PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Run Great For Bottom Line

Scout
04-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Keen's Korner

Monday, March 31, 2008
Playoff Run Great for Bottom Line

I had a sit down chat with Broncos Assistant General Manager Elden Moberg today.

I was working on another angle to the playoffs beyond the goals and saves, wins and losses. We talked $$$.

In the past, according to Moberg, a home playoff game in the "old days" before the rink expansion meant around $20,000 per game to the teams bottom line.

After three home games this post-season, the Broncos have netted about $30,000 to $35,000 per home ice appearance. A decent increase powered by two near sell-outs in games three and four of the series with Regina, and then a sold-out game six.

If you do the math, this year's playoffs have added about 100k to the team so far minus road playoff expenses.

---------------

The team held a light skate yesterday as they get they recover from a physical battle with the Pats. It was good to see Erik Felde up and walking around. He's off the crutches after blocking that shot in game five.

Several of the veteran players are loving this time off. Bretton Stamler gave me a big smile when I asked him how important almost a week between games will be for him.

Round one concludes tonight. My buddy Regan Bartel and the Kelowna Rockets are fighting to advance through seventh heaven in Seattle. Whoever wins the series will get Tri-City in round two...

www.jonkeen.blogspot.com

Toswammi
04-01-2008, 10:10 AM
If we are getting $35000/game, i think we will add another $70000 to the bottom line with two more sellouts. THe extra money is never a bad thing

Flathead
04-01-2008, 07:30 PM
I find it strange that back in the "old days", they never turned anyone away. I can remember fans lining up along the old east wall, sitting in the aisles, and standing room along the rails was three deep!! There was nights when there were 3500 people in the ol' CCC. Now we have a bigger rink and once it hits 2865 that's it. Does that 2865 or whatever it is include all the fans in the boxes and standing or is that seats only? Is the fire marshall these days being extremely strict, is it a liability thing. I 'm not the fire marshall but I think they could sell some more standing room tickets, especially with the added room on the east end, the wide open lobby, and there is an exit just about every ten feet anywhere you are in the rink.

ointhecreek
04-01-2008, 07:36 PM
The fire marshal has put the hammer down the last few years. And no I don't want people blocking my view on the east end glass.

Flathead
04-02-2008, 07:11 AM
The fire marshal has put the hammer down the last few years. And no I don't want people blocking my view on the east end glass.
Lol, I meant standing up top, no one would block your view. If he's put the hammer down, I guess that's it.

Toswammi
04-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Lol, I meant standing up top, no one would block your view. If he's put the hammer down, I guess that's it.

That is why we gotta sell seats in the Canadian room to watch the game "on a closed circuit tv" Of course should they wonder out to the rink to watch the game, no one could stop them

Scout
04-02-2008, 08:05 AM
I heard a bit of the revenue the Broncos are making in this play-off run which is great for our team. Does anyone know if this includes concession sales, beer sales, souvenier sales or 50/50 ticket sales? Although it's not as much as selling game tickets, it would also have an impact on our bottom line. By what i took from comments it was only seat sales.

Scout

d-man
04-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Anyone know if the Broncos receive any revenue from the Shaw broadcasts?