PDA

View Full Version : We Have One Of The Best

Scout
03-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Switzer's Blog
Monday, March 31, 2008

It's not the size...

From the blog of Mitchell Blair, who works in Regina radio:

Broncos play by play man Jon Keen is one of the top play by play guys in this league. People in the S dot C dot should be fortunate he is doing their games because he won't be around much longer. He is that good in my mind

It's great to see Keener's efforts appreciated. Jon is one of the best, and if he chooses to move on, I'm sure he can and will. Playing Calgary will showcase Jon's talents. He is that good.

What ticks me off is the mentality that 'if you're good at broadcasting you have to leave Swift Current'. Yes, in the 80's and 90's it was fashionable for radio people to give u-haul as much business as possible. In this day and age a good living can be made in a market like Swift Current. I can understand the lure of a larger market. Maybe if you get the right gig you can have your own billboard, or be on the side of a bus. The money would probably be a bit better. I do know a few "big market" people who feed thier kids off a card table.

It will be a cold day in hell the day I leave Swift because another place is "bigger".

R$

dodywood4ever
03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
People need to leave it for awhile to appreciate it. Ive lived in Calgary and Toon and they both lick balls.

hitmanfan
03-31-2008, 07:13 PM
People need to leave it for awhile to appreciate it. Ive lived in Calgary and Toon and they both lick balls.

I think it is what you make of it. I've had a good time in every town I've lived in. Heck I was even working in Swift for almost a year, had a good time there too.

dodywood4ever
03-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Guess both cities are just to big for this hillbilly.