PDA

View Full Version : Weber

mccabe23
03-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Wether he's a 100% or not, get this kid in the lineup! He's obviously close to 100%. Let Shea make the decision for tonight. He stated days ago that he felt ready so let's get some skates on Shea! Even if he plays just the powerplay and an odd shift here and there. It would make a huge difference.

And for the love of god......CUMISKEY.....SHOOT THE BLOODY PUCK!!!!!!

Jovorock
03-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Wether he's a 100% or not, get this kid in the lineup! He's obviously close to 100%. Let Shea make the decision for tonight. He stated days ago that he felt ready so let's get some skates on Shea! Even if he plays just the powerplay and an odd shift here and there. It would make a huge difference.

And for the love of god......CUMISKEY.....SHOOT THE BLOODY PUCK!!!!!!
I don't think Nashville would allow Weber to return until he is 100%. I agree Mccabe it would be great for him to be there strickly for the PP, but they won't chance it until he is 100%.

mccabe23
03-30-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't think Nashville would allow Weber to return until he is 100%.

That's the trouble with development leagues, always too many people to interfear. I see where Nashville is coming from though, but it sucks for the Rockets.

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 11:33 AM
That's the trouble with development leagues, always too many people to interfear. I see where Nashville is coming from though, but it sucks for the Rockets.Yes I thought that as well. Nashville won't let that "biggest draft steal" risk serious knee problems. We are s**t out-of-luck I am afraid. The decision on whether he plays will not be Shea's.

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 11:46 AM
I agree Mccabe it would be great for him to be there strickly for the PPActually, we need him on the PK just as much or more. But, I realize that with his injury the PP is less stressful. Though we both know that is immediate return is not likely to happen anyway since he's only been out for four and half weeks. Didn't they initially say he'd been gone 5-6 weeks? Damn doctors and suits will stick to that I bet.

mccabe23
03-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Damn doctors and suits will stick to that I bet.

Ain't that the truth. The "suits" are in charge of Weber. You don't see this in the NHL. If a guy like Yzerman wants to play hurt, he does.

Beaner
03-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Yes I thought that as well. Nashville won't let that "biggest draft steal" risk serious knee problems. We are s**t out-of-luck I am afraid. The decision on whether he plays will not be Shea's.

Unfortunatley you dont want to rush him back and have him make that knee injury worse. Wouldn't want to have happen to him what happened to Fistric this year.

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 12:21 PM
Unfortunatley you dont want to rush him back and have him make that knee injury worse. Wouldn't want to have happen to him what happened to Fistric this year.:laugh: Although I am not questioning your sincerity regarding Shea's health, I am sure most giant fans don't want to see him back in Kelowna's lineup for other reasons. :D

Beaner
03-30-2005, 12:26 PM
:laugh: Although I am not questioning your sincerity regarding Shea's health, I am sure most giant fans don't want to see him back in Kelowna's lineup for other reasons. :D

I'll admit I'm happy he is out of the lineup.

And yes, he makes Kelowna a lot better.

However, I would really hate to see him get even more seriously hurt if he rushes back. He has a bright future ahead of him.

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 12:38 PM
However, I would really hate to see him get even more seriously hurt if he rushes back. He has a bright future ahead of him.I believe you. I feel the same way and I would hate to see him begin his real career with knee problems. That said, I hope the decision is based on sound medical reasons only and nothing else.

Jovorock
03-30-2005, 02:15 PM
I believe you. I feel the same way and I would hate to see him begin his real career with knee problems. That said, I hope the decision is based on sound medical reasons only and nothing else.
I think the Doctors know and would love to see him out there also. The Doctors are Rocket fans and goto all the games. Also Mr. Hamilton wouldn't risk Shea's knee for a game until he is healthy.

Beaner did Fistric come back too early? I thought it was just one of those accidents when he came back the first time.

Beaner
03-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Beaner did Fistric come back too early? I thought it was just one of those accidents when he came back the first time.

Well. Hmm. I think it's open for debate.

However, looking at what happened, He broke the jaw pretty bad in that game vs. Kootney and came back after a 4, maybe 5 weeks wearing the Full face shield. That one was just an accident. Pretty scary though when he got up and he left a trail of blood from the Kootney net to the Giants bench.

1st game back (Nov. vs. Lethbridge) he throws a hit in an innocent enough play - shoulder to Face Shield, and he went down like a tonne of bricks and that was it, the 2nd break. I think Fisty was the one trying to throw the hit, but I can't quite remember.

Now the rumor that was going around was that Dallas was pretty pissed off that he came back to play, so I would have to say that yes, he did come back to quick (thats from a very reliable source by the way.)

Vancouver wasn't playing well, and I think both Mark and the Team wanted him to come back because he knew he could really help the team. After that there was even doubt if he would get back to play at all this year.

It was unlucky but I think what happened shows he wasn't quite ready, probably could have used 2 more weeks.

On a side note in the Province today this quote from Barry Trotz, head coach of the Predators in regards to Shea - "I don't think he's going to play the next 2 games but he's made good strides." That was obviously prior to game 3. Mind you the GM for the rockets is saying Tuesday or Wednesday, so who really knows.

mccabe23
03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
On a side note in the Province today this quote from Barry Trotz, head coach of the Predators in regards to Shea - "I don't think he's going to play the next 2 games but he's made good strides." That was obviously prior to game 3. Mind you the GM for the rockets is saying Tuesday or Wednesday, so who really knows.

Ya never know. He isn't listed as a scratch on the WHL website. Every day, the previews state team scratches. Today is the first day Weber isn't listed as a scratch. Perhaps an error but who knows. Guess we'll find out tonight.

Kassian
03-30-2005, 02:50 PM
After Fistric came back from the first broken jaw, (and before the actual second broken jaw) he nearly hurt it again in a game against Brandon. While in the corner battling for the puck he fell on the ice and was laying down. I can't remember which Brandon player it was but they intentionally fell on the ground and smacked their knee against Fistric's face shield. That created a scrum near the Giants bench. It was totally intentional. He tried to play it out like he just slipped but you could read his mind the whole way. Go near the side boards and just slide perfectly into Fistric's facial shield area. You could tell Mark was a little shook up afterwards too.

That is the main reason I wouldn't want Weber to come back just yet. The Giants know what is hurting on his body...I'm sure you would see some players going at the knee. Not to try and seriously injure him, but to at least rattle him and try and take him out of the game mentally (if not physically as well). So I hope if he does return the doctors are fully confident that he is ready to go.

Jovorock
03-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Now the rumor that was going around was that Dallas was pretty pissed off that he came back to play, so I would have to say that yes, he did come back to quick (thats from a very reliable source by the way.)

I would bet your inside source was correct that he came back too soon and Dallas would be pissed off.

I heard that Trotz said that, I would imagine that the Pred Doctors have a copy of the MRI and between them and the Kelowna Doctors they are calling the shots. Wait and see?

Beaner
03-30-2005, 02:54 PM
I heard that Trotz said that, I would imagine that the Pred Doctors have a copy of the MRI and between them and the Kelowna Doctors they are calling the shots. Wait and see?

Yep. 6 hrs and counting.

Just heard on the radio that Kelowna cancelled their skate today. Also they are not doing interviews today (with the Vancouver Media anyway)

Best of luck enjoy the game guys. :thumb:

Beaner
03-30-2005, 02:57 PM
After Fistric came back from the first broken jaw, (and before the actual second broken jaw) he nearly hurt it again in a game against Brandon. While in the corner battling for the puck he fell on the ice and was laying down. I can't remember which Brandon player it was but they intentionally fell on the ground and smacked their knee against Fistric's face shield. That created a scrum near the Giants bench. It was totally intentional. He tried to play it out like he just slipped but you could read his mind the whole way. Go near the side boards and just slide perfectly into Fistric's facial shield area. You could tell Mark was a little shook up afterwards too.

That is the main reason I wouldn't want Weber to come back just yet. The Giants know what is hurting on his body...I'm sure you would see some players going at the knee. Not to try and seriously injure him, but to at least rattle him and try and take him out of the game mentally (if not physically as well). So I hope if he does return the doctors are fully confident that he is ready to go.

Well thanks for that, I missed that Brandon incident.

And I agree fully with your comments about Shea. He also needs to be 100% confident in that knee as well. He will do no good for them if he plays tentatively.

mccabe23
03-30-2005, 03:09 PM
I can understand not talking to the media but why cancel the morning skate? Sure they want to rest but I think they need to go over a few things.

Not doing interviews and not skating today......perhaps they are hiding the return of Weber until tonight? Hey, one can hope right? :p

Jovorock
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
perhaps they are hiding the return of Weber until tonight? Hey, one can hope right? :p
Dare to dream mccabe, I just bought a lotto ticket, so hopefully I win that and Weber returns and the Rockets win tonite! :clap:

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
I can understand not talking to the media but why cancel the morning skate? Sure they want to rest but I think they need to go over a few things. Yeah like the specialty teams for one. Both the PP and PK need some tune-ups and adjustments. They need to win both those battles to win this game.
Not doing interviews and not skating today......perhaps they are hiding the return of Weber until tonight? Hey, one can hope right? :p:thumb:

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Yep. 6 hrs and counting.3 hrs 48 mins and counting. Damn, I wish I could speed this up as easy as turning the dial on my wrist watch.
Best of luck enjoy the game guys. :thumb:Thanks, same to you as well. :)