goal in game 6, and then they hardly play, yet with their very limited ice time, they have more have a goal. How many points do our other rookies have? I am so frustrated with seeing the same players make the same mistakes. The goal is to develope all your players, not two guys who you think might be something (but have done very little). And, May really needs to pick up his game, where are those crisp tape to tape passes? They have been replaced with lazy clears, and turn overs. Where are the 5th and 6th d-men? We were doing great when we were rolling 4 lines, and 6 d, then we revert back to 4 d-men, and 2 lines, and low and behold we blow a 2 goal lead. Not surprised at all, I have seen it happen too many times before. Hopefully that was just a jitters issue.

Tiger Trauma
04-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Damn was that ever a frustrating game to watch! I was extremely disappointed in half of the club. It was like they half of them were sitting at home watching the game on tv! Boychuck was horrible to the worst possible extent tonight. Absolutely ZERO hustle from him. And in the dieing moments of the game when they needed to pressure they looked like they just wanted to get home and watch some OC reruns or something! What happened to the energy and passion in the first series Canes?! Were was the physical game? The speed? At least half of the team was just along for the ride with the only true exception in my mind being Hotson who was great all night long as well as Craig who seemed more interested in hustling than most forwards did.
Go Canes!

Your quote echo's my sentiments I felt, after watching the tigers loose to Kootenay in game1 in the first round.

Kootenay is playing the trap really well. They support each other so well that it makes it really difficult to get clean rushes up the ice.

What the tigers tried to do was rifle passes up the boards to a winger playing high who would chip it in to kootenay's end, to try to stretch the trap out.

IT worked not bad, but it also led to alot of icings. Kootenay still made life difficult cause they had three guys down low putting pressure on the 2 Dmen and center.

THey really try to limit the gap control and it works well with them, as they are smart with the puck, and rarely get caught out of position.

O&C
04-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Your quote echo's my sentiments I felt, after watching the tigers loose to Kootenay in game1 in the first round.

Kootenay is playing the trap really well. They support each other so well that it makes it really difficult to get clean rushes up the ice.

What the tigers tried to do was rifle passes up the boards to a winger playing high who would chip it in to kootenay's end, to try to stretch the trap out.

IT worked not bad, but it also led to alot of icings. Kootenay still made life difficult cause they had three guys down low putting pressure on the 2 Dmen and center.

THey really try to limit the gap control and it works well with them, as they are smart with the puck, and rarely get caught out of position.

What you described is almost exactly what we seen last night from the Ice. There forcheck and neutral zone pressure was outstanding and really shut down the Canes. A big part of that was the fact that our best players were are worst players last night and the two goals we did score came off of the rush. Guys like Boychuck and Scievouir didnt seem the least bit interested in skating at all. But like you said, we either took icings trying to clear our zone, or we coughed the puck over at our line.

No offence, but if the Canes cant ajust to this, they are going to end up like the tigers very quickly. And the reason that Dyk is playing the third line so much Local Guy is because the first line was absolutly brutal last night. There were times where Zach could have taken two more strides and done somthing with the puck but decided to... skate to the bench half of the time. And the number of halfassed clearing attempts in the third after we went DOWN 3-2 boggled my mind.

Go Canes!!

localguy
04-05-2008, 10:11 AM
And the reason that Dyk is playing the third line so much Local Guy is because the first line was absolutly brutal last night.

Go Canes!!

The third line wasn't that good either, they just got knocked off the puck, and the wingers are afraid to go into the corners. Did we see the fourth line in the second half of the game? No. When you are looking for energy from somewhere, and the team is playing lousy you got to your fourth line, look what they have done when they have played. The second and fourth lines have been our most consistent pretty much all year. For whatever reason, they took two fourth line guys, moved them up to third line, with two different vets with the same results, no points or impact. I just don't get it. When we had our good games against Brandon, like game 1, and game 6, who got the team going? 4th line, fight and goal. I wouldn;t be surprised if the guys on that line don't even want come back next year, good players, but they aren't being developed. Look at last year, not one member of our fourth line are here anymore, why? They didn't develope, or have any confidence, not because they were bad, but because they never played. You can;t build your future by dressing them and letting them watch the game form the bench, then expect them to go make a big play or a big hit in the 3 shifts a game they get. I read an article on the Giants, and the reason they continue to be successful is because not matter the situation Don Hay rolls 4 lines. It's how you build team depth. He said the diference in their 1st mem cup appearance and their second, was that he didn't panic, and shorten his bench. In the second one, he played all his guys. The playoffs can be long, but if you play a short, guys get tired, and that's how things looked last night, tired. Don't get me wrong, there is a time to shorten your bench, but it's not after the first period, more like in the last 5 or 10 minutes. Our top four d-men, look tired, and they should, they are playing a lot, which causes lazy clears, and poor decsions. Give the 5 and 6 guys more shifts early in the game, so they can use the top four late. I haven't seen the bottom 2 d-men struggling, they are playing just fine, so let them. It to me shows a lack of confidence in your squad, and the players also see that, and in turn struggle. I don't want to take anything away from Kootenay, a real good team, but, also a team (coach) that let;s all their guys play, a big difference maker.

hurricaneflag7
04-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I know they played very bad tonight and did not have the effort like they had the first round......hopefully they can bounce back Saturday with a good effort and make the series even

GO! CANES! GO!

sbtatter
04-05-2008, 10:30 AM

Ha, when Kootenay came into Bdn at the end of the season this was exactly how they beat us. It felt like our guys weren't trying, but actually the system the Ice use just throttled our team and we had to resort to long stretch passes which in turn led to a lot of icings. They play a boring, but effective style! But if any team likely have the speed and skill to figure the ice out, it's the canes top 2 lines.

O&C
04-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I am very interested to see how the Canes come out tonight. Because, like Sbatter said, Kootney's style is very easy to play down to, which eventually leads to mistakes that end up in the back our your own net. One thing i did notice from last night was that the Ice would send in two forcheckers into the Canes zone and totally destroy the break out before it even happend. But because of the extra man down low, another one of our guys should be open further up the wing. I would like the see one forward hustle back and help with the break out and start skating!! If the Canes start to skate and use their speed Kooteny WILL start to take more penalties. In fact both Canes goals last night were the result of speed and forcing the Ice to take penalties.

And although i dont totally agree with you Local Guy, i would love to see more fourth line on the ice tonight. Esspecially like you said, in the first. And i never thought i would say this but i cant wait to get Versteeg back in tonights game. The Canes need to bring a physical presence once again like they did against Brandon. The team and the fans all got an energy boost after the hit on Boomer last night and i think that play's a big part in the game. Here's to a 60 minuet game from our boys!!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Boychuk, Fadden, King and May, along with a few others really need to step it up. May is not good at all either defensively or on offence. I don't know if he is hurt but he does not look anything like the guy we got in January. Don't know what was up with Boychuk, but he was invisible except for his obvious poor play. King could have played a lot better also. Paul McDonald is useless and scares me out there. Guys walk around and through him all the time. Play Yadlowski. He can't be worse than McDonald. Kudo's to Wuchteral. He is really bringing it. Chorneyko lays out Boomer and then hardly plays after that. Braes, Bancks and Iwanski et all showed a lot of effort and that line was way better than our top line, but do they have to play half the game?
The Ice play great positional defensive hockey and I think guys were getting frustrated. Amazing as it is, with all those passengers last night, we were in this game and if not for a few Lazaruk saves at timely occasions ,we could have won this. It ain't over and I'm not jumping off the bandwagon but tonight a lot needs to change.
We are no the only ones in this boat. All 4 of the higher seeded teams lost last night. How do you think the Tri-City fans feel today?

Spungy
04-05-2008, 03:57 PM
What you described is almost exactly what we seen last night from the Ice. There forcheck and neutral zone pressure was outstanding and really shut down the Canes. A big part of that was the fact that our best players were are worst players last night and the two goals we did score came off of the rush. Guys like Boychuck and Scievouir didnt seem the least bit interested in skating at all. But like you said, we either took icings trying to clear our zone, or we coughed the puck over at our line.

This is funny this is how it feels when we play the Hitmen. for me anyhow.

O&C
04-05-2008, 11:01 PM
I dont know what to say to tonights game but wow.... I am both exteremly happy with the win and sickeningly dissapointed in how it all came about. No offence to the Kooteny Ice, but when the Canes play their game, no one can stop them and i honestly believe that with all my heart. And for 43 minuets, that was exactly what we seen. We out played, husteled, shot, checked, chanced Kooteny and were definatly the better team. But all it took was a couple BAD BAD calls/miscalls by the refs and it ALL went to hell! Give the Ice a ton of credit for pulling it off, but the Canes did it to them selves/with some help from the officiating.

What this team needs to learn from this, and i meen NEED to learn, is that they cant play a defensive game. That isnt their identity and it will be their downfall if they continue to try. As soon as that defiensive mind set sets in, they stop forchecking and hustling and just let the Ice come to them. vc124 I dont know what to say other than stick to the game plan! Please, if any hurricanes are reading this, do us ALL a favour and just stick to the plan, because for the life of the team, you just simply cant play defensive oriented hockey!!!

PS. To Fadden and Scievier.... W T F were you thinking fighting!!! Awsome job for sticking up for you team-mates, but you can do a much better job of that by not fighting and being removed from a critical part of a hockey game...

loudi94
04-05-2008, 11:39 PM
PS. To Fadden and Scievier.... W T F were you thinking fighting!!! Awsome job for sticking up for you team-mates, but you can do a much better job of that by not fighting and being removed from a critical part of a hockey game...

If I'm Dyck I would put an end to that. There are a list of numbers that should under no circumstances be fighting and 9, 21 11, and 5 are on that list permanently. Turning point in the game. You can't complain we went into a defensive shell when two of our top guys are in the box for 7 minutes and in Fadden's case the rest of the third. Stupid, stupid, stupid. You don't see Maxwell or DaSilva doing that. If Kootenay wins that game, it would have ended in 4.

O&C
04-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Try that post again Loudi... i know you posted but it wont show up on the page. It just say's that you posted and doesnt actually show it....

O&C
04-06-2008, 12:17 AM
lol, nvmd, it showed up after i posted on a different page....

But anyhow, i completely agree with you comment. Its not that they were "bad" penalties to take, but the players who took them shouldn't have even attempted to fight. Colton got WHALED on.... absolutely destroyed and poor Mitch didn't fair much better.... That being said, it was great to see Fadden stick up for Wutchterl who, btw, took a sickening crosscheck to the back of the head by the ice player which started the whole thing.... Maybe next time just skate to the bench and throw Versteeg into a fight instead.... As i look back, i sure wouldn't have minded now if Roy had picked up a cheap enforcer at the deadline but it is what it is i guess....

tyeryan9
04-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Sad to see but the Canes will lose the series now. Why??? They are being out coached. Not good that a rookie WHL coach is giving out to Dyck the way that he is...... Above posts are right, no way Fadden or Boychuk should ever fight.

localguy
04-06-2008, 09:01 AM
That being said, it was great to see Fadden stick up for Wutchterl who, btw.

Wuchteral needs to fight his own battles, I am tired of his antics.. There is no need to lie on the ice attempting to draw a penalty, and in turn creating an odd man rush for the other team. Suck it up and get to the bench. There is no way that Fadden should have to stick up for a 20 yr old 200 pounder, come on. As for Scevior, who couldn't see that coming? As you said, why wouldn't he just skate to the bench? Why didn't Wright jump in? We don't need an enforcer, Kootenay doesn't have one. We need common sense. The defensive shell is the same thing that we have done all year when we get 2 or more goal lead. Skating and hitting got us four goals, stop doiing them, site in your zone, and send one fore checker no deeper than the face off dots and you get scored on. Look how quickly things came back our way in OT. Play the game our team was built for and we have no problems, we are not a defensive team, and we don't know how to trap. If they haven;t figured it out yet when will they?

O&C
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Wuchteral needs to fight his own battles, I am tired of his antics.. There is no need to lie on the ice attempting to draw a penalty, and in turn creating an odd man rush for the other team. Suck it up and get to the bench. There is no way that Fadden should have to stick up for a 20 yr old 200 pounder, come on.

What i was going for was more the fact that the thought was their for Fadden. Just wanted to stick up for his guy. It turned out to be a HUGE mistake and should never have happend for the above reasons you posted. And as far as ole # 9 was concerned....well he bit off more then he could chew.

And too the guy who is counting the Canes out because of Dyck, arent you getting abit ahead of your self. Do you honestly believe that the coaching staff are telling the team to turtle once they get a lead?! If you have listened to ANY of the post game comments from either Kabyama or Dyck ALL year long, then you would know that sticking to the game plan and not getting to high or too low is thier permanent philosophy! Its the players them selves that panic and all want to be the hero defencemen once they get a lead. They are start running around in their zone and letting the Ice come to them in stead of forchecking. As soon as they learn to calm down after giving up a goal and getting back to their own game, they will be fine. A great example is that as soon as the game was tied up and into overtime the Canes changed their mental attitude and came out and scored in the first 3 minuets.... It is ALL mental and somthing that the players are going to need to work out on their own....

There are waaaaay to many positives from this game to be overlooked by the last 15 minuets of the third. The top line was the top line tonight and made a huge difference in the game. Carter Bancs was a one man machine and single hanedly scored a goal with 2 ice defenders basicly tackeling him to the ice. And Cam Breas single handedly killed off about 40 seconds of an Ice pentalty kill by forchecking in the ice zone then stealing the puck from maxwell and getting a scoring chance!

Bocephus
04-06-2008, 10:33 AM
I must say that I disagrre with the lot of you. I don't think any of the negative comments have any merit.
I see the Ice scoring 4 goals unanswered was a result of obscene luck and God aweful refereeing.
Sceviour fought only to protect himself. He was mugged the entire shift and had no choice because the refs were not going to call a penalty on the Ice because they were losing. Typical refing to the scoreboard. It is always the case. For or against us. That is just the way refs are. They want the game to be close.
Fadden didn't want any part of a fight but when you are sucker punched you must defend yourself. Again, if the refs had stepped in before that like they should have, then Fadden would not have had to drop the mits.
I applaud those two for having the guts to drop the gloves when they were outclassed as fighters. Kudos to them.
I have complete faith in this club. They have shown all year how they can deal with adversity and are not a club that folds the tent easily.
The coaching staff is doing a great job.
A few lucky bounces for the Ice doesn't change my opinion.
I wonder if the Ice could score with a decent shot. All their goals are floaters or seeing eye goals.
Our goals are beauties.
btw, how could the refs miss that gloved puck. Holy Hell. He took about 3 strides with it. Not only should the goal not have been allowed but the Ice should have been given the penalty for delay of game.
The Hurricanes will win. They simply have to stick to the game plan and not let a few bad breaks and poor refing change that.
Go Canes Go.
Bocephus, Canes believer.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Sad to see but the Canes will lose the series now. Why??? They are being out coached. Not good that a rookie WHL coach is giving out to Dyck the way that he is...... Above posts are right, no way Fadden or Boychuk should ever fight.
Don't break an ankle jumping on and off the bandwagon eh. We happen to have won last night in case you did not notice. We have outplayed the Ice for 80% of these 2 games. One less lucky bounce for the Ice or Lazaruk does not make a couple of fantastic saves in game 1 and we are up 2-0 in the series. That save on the 2 on 1 in game one, I think on Braes/Bancks, was world class. It goes in like it would have 99% of the time and it's a 3-0 game.
Ya last night was a horror show for 10 minutes but this series is far from over. I predicted we will win in 7 and both teams will win one on the road. We have a great road record and Kootenay's luck this year against us is gonna run our sooner or later. We will win 1 in Kootenay and win this thing in game seven at home in a dominant performance..
This team is still learning to win, but they are winning. Outcoached in what way? Do you think Dyck told them to collapse in the third. I don't think so.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Wuchteral needs to fight his own battles, I am tired of his antics.. There is no need to lie on the ice attempting to draw a penalty, and in turn creating an odd man rush for the other team.
Pretty hard to get up when you just had your head slammed into the boards. That was a penalty if I ever saw one. Wuchteral's head was low but the ice player aimed his forearms right at his head. In the first two periods the refs called some of the softest penalties I have ever seen. The hooking penalty on Hotson was non existent and the delay of game on Lazaruk was a joke. Then all of a sudden they let 3 bad penalties go and the game disintegrates. Terribly "inconsistent" reffing.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-06-2008, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=O&C]
And too the guy who is counting the Canes out because of Dyck, arent you getting abit ahead of your self. Do you honestly believe that the coaching staff are telling the team to turtle once they get a lead?!
There are waaaaay to many positives from this game to be overlooked by the last 15 minuets of the third. The top line was the top line tonight and made a huge difference in the game. QUOTE]

Your right on!!!!!!!! Can anyone tell me what is up with May. He is minus 8 in 8 games...........whoa. He is also not making anymore nice breakout passes and has quit hitting.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I must say that I disagrre with the lot of you. I don't think any of the negative comments have any merit.
I see the Ice scoring 4 goals unanswered was a result of obscene luck and God aweful refereeing.
Sceviour fought only to protect himself. He was mugged the entire shift and had no choice because the refs were not going to call a penalty on the Ice because they were losing. Typical refing to the scoreboard. It is always the case. For or against us. That is just the way refs are. They want the game to be close.
Fadden didn't want any part of a fight but when you are sucker punched you must defend yourself. Again, if the refs had stepped in before that like they should have, then Fadden would not have had to drop the mits.
I applaud those two for having the guts to drop the gloves when they were outclassed as fighters. Kudos to them.
I have complete faith in this club. They have shown all year how they can deal with adversity and are not a club that folds the tent easily.
The coaching staff is doing a great job.
A few lucky bounces for the Ice doesn't change my opinion.
I wonder if the Ice could score with a decent shot. All their goals are floaters or seeing eye goals.
Our goals are beauties.
btw, how could the refs miss that gloved puck. Holy Hell. He took about 3 strides with it. Not only should the goal not have been allowed but the Ice should have been given the penalty for delay of game.
The Hurricanes will win. They simply have to stick to the game plan and not let a few bad breaks and poor refing change that.
Go Canes Go.
Bocephus, Canes believer.
I agree totally. Could any of those 4 goals have been any luckier. Juha needs to stay calm and square in his net in those goalmouth scrambles and let the puck hit him.

Bocephus
04-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Pretty hard to get up when you just had your head slammed into the boards. That was a penalty if I ever saw one. Wuchteral's head was low but the ice player aimed his forearms right at his head. In the first two periods the refs called some of the softest penalties I have ever seen. The hooking penalty on Hotson was non existent and the delay of game on Lazaruk was a joke. Then all of a sudden they let 3 bad penalties go and the game disintegrates. Terribly "inconsistent" reffing.

The delay on Lazaruk was a complete joke, this coming from a Canes fan. The puck was a bouncing knuckler dump in. What was he supposed to do with a Cane bearing in on him. Try and play it to his defenseman? Refs suck sometimes. Hard to believe that those two refs were praised for their work the night before in Swifty.
btw, Lazaruk has been unreal. Kudos to him.
As far as Wuchturl is concerned, his play is on the edge and borderline over it. Please stop tyring so hard at acting. It is getting embarrassing. I am a fan of his but lets not embarrass the refs to the point of not taking legit stuff seriously. Did that make sense? haha

Bocephus
04-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I love the new chant for Juha. He deserves it and I hope it catches on. How big was the save before we scored the second. I thought that would turn out to be the turning point of the game. Boy was I wrong!

sbtatter
04-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Your right on!!!!!!!! Can anyone tell me what is up with May. He is minus 8 in 8 games...........whoa. He is also not making anymore nice breakout passes and has quit hitting.
Remember there were reports floating around he was hurt in game 3, maybe there's an injury we don't know about?

Bocephus
04-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Remember there were reports floating around he was hurt in game 3, maybe there's an injury we don't know about?

I believe there are many injuries that are not being reported.

I won't say who for obvious reasons but you can watch and see which ones.
It is gut check time and my hats off to those playing through injuries.

It has to be difficult for a player to read reports of your poor play when you know what injuries you are dealing with and how it is affecting your play.

I have been one to criticize many players and coaches on this forum. I can't imagine reading the stuff I have written about others if they were written about myself. Hopefully, the coaches and players stay away from these forums.

Of course, I will probably continue this shameful behaviour. vci34

It is my right, RIGHT?!?! :turkey:

It would be an ego killer for sure.

localguy
04-06-2008, 12:58 PM

It happened right in front of me, wuchteral embelishes every time there is contact on him. And circling in his zone instead of icing the puck late in the game? What the heck. And, Fadden challenged stickland, not the other way around. As for Sceviour, getting roughed up or not, someone would get Barteaux. If they aren;t being told to play the way they are played, then why after the time out did they not change? Because they were told not to. You really think it's because a d-man wants to be a hero? I think he'd rather take a win, we don't have any glory seekers on the back end. This game was a great learning exparience, and they will take a lot away from it and hopfully learn. We are a much better team than the Ice, but Kootenay's confidence in haveing the ability to come back when they have no business, has only been made stronger.

Mats
04-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Holy, wait till games are played in Cranbrook before annointing the Hurricanes as
the best, fastest team ever.
The Hurricanes will probably win the series but some of these posts make my gut awfully queezy. I'm surprised they even let the Ice into the rink if they are so much crappier than L.A.
How did your guys team even lose a game all season?

Bocephus
04-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Holy, wait till games are played in Cranbrook before annointing the Hurricanes as
The Hurricanes will probably win the series but some of these posts make my gut awfully queezy. I'm surprised they even let the Ice into the rink if they are so much crappier than L.A.

We are still trying to figure it out Mats. ;)

O&C
04-06-2008, 02:56 PM

I wouldnt read our some of our comments from that perspective if i were you. These are comming from a group of us Canes fans who have been following the team all year and know what they are capable of. This is one of the most promising junior hockey teams i have seen in years and they are a very fast and deep team. The thing is, that they only play they way they can for short periods of time. We are just expressing our minor/major frusterations with a team that we know can play better then they have to date. If you were at the game last night you would have seen how the Canes played their game for 47 minuets.... then completly had a meltdown and due to bad luck and miscalls (hate to play that card but wow.... it was sketchy at times) almost lost the game. Thats my 2 cents any how....

canes77
04-07-2008, 04:23 AM
As for Sceviour, getting roughed up or not, someone would get Barteaux.

From my section, it looked like Ben Wright was ready to come in and fight Barteaux while Sceviour and him were 'talking'...Wright was only 5 feet away when the 2 fighters finally dropped their gloves, then had to contain himself knowing the outcome of a '3rd-man-in' penalty.

I thought for sure after the two fights that one of our tougher guys (such as Versteeg) would do something...maybe because it was the 3rd period they will just wait until game 3. Plus, I dont know about the rest of you, but does anyone else here wish that King would (maybe not fight but) at least get in the face of someone after the whistle?! Look at his brother (an NHL enforcer) who he had to grow up with, how can Dwight not be tough and willing to agitate/fight once in a while, remember this fall when he knocked out Colton Gilles with one punch?! In DJ's last year, when he would be near the net after the opposing goalie covered the puck, I remember some opposing teams' D-man would be scared and skate away rather than have to deal with DJ.

And as for Wuchterl, it's too bad these "veteran" playoff refs all seem to know his moves.

As for this upcoming week....GO CANES dancing pi

Bocephus
04-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Reflections
By Trevor Kenney
Apr 7, 2008, 05:40

Email this article
Printer friendly page

Having had a day to reflect on all that transpired Saturday night at the Enmax Centre, some observations have come to light in the wake of the Lethbridge Hurricanes’ 5-4 overtime victory over the Kootenay Ice.
One of the most bizarre set of post-game interviews followed Saturday’s Game 2, when the line of questioning took on decidedly different tones with each team’s respective coach. The funny thing was that even though Michael Dyck’s Hurricanes got the win, he was the one answering all the tough questions, while Mark Holick was being asked about his team’s ability to come back, to never quit and so on — and they lost.
That may not seem right or even fair. After all, the Hurricane victory was essentially a season-saving win in front of a pumped-up home crowd, punctuated by a thrilling overtime goal. The club is now tied 1-1 in the second round, forging new ground with each and every post-season win, but all that gets lost in translation when you lose 2-0 and 4-0 third-period leads on consecutive nights.
Mark Holick’s Ice have been outplayed in both games and yet they were feeling pretty good about themselves, having earned a road split to open the series. He as much said so in his post-game interview, remarking that the Ice had played 40 minutes over two games and still got themselves a split.
So where are we now? Who has momentum and who has the edge?
That’s a tough call. Lethbridge has shown itself as the better team through two games in virtually every aspect. In the first four periods, Lethbridge has outscored the Ice 5-0. Lethbridge holds the overall power play edge with a 3-for-10, 30 per cent mark, while Kootenay is 2-for-9, 22 per cent, and has yielded a shorthanded goal. Territorial play also goes to Lethbridge so one could surmise they should be up 2-0 in the series.
The problem with that assumption however is that two third-period collapses have shown the Hurricanes as vulnerable in their own end, nervous with a lead and unable to drive a stake through a Kootenay heart that, on the strength of a 5-1 regular season record and now multiple comebacks, isn’t intimidated by the ’Canes and feels it can and should win every time. Just as easily, Kootenay could be enjoying a 2-0 advantage.
As the series shifts to Cranbrook, the Ice will undoubtedly be energized by their home crowd and plan to take their third-period dominance to the first two and try and play with a lead. Lethbridge, with its 23 regular season road wins, loves the road game and might just play better with a lead away from the Enmax Centre. One thing is certain, the ’Canes better be a quick study from their recent failures or summer school will come quickly.
Officiating mess
While the Ice weren’t enamored with referees Reagan Vetter and Nathan Wieler through the first half of Saturday night’s tilt, it was the last 15 minutes of the game that stuck in the craw of most Hurricane fans — and for good reason.
From my perspective, the duo lost control of the game shortly after Kootenay scored to pull within 4-1. Hurricanes’ Colton Sceviour had a partial breakaway that was denied by goaltender Kris Lazaruk, after which Sceviour was cross-checked and tackled into the end of the rink. No call was made on the play and it kicked off a series of pay-back incidents that ultimately drew the Hurricanes into a game they shouldn’t have been playing and played a big part in their collapse.
Shortly after the non-call, Sceviour exacted revenge by running an Ice defenceman into the end glass but again, no call was made. Sceviour then got goaded into a fight. Seconds later, Kootenay boarded Mike Wuchterl into the side boards and once again, no call was made and it was Mitch Fadden that came in and ended up in a fight. Three non-calls and the referee tandem had lost control of the game.
After that they called a soft hook on Hurricanes’ Carter Bancks that led to the 4-2 power play goal but at least that was a debatable call and maybe evened out an earlier injustice. The real problem with the second goal was the blatant glove move by Chad Greenan as he caught the puck, made two fakes with it, pitched it ahead and then made a play without a whistle being blown.
Now let’s be clear, these events all contributed to the ’Canes’ loss of focus but it was Lethbridge that allowed them to become factors. The officials didn’t help the situation by butchering the final 15 minutes but at the end of the night, it’s how a team reacts to bad calls and bad breaks that measures their maturity and fortitude.
The Hurricanes survived this one, let’s see if the experience makes them stronger and more resilient next time out.
© Copyright by Lethbridge Herald.com

This is pretty much exactly as I saw it too.

hurricaneflag7
04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Good forty minutes but we gave up in the third period........which almost cost us game 2......lucky we came by.....so now maybe they learned a good lesson and will play the full sixty min.

GO! CANES! GO! dancing pi punk rock :clap: clrkth

hurricaneflag7
04-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Game three tomorrow so lets cheers them on boys. Lets go Hurricanes!!

O&C
04-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Game day!! Looking forward to the game tonight and a good 60 minuet effort from the boys. Is anyone else heading out to Cranbrook to check it out?

Go Canes!!

hurricaneflag7
04-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Lets Go Hurricanes, lets beat them to the ice....after all their name is Ice.
vci33 vci33 vci33 yeehoo vc1tt

hurricaneflag7
04-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Lets get ready to rumble boys. punk rock clrkthj :D :thumb:

Bocephus
04-08-2008, 07:36 PM
The Ice are dominated and outshot 17-6 yet the Ice score with 1.9 seconds left.
I have never witnessed a luckier team. OMG.

neutral
04-08-2008, 08:35 PM
The Ice are dominated and outshot 17-6 yet the Ice score with 1.9 seconds left.
I have never witnessed a luckier team. OMG.

I may not be able to watch the 3'rd period on WebTV. Then again I could turn the volume off and just not listened to some of the worst play by play I've heard in the past 5 years. Where are the Brandon announcers when you are looking for a good play by play of the game.

With any luck some referees are listening to the Kootenay broadcast and they'll deal with the constant criticism in some way. I cannot figure out how the referees could be making as many bad calls as the announcer is indicating.

sbtatter
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I see your PP is working again!!

canes77
04-08-2008, 09:12 PM
The shots so far in game 3 are 51-10...WOW!!

Bocephus
04-08-2008, 09:18 PM
So Fadden gets punched in the face and Kootenay gets the powerplay? hmmmm
Scoreboard Fadden. That is what it is about. You will get the last laugh! :thumb:

Bocephus
04-08-2008, 09:31 PM
We can't beat the Ice.
They have our number.
They are going to beat us easily.
HA HA HA HA HA yeehoo
2-1 soon to be 4-1
We will wrap it up in 5 at home. :thumb:

hurricaneflag7
04-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow nice hard fought game.....now lets take the momentum into the next game.
dancing pi :groovy: clrkth

hurricaneflag7
04-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Thought some people said the hurricanes didn't have a chance since they had 1 win and 7 losses in their games against Kootenay.......told you the regular season doesn't mean anything......Nice 5-2 victory for the Hurricanes. applause

shushu
04-08-2008, 10:03 PM
there goes a FULL 60 minute effort from the the canes tonight...............KEEP UP THE HARD WORK BOYS..................... :thumb:

Mats
04-08-2008, 10:07 PM
You guys were right, Lethbridge is the best team ever- but you never told me the Ice were the worst team ever.
Absolutely brutal, as good as your team played ours was as bad the other way.
Worst I have seen them play in the 10 years here for sure.
Embarrasing but kudos to your squad for their top notch effort and execution.
And the refs sucked but it really did not matter.

HockeyMum
04-08-2008, 11:57 PM
yeehoo Way To Go CANES!! pbj What A Team Effort Tonight..You Guys Played CANES Hockey clrkth..Keep Up The Good Work..One Game At A Time..
:clap: Can't Wait For Game 5..My Bangers Are Ready !! pbj
:clap:

captain blog
04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
wow! a complete team effort! great job by coach dyck to use all his forwards and d-men. great game by the players!! go canes go!!! clrkth

hurricaneflag7
04-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Keep up the hard work Canes. :thumb:

Bocephus
04-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Just when the Portland Winter Hawks snuck into the Kootenay Ice jerseys and the Lethbridge Hurricanes morphed into the 1976 Montreal Canadiens was hard to tell. The result, however, was as predictable as if that fantasy matchup actually took place.
:thumb:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Game day!! Looking forward to the game tonight and a good 60 minuet effort from the boys. Is anyone else heading out to Cranbrook to check it out?

Go Canes!!

Hey O&C.............just thought I would give you a ribbing but here is the definition for a minuet............

Definitions of Minuet on the Web:

An elegant ballroom dance common in the 18th century, characterized by small, dainty steps danced in leisurely, triple meter.

Now I am wondering does your 2 lefts, 3 lefts etc signature and this minuet quote mean you are a dancer..................just kidding eh. :D

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-09-2008, 01:14 PM
yeehoo Way To Go CANES!! pbj What A Team Effort Tonight..You Guys Played CANES Hockey clrkth..Keep Up The Good Work..One Game At A Time..
:clap: Can't Wait For Game 5..My Bangers Are Ready !! pbj
:clap:
Welcome to the chat site for the 2008 Memorial Cup champions!!!!!! You seem to like the little smilies just a tad eh. When you say your "bangers" are ready I hope you are talking about the plastic Canes bang sticks............because this is a family friendly site..............just kiddin and have fun on here. :D

Bocephus
04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I just bought my ticket for friday's series clinching game. haha

hurricaneflag7
04-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Lets get this show on the round and show the Kootenay that we are the best team......Lets go HURRICANES!!!!!!!!! :groovy:

shushu
04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... ....big bad danny tucks one home.......................time to raise the roof on friday..............GO CANES GO..................................... :thumb: :thumb:

HockeyMum
04-10-2008, 12:49 AM
yeehoo WAY TO GO CANES !! yeehoo
I knew you guys would do it..Cause I BELIEVE !! It really is " Springtime " cause The ICE is Melting!! Yes HURRICANE ROCKS i was referring to my Hurricane Bangers:laugh: Let's MAKE SOME NOISE FOR OUR HURRICANES on friday night :clap:

sbtatter
04-10-2008, 07:01 AM
I just bought my ticket for friday's series clinching game. haha
So what do you see as the difference (if any) between the Ice and our Wheat Kings?

loudi94
04-10-2008, 07:41 AM
So what do you see as the difference (if any) between the Ice and our Wheat Kings?
Wheaties were way more physical. I'm not sure why, but Kootenay hasn't matched up well at all against us. Lazaruk is keeping it respectable.

localguy
04-10-2008, 08:00 AM

Just tired of seeing posts about the Wheat Kings, they are done, this is a round two thread which has nothing to do with them. The difference is, the Wheaties are done, let's move on.

As for last night, did anyone watch the game? Great job winning two in the middle of an "ice storm". Come on home and close it out boys. What happenned to Boychuk?

sbtatter
04-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Just tired of seeing posts about the Wheat Kings, they are done, this is a round two thread which has nothing to do with them. The difference is, the Wheaties are done, let's move on.

As for last night, did anyone watch the game? Great job winning two in the middle of an "ice storm". Come on home and close it out boys. What happenned to Boychuk?Feel free to ignore my posts localguy and/or not answer!!

hurricaneflag7
04-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Nice hard fought game......now lets finish it off on friday
Lets Go Hurricanes!!!!!!! :thumb: :groovy:

Bocephus
04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
The Ice have our Number.
We don't want to play them.
LOL
vci34

O&C
04-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Well i got back from Cranbrook at about 2 this morning after going to both games (I was out their for work again and it worked out well). Full marks to the Canes for both wins. Lazaruk is amazing and without him this series could already be over imho. The Canes played a full 60 minuets in both games and even though last nights game went into 2 overtimes, the Canes were the better team and deserved the victory. As the game got longer the Canes just ground down the Ice by rolling ALL our lines and not shortening the bench. It was total domination in the second OT and they got what they deserved.

High fives to all the Canes fans there last night and those who were there on tuesday as well. Lots of fun. Loud and proud baby! Their were clappers and signs and even a drum!! I really enjoyed the games their and props to the kooteny fans for being fairly hospitable and welcoming to all us lethbridge folks. The juha chant after some big saves was great!!

The Canes out worked, hustled, battled and skilled the Ice in both games and if we learned or lesson against Brandon, I expect this series to wrap up on Friday. And Local Guy, I seen Boychuck walking around the concourse a number of times and apparently is suffering a sore wrist or a concusion. If you had seen the NASTY elbow on him on tuesday night you would understand why. I think his face is still imprinted in that glass.....

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-10-2008, 02:56 PM
You guys tried your best to win. They seem to want to go golfing. Don't be fooled though that you were so much better than the Ice. The CANES are finally playing the way they can. You only saw it in parts of the series and maybe game six.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-10-2008, 02:58 PM
yeehoo WAY TO GO CANES !! yeehoo
I knew you guys would do it..Cause I BELIEVE !! It really is " Springtime " cause The ICE is Melting!! Yes HURRICANE ROCKS i was referring to my Hurricane Bangers:laugh: Let's MAKE SOME NOISE FOR OUR HURRICANES on friday night :clap:
I could say something about how you spelled my Monicker, but it is a family sight afterall. It is not """Hurricane Rocks""" haha although that sounds good to......lol...........Bring on the Hitmen baby! clrkthj

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-10-2008, 03:06 PM

As for last night, did anyone watch the game? Great job winning two in the middle of an "ice storm". Come on home and close it out boys. What happenned to Boychuk?

The Kootenay paper is saying it is a concussion. Let's hope not. We can win without him but let's face it; with him we are much scarier.

hurricaneflag7
04-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I could say something about how you spelled my Monicer, but it is a family sight afterall. It is not """Hurricane Rocks""" haha although that sounds good to......lol...........Bring on the Hitmen baby! clrkthj

HR you are saying that we will play the hitmen in the next round if we get there and we probably will......just wondering if that's is how could end up. anyways whoever the canes play i still say Lets Go Hurricanes!!!!!!! ;)

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-10-2008, 07:16 PM
HR you are saying that we will play the hitmen in the next round if we get there and we probably will......just wondering if that's is how could end up. anyways whoever the canes play i still say Lets Go Hurricanes!!!!!!! ;)

If the Hitmen beat Swift Current we will play them. They are up 3-1 in the series with 2 more games at home. I am sure they will win and we play them next.

grainbear
04-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I am very pleased with our performance in Kootenay. The key ingredient has to be that the rookies are now well into the lesson book of what it takes to become a winning team.They have learnt well and last night it was not the lack of performance of our most veteran players but the continued work ethic of all the players even when someone like Boychuk was out and Wuchterl, May and others are not 100 %. Credit has to go to Stasiuk for getting the right players here and also to our coaching team for getting them to the level despite adversity.Kootenay will not fold its tent and we will need another steller effort on Friday . When I was in picking up my tickets for Friday , there were less than 400 tickets left. Only seats together were in the nose bleed sections

Bocephus
04-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I agree grainbear. The seeds have been planted for a nice 3 or 4 year dominance.
I see kootenay, med hat, van, and kelowna on the way down and our franchise along with Spokane, Brandon, and Swift are the next wave.

fightstrap50
04-10-2008, 09:04 PM
hello Hurricanes fans, I need three tickets for the friday night game in the Bridge

Preferably near the home net twice as thats where we sit here in Cranbrook and I love it down there in the action(though it's the opposing net here). Or near the ICE bench, either or, but just three tickets together mainly.

Me and the wife and a friend would love to come down and take in a game on the road, so any help would be cool. Remember we treated you all good here so no crude jokes now guys lol.

just shoot me an email or private message, heres my addy. ccavelle@shaw.ca

thanks for any help

Bocephus
04-10-2008, 09:22 PM
hello Hurricanes fans, I need three tickets for the friday night game in the Bridge

Preferably near the home net twice as thats where we sit here in Cranbrook and I love it down there in the action(though it's the opposing net here). Or near the ICE bench, either or, but just three tickets together mainly.

Me and the wife and a friend would love to come down and take in a game on the road, so any help would be cool. Remember we treated you all good here so no crude jokes now guys lol.

thanks for any help

Can't help you out bud. Sorry.

loudi94
04-10-2008, 09:31 PM

thanks for any help
http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?organ_val=21961&schedule=list
or 1 403 329-seat

I checked online and you can get 3 in JJ

shushu
04-10-2008, 09:32 PM

thanks for any help
i could have called and found out...your best bet would be to call tommorow at 11am and find out whats left...i believe the number is 403-329-7328[seat]...if you have any problems send me a message tommorow and i'l see what i can do............................

Bocephus
04-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I love how opposing cities welcome opposing fans.
It really is great to live in the greatest country in the world. :)

fightstrap50
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I love how opposing cities welcome opposing fans.
It really is great to live in the greatest country in the world. :)
TRUE DAT!!!

O&C
04-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Just in case you dont get my last email Fightstrap. Just wanted to say welcome to Lethbridge in advance and I hope you enjoy your time tomorrow. Win or lose it will be a good time. Its gonna be a sell out so should be super loud in there tomorrow!! Dare i say it would be cool to hear some ice, ice, ice chants even ;) You should take Shivers with you too! haha, very cool mascot! Cant argue with someone who's number is -1 !! Hahah

Go Canes!!

sbtatter
04-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Any news on Boychuks health?

localguy
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Any news on Boychuks health?

The biggest question mark for game five remains the status of leading goal scorer Zach Boychuk. Roughed up in Game 4, he was slow to his feet following a play that took him sliding hard into the corner boards. While he finished the game and looked no worse for wear (he was sporting no bandages or slings), the Hurricanes are calling his malady an “upper body” injury and would not elaborate. When asked whether he was suffering from a concussion, Dyck again reiterated an “upper body” injury and said that he’d be evaluated on a daily basis.

From Trevor Kenney's article in today's Lethbridge Herald.

hurricaneflag7
04-11-2008, 10:11 AM
The biggest question mark for game five remains the status of leading goal scorer Zach Boychuk. Roughed up in Game 4, he was slow to his feet following a play that took him sliding hard into the corner boards. While he finished the game and looked no worse for wear (he was sporting no bandages or slings), the Hurricanes are calling his malady an “upper body” injury and would not elaborate. When asked whether he was suffering from a concussion, Dyck again reiterated an “upper body” injury and said that he’d be evaluated on a daily basis.

From Trevor Kenney's article in today's Lethbridge Herald.

Hope it isn't bad we need our leading goal scorer......but I think the canes can still win without Boychuk....if he would be there they would wip them even more haha .....anyways Lets Go Hurricanes!!!!! vci34

hurricaneflag7
04-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Game Day Lets cheer our canes on into the next round :laugh:
Lets Go Hurricanes!!!!! pbj

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-11-2008, 11:05 AM
BRING ON THE HITMEN......IT'S OVER BABY!!!!!!!! vci34

nivek_wahs
04-11-2008, 11:57 AM
http://www.lethbridgeherald.com/article_10439.php

Canes hope to sink Ice
By Trevor Kenney
Apr 11, 2008, 04:43

It took the Lethbridge Hurricanes three shots to bring down the Brandon Wheat Kings. They’ll look to have better aim tonight with the Kootenay Ice squarely in their sights.
The Hurricanes, leading 3-1 in their Eastern Conference semifinal series, can close out the Ice tonight at the Enmax Centre (7 p.m.) and advance to their first Eastern Conference final in 11 years. Just six days ago, the club was in danger of falling behind the Ice 2-0 in the series but given what’s transpired since, that seems like a lifetime ago.
Since Dwight King scored in overtime of Game 2, salvaging a win the Hurricanes nearly gave away, Lethbridge has been utterly dominant. In the two games in Cranbrook, the Hurricanes poured 96 shots worth of offence on beleaguered Ice goaltender Kris Lazaruk. While he has answered every challenge, his teammates have not and looked completely spent in the two overtime periods Wednesday night.
The challenge for the Hurricanes now is to use that to their advantage, and snuff out what little life is left in the Ice early in game five. Head coach Michael Dyck said building on what momentum has been gained over the last few days is key.
“Anytime that you can come into another team’s building and get two wins, obviously it builds a lot of momentum for you,” he said following the club’s 2-1 double overtime victory Wednesday night. “We feel like we’ve got momentum now that the game’s over but we’ve got to build on that once the puck drops in game five.”
It’s almost as if a light went on for the Hurricanes following their home split to open the series. Not content with simply dictating play and hanging on for dear life in the third period, the ’Canes have instead overwhelmed Kootenay in every aspect since. First to pucks and consistently winning battles along the wall, the Hurricanes have worn down the Ice and with little turnaround between Game 5 and 6, have squarely put Kootenay in a vulnerable position.
“Mentally it’s a little more fatiguing than physically,” Ice head coach Mark Holick said about trying to bounce back.
“I like our group, we’ve been resilient all year; we’ve just got to go in there, take it one period at a time and see what happens.”
It’s definitely cliche of Holick to say so but really, he has little else left. The Hurricanes may have started this series wondering if they could beat Kootenay, given what had transpired in the regular season, but after four games, it appears as though they are now of the belief there’s no way they can’t.
ICE CHIPS — Through four games, Lethbridge has had nine different players score a goal in the series, led by Dwight King’s four goals . . . Lethbridge outshot Kootenay 96-42 in the two games in Cranbrook . . . Lethbridge D Luca Sbisa leads all defencemen in playoff scoring with 3G, 9A and 12 points . . . Lethbridge D Ben Wright is tied for second in playoff plus/minus ranking at +7.
© Copyright by Lethbridge Herald.com

Bocephus
04-11-2008, 09:45 PM
vci34
Care to join me in a victory cigar?

sbtatter
04-11-2008, 09:46 PM
vci34
Care to join me in a victory cigar?
What did Maxwell look like in this series? And who was the best forward and d-man for both teams?

hurricaneflag7
04-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Yehaw we are going on to the third round.......bring-it on hitmen/broncos.....i still have some hope for the broncos haha .......but what ever nice game by the canes...sell out crowd of over 5000.....Lets Go Hurricanes!!!!!!! dancing pi pbj dancing pi pbj dancing pi pbj ;)

shushu
04-11-2008, 10:11 PM
UNBELIEVEABLE BABY................................. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: vci22 vci22 vci22 vci22 vci22 ....................... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

O&C
04-11-2008, 10:23 PM
YEEEHA!! Eastern final baby!!! Lets go win us a banner boys!! Great work tonight by the team and the crowed!! Lets give it up to us in section JJ for spreading the JU-HA JU-HA chants! It took some time but eventually everyone else caught on and it was awsome! I might have to graduate to a larger/louder drum though.....

PS. Awsome show by the crowd to stick around and cheer both the Canes and the Ice. Very classy indeed applause

hurricaneflag7
04-11-2008, 10:31 PM
YEEEHA!! Eastern final baby!!! Lets go win us a banner boys!! Great work tonight by the team and the crowed!! Lets give it up to us in section JJ for spreading the JU-HA JU-HA chants! It took some time but eventually everyone else caught on and it was awsome! I might have to graduate to a larger/louder drum though.....

PS. Awsome show by the crowd to stick around and cheer both the Canes and the Ice. Very classy indeed applause

Very very classy i must say again......and thank you kootenay for the great series :) ....Lets Go Hurricanes!!!! pbj

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-12-2008, 11:01 AM
What did Maxwell look like in this series? And who was the best forward and d-man for both teams?
As for the Canes, a lot of great performances. They are too much of an overall team to give kudo's to any one player. This series was not even close. I'll go out on the limb and say overall our best forward may have been Carter Bancks and Sbisa the best D-man. Sbisa can do a lot of different things and get away with them because he has Ben Wright to back him up! I say Bancks may have been our best forward but Fadden, Boychuk, King and Hotson were also very good. Maxwell was good and the Ice's best forward. Defense I don't know. As for the Ice it really is not a question of best forward or D-man........................Without the fantastic play of Lazaruk they would have been so embarassed in this series it is not fair to say any of them were any good. Lazaruk made as many great saves in this series as I have seen by all other goalies all year combined. Lazaruk and the Canes played so well in this series, it would have been the stuff of legend had Lazaruk played poorly. While I am at it, I have to mention JUHA - JUHA - JUHA was very good also. I love that Juha chant. It is short n sweet and his name lends itself to that cheer. If his name was Dick or Bob or something it just wouldn't sound the same. :groovy:

wheat_city96
04-12-2008, 02:21 PM
BRING ON THE HITMEN......IT'S OVER BABY!!!!!!!! vci34

the hitmen? the series is 3-2 calgary going into swift for game six tonight, the broncs could very well take this to game seven and i wouldnt be suprised if they upset calgary.

Il predict that you guys will play the broncos

hurricaneflag7
04-12-2008, 02:45 PM
the hitmen? the series is 3-2 calgary going into swift for game six tonight, the broncs could very well take this to game seven and i wouldnt be suprised if they upset calgary.

Ya then bring it one broncos or the hitmen...we don't know....but who cares i just say LETS GO HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!! punk rock

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-13-2008, 12:21 PM

I'll predict we won't............... as I did on previous message. All you Sask/Man guys just refused to realize the Alberta Div was a lot stronger than you. The points were only that close in regular season as we had to play each other in Ab all the time. No doubt what so ever the top 2 teams in the East all year long are in the final!!!!!!!!

Bocephus
04-13-2008, 01:09 PM
I'll predict we won't............... as I did on previous message. All you Sask/Man guys just refused to realize the Alberta Div was a lot stronger than you. The points were only that close in regular season as we had to play each other in Ab all the time. No doubt what so ever the top 2 teams in the East all year long are in the final!!!!!!!!
You are pretty fired up HR.
:)
Take it down a thousand. People haven't been giving the Canes their due all year. No reason to get excited that it still isn't happening.
I believe we will have the last laugh.
Out of all the teams I want to beat the most it is the Hitmen.
cheers

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-13-2008, 01:40 PM
You are pretty fired up HR.
:)
Take it down a thousand. People haven't been giving the Canes their due all year. No reason to get excited that it still isn't happening.
I believe we will have the last laugh.
Out of all the teams I want to beat the most it is the Hitmen.
cheers
Nah. Just givin a mild assessment of things. you wanna see fired up. Wait till we beat the Hitmen. :thumb:

sbtatter
04-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I didn't pick the Ice over you, I didn't even pick us over you, so your first point is off the mark! Win with class my friend...