PDA

View Full Version : Round Two, Ice vs Hurricanes

Rammer
03-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Round 2 generally isn't quite as fast as round 1, as teams have now realized how to win in the playoffs and the adrenalin has calmed down. Ice got an extra couple of days rest and this is generally noticeable in game 1, with it either going either way, especially as the teams feel one another out.

I expect a long series with the team that stays healthier having a decided advantage. Of course we don't always hear about all the injuries that occur at this time until after the team is eliminated, so I can wait out the Ice true injury report until after the Memorial Cup.

Go Ice Go! Should be a good series, as all the Eastern Division matches should be.

localguy
03-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Round 2 generally isn't quite as fast as round 1, as teams have now realized how to win in the playoffs and the adrenalin has calmed down. Ice got an extra couple of days rest and this is generally noticeable in game 1, with it either going either way, especially as the teams feel one another out.

I expect a long series with the team that stays healthier having a decided advantage. Of course we don't always hear about all the injuries that occur at this time until after the team is eliminated, so I can wait out the Ice true injury report until after the Memorial Cup.

Go Ice Go! Should be a good series, as all the Eastern Division matches should be.

You shouldn't have to be that patient, I am sure you will know the injuries in less than 2 weeks.

loudi94
03-31-2008, 09:43 PM
As evenly matched as these two teams are, I still think it's the Hurricanes series to lose. If the Canes play their best and don't lose key players, they'll win the series and the East. Of course, losing to Kootenay would not be considered an upset by any means.

604flames
03-31-2008, 10:25 PM
I picked the 'Canes to come out of the East, but this series is a toss-up.. Wish I could make it up there for a couple games, but alas.

For the Ice, getting Maxwell back seems to have been as good as grabbing a sniper at the trade deadline. Still, I'd give the edge to Lethbridge up front and on the back end. Kootenay's big advantage will be special teams I'd think.

localguy
03-31-2008, 11:41 PM
I picked the 'Canes to come out of the East, but this series is a toss-up.. Wish I could make it up there for a couple games, but alas.

For the Ice, getting Maxwell back seems to have been as good as grabbing a sniper at the trade deadline. Still, I'd give the edge to Lethbridge up front and on the back end. Kootenay's big advantage will be special teams I'd think.

Our special teams have been very good so far. I think Lethbridge in 6.

O&C
04-01-2008, 08:21 AM

Im gonna go to both games here then boogey on down to Cranbrook for game 3 (probably, unless game 4 is looking better) at the recplex and stay with friends in Jaffery for the night!! This is going to be great, I can listen to the Drive and recite all the commercials i memorized last week in Cranbrook and hear the morning show guy chant "Go Ice Go" 50 times a day.... Should be great!!

Go CANES Go!!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-02-2008, 10:57 PM
As evenly matched as these two teams are, I still think it's the Hurricanes series to lose. If the Canes play their best and don't lose key players, they'll win the series and the East. Of course, losing to Kootenay would not be considered an upset by any means.
Your right on loud dude94. clrkthj

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-02-2008, 11:02 PM
You shouldn't have to be that patient, I am sure you will know the injuries in less than 2 weeks.
Nasty but funny and let's hope it's true.............CAnes rule. yeehoo

Rammer
04-03-2008, 11:48 AM

So the Canes have some? :bounce:

localguy
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM
So the Canes have some? :bounce:

They sure do, and they are gonna give it all to ya, both barrels baby. vc119

Rammer
04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
They sure do, and they are gonna give it all to ya, both barrels baby. vc119

Don't they name Hurricanes after girls? haha vc119

localguy
04-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Don't they name Hurricanes after girls? haha vc119

Ask your boys, the all prety much got pumped in their 7-1 loss the last time they came to our building, so if you wanna say the got beat up by a bunch of girls feel free. Looked like a bunch of deer in the headlights, didn't know which way to run. All but Baiyley, he just ran straight at the Jeff May truck and got run right over. Can't wait for tonight, are you making the trip? Just curious, was the series with the Hat a physical one? Both teams have smaller forwards, and only a couple big d, how was it? Noone from Cranny or the Hat really posted much about it so it's difficult to guess. I hope this is the beginning of a great playoff rivalry, you guys have kind of been our nemesis in the last few seasons, in fact if we would have gotten a couple points off you in the series, we would have had first locked up.

Rammer
04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Duplicate post, sorry!

Rammer
04-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Ask your boys, the all prety much got pumped in their 7-1 loss the last time they came to our building, so if you wanna say the got beat up by a bunch of girls feel free. Looked like a bunch of deer in the headlights, didn't know which way to run. All but Baiyley, he just ran straight at the Jeff May truck and got run right over. Can't wait for tonight, are you making the trip? Just curious, was the series with the Hat a physical one? Both teams have smaller forwards, and only a couple big d, how was it? Noone from Cranny or the Hat really posted much about it so it's difficult to guess. I hope this is the beginning of a great playoff rivalry, you guys have kind of been our nemesis in the last few seasons, in fact if we would have gotten a couple points off you in the series, we would have had first locked up.

No I am not making the trip to Cranbrook or Lethbridge, I have relocated many years ago to the Lower Mainland, although family still resides in CBK. Taking as many games from you as the Ice did, does lead to a little complacency, the coaches will have to guard that from setting into the Ice. Kootenay isn't going to out muscle anyone, that never has been the focus since they moved from Edmonton, just skate hard and play a strong defensive game.

All teams seem to have a team that they have a difficult time finding wins, the Ice have the Hitmen, luckily though they had a good record against the Hat and the Canes, nice place to end up in the playoffs for the Ice.

Rammer
04-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Huge come from behind by the Ice tonight, down two going into the third period and they find the net 3 times for a big W. Not only was this done on the road, but coming from behind bodes well for the rest of the series, as they will believe in their ability to come back on the Canes and the Canes will be looking over their shoulders if they get out front again. applause

Sounded as if both teams took alot longer to get into this series. Expect a much faster paced game in Game Two, the Hurricanes can't afford to go down by two games, heading back to Cranbrook.

Rammer
04-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Trouble tonight, down 2 - 0 and giving up a late period shorthanded goal to go down 3 - 0, it is a large task to get that back in the third period. Ice have to adjust their game and not take so many penalties or face a PP that is clicking.

Rammer
04-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Trouble tonight, down 2 - 0 and giving up a late period shorthanded goal to go down 3 - 0, it is a large task to get that back in the third period. Ice have to adjust their game and not take so many penalties or face a PP that is clicking.

Well the task got larger, but the boys were able to overcome a 4 - 0 deficit and force OT, which was a heart breaker. Still not sure the Ice deserved to be in OT, but you have to think that the Canes are fragile with a lead against the Ice, and just about gave away another game. Ice did what they had to though on this trip, took home ice advantage with them coming home. clrkth

O&C
04-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Well Ice fans... should be a doozy or two in the Brook'! Im comming out for both games and i cant wait. What would be the chances or being permited to bringing a large drum into the Recplex?

As far as hockey goes, i dont see you guys winning if our guys can stick to the game plan, but WOW can your team capitalize on their chances! Just incrediable!! As soon as that blood is in the water is a feeding frenzie for your club. But if the Canes can stick to their plan for 60 minuets, expect more of what we seen in the first 45 of tonights.....

Go Canes!! and see you all in Cranbrook!!

Spungy
04-06-2008, 12:13 AM
i look forward to having some loud Canes fans at the Recplex! I don't see a problem with you bringing a large drum with you!

O&C
04-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Haha! Cool, i cant wait. I love Cranbrook and its people so it should be a really great time. Hopfully we get a ton on Canes fans out their cause there were definatly a good number of Ice fans down here for the first two. I think me and a buddy are comming up so were gonna have some fun with it and a drum is a strong possibility...as well as super small Canes jersey from when i was 10.... :laugh: