PDA

View Full Version : Euro Draft

Toswammi
03-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Quick question, how does the order of the European draft get deteremined? Is it worst team of all leagues goes first, followed by next worst regardless of the league you play in, or is it worst team from one league, then the worst team from another league so the top 3 picks has someone from the dub, o and q?

Scout
03-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I believe it rotates between the three leagues. Last year the W.H.L. had the first pick then followed by the O and Q. This year either the O or Q pick first and the W.H.L.will pick third. I also think it goes by order of finish that year. Last year Saskatoon had the first Euro pick in the C.H.L. because they finished last.

Scout

Toswammi
03-31-2005, 06:32 PM
the Broncos will have a highish pick. So they better pick up a player or two that can light it up. This team hasn't had a good pick in a lot of years, so it should be about time. I heard Dave talk about getting someone who isn't a "project" like the last few we have had, so lets hope he picks up 1 or even 2 players that not only bronco scouts like, but NHL scouts like.

Scout
03-31-2005, 09:25 PM
It's a crap shoot. Look at Marek Knebl. In the Chez. Republic he was a sniper scoring 40 goals and had 29 assists in 50 games. He comes to North America and plays 44 games for the Bronc's and has 3 goals and 1 assist. I think they get here and don't realize how rough and tough we play not to mention our size compared to most Euro's. They play a more finesse game where they can play with the puck more and not fear being hammered thru the boards like over here. I remember Sergie Varlamov when he came over. Same thing his first two years. Looked like a dud then in the third year he was in the top ten in league scoring. Coming into a different culture and different language has to play a factor in their style. There are some Euro's out there who play the N.A. style in Europe and come over here and keep on trucking. Maybe instead of us looking at finesse Euro's we should look for the meat and potatoes player.

Scout