PDA

View Full Version : Rookies

Cowanfan8
03-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Has brandon ever had such a group of young talent? If you look at this season the glennie schenn and calvert line was there best line all year and all 3 were rookies. They brought such energy to the team. Every time they touched the puck the arena would buzz woundering what amazing thing they would do next. Cowan was a walk on that nobody had heard of came on the team brought a physical presence, solid defensivly and scored a quiet 15 points. He also got big minutes during the strech in december with the junior cams and the under 17s. Hale and King never really established themselves this year and i think there is only room for one of them next year. Hale had around 4 points and king had about 7. Melnychuk had a rough start with some bad turnovers but had a pretty solid year on d. Grill-donovan i think got the least abount of games played this year but i don't think he played that bad. I didn't see enough of him. The wheat kings have an apparent star goaltender on the way and a couple other players that could suprise some people. But one things for sure the wheat kings future is very bright.