PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen @ Broncos GAME #1

Big Ern
04-04-2008, 03:09 PM
WHEEWWW!!!! What a week it's been! So busy...yet so exciting! With hardly any spare time to post on here due to anything from the flu to work all week long, I thought I'd post a few points:

-what media coverage on this series...already!! Everything is going nuts. I'm tellin' you, it's awesome.

-the buzz in town is fantastic. I had a chat with the Broncos' Governor Ben Weibe a few hours ago, and he's sensing it. He says it's been great for the organization...he's feeling very positive at this point. Guess what....so am I!! I hope the fans are too.

-along with the excitement, comes the new stuff...like the Pizza Hut "Broncos on the Road" in the Canadian Room, along with the roundtable that is scheduled after each game, hosted by the Eagle 94.1. WOW...it's all coming together now. We have to thank Jordan and Tracey for all the hard work in preparation...as well as all the staff at the Bronco office.

-I have this gut feeling.....the Postmas from Red Deer are like family to me....will that change during the course of this series? Mr. and Mrs. Postma and the entire clan will be down here to watch this weekend. Again, I have that gut feeling things may get rocky, but chuck that. Deep down I know it won't happen. It's just a game. They're great friends of mine.

-OK Leader Post...again??? Check this out from today's LP: http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/features/reginapats/story.html?id=ba307b62-4745-4910-91a3-97d15d9ff18e I'm sorry Mr. McCormick, but to imply once again that the first series was an upset is simply lethargic. That notion is getting old already, after a week of repeating it. The stats before, after and during the series hugely suggest otherwise. It's very understandable that Dean Chynoweth would disagree. I mean come on already.

-I upgraded my mobile device today....I went with the BLACKBERRY 8830. The options are unlimited on this device....expect me to miss a few plays tonight fiddling with it in the stands. Also, a game recap could be posted directly from my seat in the near future. I'm excited to use this thing!!

As for the pressure of tonight's game...remember....there is a great group of guys in our room. They've shown resilience to no end...they're very mature, and a great team. Let's cheer them on...they'll do very good.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

:):)

WestLEAFfan
04-04-2008, 05:01 PM
David vs Goliath! Let's go Broncos! Send the Hitmen home with their tail between their legs.

Toswammi
04-04-2008, 05:50 PM
According to that article we can seat 3290

The revamped Centennial Centre, renamed the Credit Union iplex, can sit 3,290.
Wow i would like to know where that number came from, cause that would be awesome to see

Flathead
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
According to that article we can seat 3290

Wow i would like to know where that number came from, cause that would be awesome to see
We have seen 3290, in the old smaller rink!! lol

Toswammi
04-04-2008, 06:17 PM
We have seen 3290, in the old smaller rink!! lol

I vaguely remember that, and with the new lobby arrangement, box seats, etc we can probably get close to that number. But i somehow don't think the powers that oversee the rink will like that too much

Big Ern
04-05-2008, 10:55 AM
With this series approaching over-analysis, I'll keep it short today. Just a few thoughts:

-when the whole team contributes like they did last night, they're tough to beat.

-our top guys were our top guys, and we got the added danger and contribution from the Eakin line. The Nelsons were phenominal, the Weises clobbered guys all over the ice, go on and on. It was a lot of fun to watch. Let's not leave Travis Yonkman outta the picture either.....fantastic once again.

-as much as Karl Alzner was a factor for the Hitmen, other guys had off nights. Expect a fiery return tonight.

-this of course means the Broncos will have to work even harder tonight....which I'm confident they will....there's a lot of work left to do.

POINTS TO PONDER:

-isn't it awesome to see highlights on SPORTSNET from Swift Current? :)

-the crowd definitely seemed a bit quieter than it was in round one. But still noisy. Just the same, let's turn the volume up tonight!

-great idea to have the roundtable gathering in the Canadian Room post-game. It's something different, it's exciting, and it's fun.

-I've been playing with my new gadget continuously since I got it yesterday....I love this thing! It's pretty amazing...from a handheld computer, to an i-pod, to a GPS, to a phone...it's everything.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Sent via BLACKBERRY on the 1X Network.

ointhecreek
04-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't think to many of the Hitmen had an off night. It was a good back and forth game and I don't think they expected the Broncos to keep coming at them like they did. Our guys did an excellent job of keeping them in check for the most part and Nelson did a fantastic job of taking White off his game. I'd like to give our guys credit for doing a hell of a job last night and hope they do the same tonight.
Don't know where you sit but other then after the first 2 goals by Alzner the crowd in my end were going all night. People that were usually pretty quiet all season were really getting into the game, just about continuous. Made Swift look pretty good for the tv audience, imo. Look forward to the game tonight. LETS GO BRONCOS!