PDA

View Full Version : Beating the trap

grainbear
04-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Kootenay has undoubtbly the best trap of any team in the Central and East. The key to me seems to be a quick transition once we have control of the puck . it does not seem prudent to circle behind the net to allow them to set up their zonal defense. The first pass from our d-men, or forward must be quick and it must go tape to tape to forwards who are moving and utilizing our speed to create odd man advantages once we gain control. Much easier said then done.This first pass is what enables us to utilize our speed to cause penalties or odd man rushes. Kootenay is doing a good job pressuring us quickly once we have the puck. The trap is part of the game and as such I accept it but really it is only a zonal interference no different then when you put your free hand or stick on a player to slow them done and force errors. Heres to quick first passes in Cranbrook and to recapturing the home ice advantage. Go Canes Go.

Porkchop
04-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Ice, Ice, Ice, Ice!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Ice, Ice, Ice, Ice!
Lucky lucky lucky!!!!!!!!! :spineyes:

Bocephus
04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Are you kidding me? Greenan was named player of the week.
WOW, I wonder how Galiardi feels about that?

shushu
04-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Ice, Ice, Ice, Ice!
nm....................

hurricaneflag7
04-07-2008, 04:07 PM
We just have to play hard like we did in game two.....but we have to play hard sixty min not 40........if we would have done that we would have easily won game 2.......but we came by and now we just have to take one game at a time a play a hard sixty minutes.....

Go! Canes! Go! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

hurricaneflag7
04-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Are you kidding me? Greenan was named player of the week.
WOW, I wonder how Galiardi feels about that?

You got that right....... :confused: