PDA

View Full Version : Keens Korner

Scout
04-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Keen's Korner

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bulletin Board-able?
Finally a little heat in this Hitmen/Broncos series which has been a virtual love-in heading in....

"Coming from Swift, a team that didn't really want us,...It's always fun to play against the old team . . . to kind of prove a point and say, 'You might have made a mistake in this trade. "

- Paul Postma / Calgary Herald

That statement suprises me a little...

"At times, I've had my way with them."

- Ryan White talking about his career meetings against the Broncos / Calgary Sun

Classic Ryan White. A player who does a lot of talking on the ice. Mostly to referees. Watch that game within a game this weekend.

-----

Let's talk about "the trade".

Personally speaking, I think it was a benefit for both teams. The Hitmen got more than the Broncos could/would have ever get out of Bortis and vice-versa for Keegan Dansereau.

The Broncos had an influx of 18 year-old defenseman and shipped Postma to Calgary to acquire Brett Plouffe who was one-touched to Tri-City for 20 year-old speedster Erik Felde. The move was used to add some punch and speed up-front. Misson accomplished.

Scott Fisher of the Calgary Sun called it a "lopsided trade" in a recent article. I think if he looked closer, he would see it's a deal that has worked out for both teams. Both Dansereau and Bortis have been key players for their respective teams so far in the playoffs.

I'll have a interview transcript with Dean Chynoweth later...

Jon

www.jonkeen.blogspot.com