PDA

View Full Version : Boyle joins Klinks in Norfolk

dagley
04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Brandon, Manitoba -- Brandon Wheat King captain Daryl Boyle has extended his hockey season by joining the American Hockey League's Norfolk Admirals for the balance of the 2007-08 regular season.

A 21-year old Lethbridge product, Boyle's Western Hockey League career came to an end Sunday night when the Wheat Kings fell 4-0 in game six of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series with the Hurricanes.

A 4-year WHL career, Boyle scored 31 goals and 131 points in 262 games for the Wheat Kings. In 47 playoff games, he had three goals and 17 points. During the club's first round series against Lethbridge, the club's 2007-08 Most Valuable Player led the Wheat Kings in scoring with a goal and six points.

The Admirals, Tampa Bay's AHL affiliate, are currently sitting in seventh place in the Eastern Division with a 26-41-2-5 record. Among the players on the team is ex-Wheat King left-winger Rob Klinkhammer.

In 62 games with Norfolk this season, Klinkhammer has twelve goals and 23 points.

Again, best of luck Daryl you did so much for this organization in your career and can speak for all Brandon fans when I wish you the best of luck pursuing your team. Tell Klinks I said Hi :)

Cowanfan8
04-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Good for him!!! But i thought he was a boston draft pick?

WHEATMAN
04-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Good for him!!! But i thought he was a boston draft pick?

Boyle is a free agent and was never drafted, he did attend Boston's training camp this past fall though.