PDA

View Full Version : Series is Over...According To Calgary Sun's Eric Francis

Nielson11
03-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Eric Francis, adding yet another article.....to my pile of trash in the corner which I burn during the summer. Thanks Eric.

Here is how he begins his story today.

"If last night's game was any indication of what's to come, this series is over.
Done like the NHL."

Or how about the lead in tease

"Kisio insists series isn't over but it sure looks that way"

I'm posting this on both the Hitmen and Hurricanes boards so we can unite as one to tear this guy apart.

I'm sure the last thing the Hitmen and their want to read is "The Series is over"

It's 2-1 for god damn's sake, and like many Hitmen fans know....that's a very very far way from over.

Man Francis...get your head on straight....then find a brain.

Nielson

SimonTemplar
03-30-2005, 05:45 PM
:burningma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a pretty idiotic thing to be writing like the other team is not going to paste that all over their dressing room.

The Coaching staff must be grinding a few teeth since Francis has probably just rung the wake up bell.

Looking around the WHL from here in London and many top seeds have fallin behind some lower seeds so playoff Hockey is still a new season.

GL Canes.

Simon in London/ Home of The Knights.

RunTheGoalie
03-30-2005, 06:04 PM
A well known idiot reporter saying it isnt going to inspire a team like an opposition player/coach saying it would.

Not to mention that a team that needs a dumb quote to inspire itself isnt a championship calibre team to begin with. The true contenders get all the inspiration they need from the desire to succeed.

That said, Francis started off alright. "If last night is any indication." Or, "If the Hitmen dominate the Hurricanes again..."

Not remarkably stupid, but it does fall into the category of "well, duh." If any team consistantly dominates the other, they will win.

His leading comments afterward were typical Francis, however. Trying to imply Kisio agrees with Francis, even though he said nothing of the sort is just ridiculously stupid.