PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets

Tinner
03-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Today I recieved my renewal form for next years season's tickets. Here we are, not even the WHL current season finished and we're being asked to fork out again. The price went up another $50 per ticket. You'd think coming off the year they had that they would hold prices to encourage more renewals. I'm guessing the power marketing strategy used by the Rebels is similar to that of the Yankees, Leafs, Cubs and Red Sox.

Rebel66
03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
Today I recieved my renewal form for next years season's tickets. Here we are, not even the WHL current season finished and we're being asked to fork out again. The price went up another $50 per ticket. You'd think coming off the year they had that they would hold prices to encourage more renewals. I'm guessing the power marketing strategy used by the Rebels is similar to that of the Yankees, Leafs, Cubs and Red Sox.

I too was surprised to receive the package so early. You would think that the Rebels would like to give fans some time to forget how difficult that season was to watch. Guess not.

I did notice in the package that it says the prices are the same as last season. Is that due to the $50 early bird discount? They are also doing a push of a prize giveaway a day to attempt to woo the fans back. It will sure be interesting to see how many actually do renew. I'm most likely going to be renewing my five season tickets. How about you, 39? Anybody else?

Tinner
04-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Being optimistic, I will be renewing, with the hopes that I finally get to see some improvement. Because of my work schedule, I'm thinking that I'll see about either sharing 1 of my tickets for every game or both tickets for half the games.

Has anyone heard whether the Westerner has any plans to address some of their shortfalls with repsect to making the place a little more fan friendly, ie; new scoreclock, space on the concourse etc.

SectionNDeserter
04-01-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm not only renewing my season tickets, I am going to try to get the seat beside me as well! Whether they have a good season next season or not, the whole package is still the cost of about 2-4 NHL game tickets.

I'm with you on the crowding of the concourse. So little effort would even have to be put into it to improve it. One simple improvement would be to not put the beer stands at the absolute narrowest part of the concourse. Couple of railings at the concessions to direct the lines in from the sides, instead of straight out--really not difficult things to implement.

Philz
04-01-2008, 09:49 AM
The Westerner is a joke. They underpay there employees and that is why they cant even get all the concessions open on game day. We have 4 seats in UU and the concession under us was open maybe half of the games. The ushers allow anyone to walk up and down the isle and when the game is on they jsut stand there and watch infront of you while you are standing there. A new scoreclock is way over due. How the hell can Moosejaw have one and we dont..I dont get it..

RebelFamily
04-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes I was quite surprised the rebels mailed out renewal forms so early. But everyone knows that Sutter work ethic. I will be renewing as well, lots of hope for next year. I heard a rumor that the westerner might be getting a Jumbo-tron for next year, has anyone else?

frontrow fan
04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
we will be re-newing as well...although would have liked alittle more time to get over the last season. The westerner is way overdue on getting some things done around there, I agree. It would be nice if the Green Jackets did some work instead of standing around doing nothing. Trying to get anywhere on the concourse between periods is terrible, and they could be asking people who are standing visiting, (i don't have anything against that) but could be asking them to move over to the wall or towards the seats just to give a little walking room for those that like to walk through!!
As far as the team...this is our winter entertainment for my family...I sure hope we actually get something for our money this coming season!!

RDRebelsfan
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
don't want to nitpick, or maybe I do, but after a bad season should prices either stay PAT or go down?

Philz I agree 100% on the score clock thing, that thing is ancient.

And here's the "noise" factor of me coming into play here, but to any Rebels staff that comes here and reads this.....Why not install an ACTUAL REAL Train Horn of some sort, or truck horn or whatever almost EVERY other team has a real one, why not us? Ditch the recording!!!

The concession thing is a joke, 100% agree, lines of people extending out, thus forcing you to walk through them. Or when you'r ein line, people cutting in front of you.

Most of important of all, put a team on the ice that is going to win.

tiny
04-02-2008, 01:18 PM

Your post confused me and maybe I shouldn't say anything because it may cost me LOL. BUT I don't know why your price went up another 50.00. Ours remained the same as last year...Regular $500.00 or Early bird $450.00. Perhaps front row seats pay a penalty...LOL.

I, for one, am very optimistic about next year. I am please to renew my tickets as very inexpensive entertainment. I feel we lost a year trying to fill holes with also-rans just because we got Hanzal and Starkov. Their arrival gave us the chance to have a playoff (good one too as I remember with MH). That postponed some of our true "rebuilding" until this year. Some of the new recruits make me believe we will improve significantly for the next two or three years. I am very interested to see what Jesse will be able to accomplish this year too.