PDA

View Full Version : Entire Hitmen vs Broncos series on shaw tv

patsdude114
03-31-2008, 11:37 PM
2nd Round Series: Calgary Hitmen vs. Swift Current Broncos LIVE on SHAW CALGARY, AB - Ron Robison, Commissioner of the Western Hockey League, announced today that the entire 2008 WHL MNP Eastern Conference Semi Final best of seven series between the Calgary Hitmen and the Swift Current Broncos will be televised live on SHAW TV and Star Choice throughout Western Canada.

SHAW TV will also provide live coverage of the 2008 WHL Playoffs during the third round (WHL Conference Championship series') and the fourth round (WHL Championship Final series). Coverage plans for the third round WHL Conference Championship series will be announced at the conclusion of the second round of the WHL Playoffs.

The first two games of the Calgary Hitmen – Swift Current Broncos series will be broadcast live Friday, April 4th and Saturday, April 5th at 7:30 PM MST from the Credit Union i-plex in Swift, Current, SK.

The following is the schedule for the Calgary Hitmen – Swift Current Broncos best of seven WHL MNP Eastern Conference Semi Final series:

Fri. April 4 Calgary @ Swift Current 7:30pm MT
Sat. April 5 Calgary @ Swift Current 7:30pm MT
Tues. April 8 Swift Current @ Calgary 7:00pm MT
TBD Swift Current @ Calgary 7:00pm MT
TBD Swift Current @ Calgary 7:00pm MT*
TBD Calgary @ Swift Current 7:30pm MT*
TBD Swift Current @ Calgary 7:00pm MT*
* - If necessary

The three other Conference Semi-Final series' will also open on the weekend. The second round of WHL Playoffs features match-ups based on Conference standings with the highest-ranked Club meeting the lowest-ranked Club, and the second highest-ranked Club meeting the third highest-ranked Club in the Conference.

In addition to the Calgary – Swift Current series, the WHL Eastern Conference Semi-Final round match-ups will also feature the Kootenay Ice taking on the Lethbridge Hurricanes. In the Western Conference, the defending Memorial Cup Champions Vancouver Giants will take on the Spokane Chiefs, while the regular season champion Tri-City Americans will meet the winner of the first-round series between the Seattle Thunderbirds and the Kelowna Rockets.

In addition to Shaw’s television coverage, the WHL will broadcast all games live on the Internet and local radio. For more information on WHL WEB TV broadcasts log onto www.whl.ca.

This year’s WHL Champion will advance to the MasterCard Memorial Cup in Kitchener, Ontario - May 16-25, 2008.

patsdude114
03-31-2008, 11:39 PM
GO BRONCOS GO!!!!!!!!!

get to Spence early, and this series will be yours. should be less physical then against the Pats, which should benifit the Broncos. Also no more CRAPPY Brandt Center Ice for you guys ;) Live off the long feed Broncos, both on the Iplex and Saddledome ice......

GO BRONCOS GO!!!!!!!

penman
04-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Can anybody tell me what channel the games will be played on with star choice sattelite.I poked around star choice web page but couldnt find it we dont have Shaw however can get access to Star Choice for the Calgary games dont think I can make Calgary except maybe game5

Big Ern
04-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Can anybody tell me what channel the games will be played on with star choice sattelite.I poked around star choice web page but couldnt find it we dont have Shaw however can get access to Star Choice for the Calgary games dont think I can make Calgary except maybe game5

In the last few channels there is a channel simply called "Star Choice." Otherwise, they just advertise on that channel for themselves. But when there is a WHL game on SHAW, they televise it there. I think it's in the #400 channel range. #401?? Check it out.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
04-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Past experience with WHL games on Starchoice have had them on 299. Give that channel a try.

CrazyGeorge
04-03-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm listening to the Oilers vs Canucks game tonight and they just a thing on the Hitmen vs Broncos saying that the Broncos were one of the best if not thee best team in the second half in reference to the WHL. They mentioned about Calgary being the top ranked team but Swift has been playing very good hockey. It'll be a good series....watch out!!!

Can't wait till tomorrow and saturday!!!

Flathead
04-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm listening to the Oilers vs Canucks game tonight and they just a thing on the Hitmen vs Broncos saying that the Broncos were one of the best if not thee best team in the second half in reference to the WHL. They mentioned about Calgary being the top ranked team but Swift has been playing very good hockey. It'll be a good series....watch out!!!

Can't wait till tomorrow and saturday!!!
I heard that too. I'm hoping my Nucks can score three goals here soon or it's season over. I'm thinking Dave Nonnis might be gone next year, just my gut feeling.

CrazyGeorge
04-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Canucks sure haven't capatilized on their PP chances eh?

hitmanfan
04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Pretty damn sad night when Calgary fans are cheering for the Chuck.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-04-2008, 07:39 AM
I will be glad that I will have something to do this weekend and that is Watch 2 WHL hockey games on Shaw.

GO BRONCOS GO!!!!!!!!!

Broncs in RD
04-04-2008, 11:38 AM
i HAVE RECENTLY FALLEN ILL WITH STREPTHROAT IT HURTS LIKE HELL, BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE i GET TO STAY HOME AND WATCH THE bRONCO GAME.....yea hoo. By the way us peeps with star choice the game is on channel 299

patsdude114
04-04-2008, 01:34 PM
just wanna say........... LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!! LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!! GO BRONCOS GO!!!