PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting onto the website

hurricaneflag7
04-09-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm having a problem getting onto the website lots of times.......i don't know if it is just me or is anyone else having some problems too......the browser just sits there and says: waiting for whlfans.ca

WestLEAFfan
04-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Me too! Not so bad as of late, but it goes in spurts. Don't know why. Maybe its a Windows XP/Vista issue?

ointhecreek
04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
And I thought I was the only one, lol.

Scout
04-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I've been having the same problem as are alot of us by all indications. Not sure if we are getting to big or what. I noticed a few times trying to get on the white board the same was happening. Don't know how this can be fixed or what is going on. Hopefully it will be corrected in the future. The administrator has been busy with a new job but i know he has been checking on the site quite frequent and hopefully he has an answer or knows how to remedy it.

Scout

bruinsr#1
04-09-2008, 10:44 PM
yeah! thats happened to me a few times i thought it was because my computer was slow.

hurricaneflag7
04-10-2008, 10:53 AM
thanks for the help guys :thumb: now I now it isn't just me. :)

HAF
04-12-2008, 11:36 AM
I apologize guys!!! I have been negelecting everything lately,including my wife and children. I got an email from Scout last night when I got home and went in to the system and did some diagnostics and troubleshooting within the programming. I really didnt see anything other than a few error codes and other things that I did an auto-correct on. Hopefully that will make posting easier. As far as the site bieng slow , I'm not sure how to remedy that as I am not in charge of the server and have no way to really work on it.
Hopefully we can get this fixed soon. Dont give up on us just yet, we will get it worked out eventually.

ointhecreek
04-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Never! Still the best WHL discussion board on the net. pbj

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Ive been having these problems with this site alot in the last year or so. Ive accessed this site on three different computers and each one always encounters the same problems. Everytime I try to access this site, there is always problems the first time trying because "internet explorer has trouble accessing the webpage" after taking ages to load. I have to always wait a minute or two after that, until I refresh and then I can get it.

I find that weird because it happens so consistantly. Its not like the site is actually down for a certain duration or anything, but that it just happens every now and then.

And sometimes when I try to post the post doesnt even come through at all because of the same reason/lack there of. More than once have I written long posts only to find that it didnt go through because of that same consistant problem, and I am left with the choice of retyping it all or not at all. Sometimes I highlight all my text and when the problem inevitably takes place, I just refresh and refill my post in there...though I dont think I should have to.

As it stands right now, I will just deal with it. But if anything can be done, that would be cool. It might just be a message for me to lay off the computer for a bit for all I know...

Edit: It happened while making this post.
EDIT: Twice. Boogaard'd

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-23-2008, 08:21 PM
I've had the same problems.

nivek_wahs
09-23-2008, 08:50 PM
The Administrators are fully aware of the problem(s) and are hoping to have things corrected in the near future.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-23-2008, 08:53 PM
The Administrators are fully aware of the problem(s) and are hoping to have things corrected in the near future.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Since April 12th? Good thing we're not in line for heart transplants.

Allin44
09-23-2008, 08:59 PM
samesies

HAF
09-23-2008, 09:15 PM
The original owner of the site owns the server. For some reason the access codes to the server have changed not allowing us access. This is a tough guy to get ahold of. We have been trying for quite a while. As soon as we can once again access the server we will get the glitches fixed as well as update to a newer more secure version of the software.