PDA

View Full Version : More Opinions Please!

Rebelchild
04-09-2008, 03:23 PM
vc178 I am more than a little curious what you more knowledgeable fans think about the Giants. I should start by saying that I "watch" the games. I don't analyze the games and penalties have to be pretty obvious for me to get too excited over them. That said, when we played them on Friday I was pretty impressed. I thought that they just played really hard hitting hockey. Except for Hunt I really didn't experience any major annoyances. Sunday was a TOTALLY different story. I got the impression that they didn't come out so much to play hockey, as they showed up to see how many of our guys they could leave laying on the ice and hopefully put out of the series! They whined constantly. Any time there was a break one of them was skating around with a ref or a linesman, holding their hand and crying big crocodile tears about something. The linesmen were on them every face off 'cuz they couldn't behave themselves. Hunt never shut his mouth once (I'll bet that kid talks in his sleep!). Bouma kept trying to egg on the smaller guys. After the game Hunt and Bouma actually waited on the ice as they still weren't done jacking their jaws. So tell me people - which one is the REAL Giants team? - the hard hitting players? or the crybaby bullies?

Jimmy
04-09-2008, 07:37 PM
The Memorial Cup champs

Pete76
04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
The Memorial Cup champs

yup ... they are a damn good team ... they played game #2 w/ house money, a little reckless ... have to feel very fortunate that we got a win in game #3 ... they may talk some S, but they can back it up ... beating vancouver will be the hardest series we have the entire playoffs IMO ...

localguy
04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't say that, unless you think this is your last round. If not, you have a couple more real good teams waiting for you in the next two rounds, regardless of who they are.

Ams4life
04-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Yes the hardest Series you have had....untill you play us!!!!!!!!! Wink wink :spineyes:

Pete76
04-10-2008, 02:14 AM
sure there are other really good teams, but the format of this series makes it especially tough playing three in a row in vancouver

Jimmy
04-10-2008, 09:07 AM
I must say, I had been spoiled for the past couple years, not sure how to take these playoff loses. vc119

LinkGaetzFan
04-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I must say, I had been spoiled for the past couple years, not sure how to take these playoff loses. vc119

It would seem the players share this sentiment as well. I'm sure it's tougher to reign in their emotions when they're not used to losing. We'll see Friday whether Don Hay can make them regain focus and put the losses in the rear seat.

Although blowing out Everett was extremely satisfying, I'd rather watch a close series with great action. This is turning into one now that each team has felt each other out.

Ams4life
04-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I think that you guys are going to see a game six or game seven even! Its no doubt a great series with two great teams! I know that we haven't made it past Seattle yet but when we do....(if we do) vci11 I am really looking forward to playing one of you two great teams! I think it will be an EPIC battle and whoever wins truly deserves it!

Rebelchild
04-12-2008, 12:18 PM
I think we are pretty much where we expected to be. I had hoped for a sweep with Everett but really thought that they would pull out at least one. I went into this knowing we can beat Vancouver if we play our game, stay focused and don't take stupid penalties. I too would not be surprised to see this goes all the way. I will be glad when they are back in Spokane 'cuz I sure hate listening to the games on the radio. At least we know we will be back in Spokane. I hope we come back on a win. GO CHIEFS!!!

rinkrat
04-12-2008, 12:52 PM
The webcast feed from Vancouver is quite good,give it a try. :D

HomerSimpson
04-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Chiefs are comin' home in Monday up 3-2 in the series. Here's to singing the "hey, hey, hey...GOODBYE!" to the Giants. Although I really want to win this series, it would be awesome to host a game 7 on Tuesday night. As a hockey fan, I have never in my life been to a game 7.

GO CHIEFS GO vci34