Joonas Nättinen, JYP (-91)
Ilmari Pitkänen, Jokerit
Toni Rajala, Ilves (-91)
Joonas Rask, Ilves
Jere Sallinen, Blues
Matias Sointu, Ilves

Tidball
03-31-2008, 02:52 PM
If this is truly the case. Then Lorne should keep his eye on Finland for the next Euro Draft!

If a top prospect doesnt make the team, then they should be pretty good.

wango tango
04-01-2008, 03:59 PM
niemi has to be disappointed not making the team. maybe he can use it as fuel to fire himself up, and take the 'i'm gonna show them' attitude.

another finn would be a great addition to the blades in the euro draft. a positive experience by a fellow countryman and player can only help in recruiting.

Scout
04-01-2008, 09:15 PM
He just proved that he can play in Canada with one of the best junior leagues in the world and shone beyond expectations. The kid is the real deal and scouts have stood up and took notice. In my opinion, the Fins lost one of what could have been one of their best players.

Scout

Trav
04-01-2008, 11:16 PM
wouldn't be a bad idea but there's also likely some good Czechs coming over as well so it'll be interesting to see what the Blades do in the draft. Just hope it's a guy that can play on the top line.

howley
04-02-2008, 04:08 PM
There had to be some politics involved to keep him off.

Toswammi
04-02-2008, 05:20 PM
There had to be some politics involved to keep him off.

Well Euro countries dont like getting players playing in Canada, cause they don't know their teammates well enough, or something, i dunno. I would get that is why he aint on the team

Scout
04-02-2008, 07:47 PM
There is no way Niemi shouldn't be on Team Finland. He comes to Canada to get better exposure by N.H.L. scouts and his home country punishes him by leaving him off the team. I think politics played a big part in him not being selected. I hope he gets drafted high and other Finns decide to come over here also. Good on Jyri knowing his country may turn their backs against him yet he still took the risk of coming to a new country not knowing how his calibre would be against the best juniors in the world. A big step for a 17 year-old and by all indications by scouts he will be rewarded come draft day.

Scout

Snuffalupagus
04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Ever think that maybe the kid has an injury. Hell he was banged up all year and it wouldn't surprise me if he was still nicked from the past season. If he is going to be a high draft pick this summer he is really going to have to prove he can stay healthy