PDA

View Full Version : Game 5 @ Calgary

Scout
04-11-2008, 11:04 AM
"Game Notes" provides an inside look at the latest in team happenings, injuries, trades, hot streaks, the opposition and promotions. "Game Notes" changes with every home game! Find related items in Statistics.

Playoff Game #5 @ Calgary
TONIGHT’S GAME: For the first time this post season the Broncos are one loss away from elimination after losing 3-2 to the Hitmen on Wednesday night to fall behind 3-1 in the Eastern Conference semi-final best-of-seven series.

The Hitmen jumped out to a 2-0 lead with power play goals from Paul Postma…Dale Weise cut the lead to 2-1 mid-way through the middle frame with his 5th goal of the post season…The Hitmen however would get their 2 goal lead back just 3 minutes later with a marker from Brett Sonne…David Stieler pulled the Broncos within one goal with his 2nd playoff goal at the 10:13 mark of the 3rd period…The Broncos failed to score on the powerplay in 3 opportunities, while the Hitmen finished 2-5.

PLAYOFF NUMBERS: Levi Nelson continues to lead the way for the Broncos 10 games into the post season with 12 points (6 G, G A) and sits tied for 5th among WHL skaters in the points department...Nelson also leads the team in playoff goal scoring with 6 goals and is tied for 3rd among WHL skaters…Dale Weise picked up a goal Wednesday night and has recorded points in 8 of his last 10 games (5 G, 4 A), while Zack Smith has tallied 2 goals and 4 assists in his last 6 games…Matt Tassone has notched 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 games…Keegan Dansereau saw his 7 game point streak (3 G, 7 A) snapped Wednesday night, while Michael Wilson saw his point streak come to an end at 4 games (0 G, 3 A)…Justin Dowling is the Broncos leading rookie with 6 points (4 G, 2 A) in the playoffs thus far…Travis Yonkman has started all 10 post season games for the Broncos posting a record of 5-3-2-0, with a SV% of .907 and a GAA of 2.94…Yonkman is ranked 12th among WHL goaltenders in both GAA and SV% and has faced the most shots of any other goaltender with 351 so far this post season…17 of the 22 Broncos that have suited up in the playoffs have recorded at least a point, while the Broncos have 7 players who have scored 3 or more goals…The Broncos are averaging 32 shots for per game…The team is scoring an average of 3.7 goals per game while they are allowing 3.4 per game…The Broncos power play is operating at a 17.5% success rate while their penalty kill is operating at 71.7%.

PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE: Keegan Dansereau leads the Broncos in playoff experience having played 53 playoff games through his WHL career and has recorded 25 points (9 G, 16 A)…Bretton Stamler has played 29 playoff games during his time in the WHL and has recorded 9 playoff points.

REGULAR SEASON VS. CALGARY: Through the regular season the Broncos record was 1-2-0-1 against the Hitmen…Keegan Dansereau (2 G, 2 A) and Zack Smith (0 G, 4 A) led the Broncos offensively against the Hitmen with 4 points, while Geordie Wudrick (2 G, 0 A), Levi Nelson (1 G, 1 A), Erik Felde (1 G, 1 A) and Justin Dowling (1 G, 1 A) had 2 points…Travis Yonkman posted a .921 SV% and a 2.91 GAA against the Hitmen through the regular season, while Mark Guggenberger recorded an .889 SV% and a 4.07 GAA…The Broncos scored an average of 2.25 goals per game versus the Hitmen, while they allowed an average of 3.75…The club averaged 25 shots for per game, while the Hitmen averaged 37…Throughout the series the Broncos and the Hitmen both recorded 65 penalty minutes.

REGULAR SEASON NUMBERS: Zack Smith recorded 22 goals and 47 assists in 72 games to lead the Broncos in scoring for the majority of the 2007/08 season...Smith also led the team in scoring on the road this season with 35 points (10 G, 25 A)…Dale Weise recorded a team high 29 goals in the 2007/08 regular…Smith, Weise and Matt Tassone all had 5 game winning goals this season, while Erik Felde had 9 game winning assists…Justin Dowling was the Broncos leading rookie in the points department with 7 goals and 20 assists through the regular season…Eric Doyle (10 G, 39 A) finished the season 6th in points among WHL defensemen, while Michael Wilson (6 G, 40 A) finished tied for 7th…This season the Broncos had 9 players that hit the 40 point mark, 5 to hit the 50 point plateau and 2 to reach the 60 point benchmark …The team had 16 skaters to finish the season with a positive +/- rating…The Broncos were an impressive 28-1-0-2 when leading after the 2nd period and 30-5-0-3 when they scored the first goal of the game…The Broncos were 22-9-1-4 while playing at home this season… The Broncos power play was ranked 11th in the WHL this season with an 18.2% success rate, while their penalty kill was ranked 12th with an 82.4% success rate.

ROSTER: The Broncos roster currently consists of 24 players (2 goaltenders, 8 defensemen, 14 forwards)…The team has 3 – 20 year old players, 8 – 19 year old players, 5 – 18 year old players, 4 – 17 year old players, and 4 – 16 year old players.

DRAFTED BRONCOS: Ryan Molle (New Jersey ‘07)…Levi Nelson (Boston ‘06)…Jesse Dudas (Columbus ’06).

CrazyGeorge
04-11-2008, 07:15 PM
2 - 0 Calgary....2:18 into first period....I still believe!!!

CrazyGeorge
04-11-2008, 07:17 PM
2 - 1 Calgary....4 minutes into first period....I still believe!!!

CrazyGeorge
04-11-2008, 07:32 PM
2 - 2....7 minutes to go in first period....Go Broncos Go!!!

CrazyGeorge
04-11-2008, 07:37 PM
3 -2 Broncos....I still believe....Go Broncos Go!!!

sbtatter
04-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Crazy game! Tassone was a good interview! And Nelson is playing like he has to...

hobster
04-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Im not so sure we need a game by game recap crazygeorge, when we have the whl scorboard on the top right hand corner of the page

sbtatter
04-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Can someone tell me what you gave away to get Stammler and Dudas? I think it wasn't a whole bunch?

Link Dog
04-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Dudas for Curtis to PG and Stammler for a draft pick to Edmonton. Traded Larochelle to Van for a pick so it was basically RJ for Bretton.

sbtatter
04-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Dudas for Curtis to PG and Stammler for a draft pick to Edmonton. Traded Larochelle to Van for a pick so it was basically RJ for Bretton.
Nice trades! Is Yonkman drafted?

Broncs in RD
04-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Well you are a Blades fan so if ya don't like the recap by Crazy then don't look at, as he is a Bronco fan maybe a little excited let'em be. Why do you feel the need to come on the forum and police it.
Anyway about time our big guns outplayed theirs, great job and that Iplex better be a rockin' this saturday, take it to a game 7 anything is possible. Dudas great game 2 points with a broken wrist. Nelson back to being Nelson, and Dans fantastic AGAIN. Yonks being Yonks. Those 2 trades look very good,for what we gave up, also in the P.G. deals we got Foley I believe he is a 2 way forward that has some weight behind him, could be a Sysky type player.

sbtatter
04-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Well you are a Blades fan so if ya don't like the recap by Crazy then don't look at, as he is a Bronco fan maybe a little excited let'em be. Why do you feel the need to come on the forum and police it.
Are you talking to me? B/c if you are you got the wrong team bud! And I'm not trying to police anything am I? And I like crazy's "crazy" enthusiasm! But maybe you were directing your post to someone else?

Broncs in RD
04-11-2008, 09:37 PM
No I was talking To Hoblett

sbtatter
04-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Swifty showed great character to push the series to game 6, could have folded after the first 3 minutes. Skated and hit, and put shots on Spence who looked awful....switch the goalies and this series is over. Galiardi was terrible in the first, too many penalties, and his line ended up -2. Swifts best players were their best players tonight, eg. Nelson, Weise, Dudas, Stammler.....can the Hitmen do the same as they did to the warriors and win away in game 6? They need more than just the White line scoring...looking forward to Sat's game!

sbtatter
04-11-2008, 09:42 PM
No I was talking To Hoblett
Gotcha, I thought I was being polite and hadn't seen his post....sorry about that...

armypower
04-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Hopefully we as hitman fans have seen the last of
Spence!!! Jones has shown he deserves to start game 6..
If he loses game 6 then give Spence one more shot at it..

hobster
04-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Anyway about time our big guns outplayed theirs, great job and that Iplex better be a rockin' this saturday, take it to a game 7 anything is possible. Dudas great game 2 points with a broken wrist. Nelson back to being Nelson, and Dans fantastic AGAIN. Yonks being Yonks. Those 2 trades look very good,for what we gave up, also in the P.G. deals we got Foley I believe he is a 2 way forward that has some weight behind him, could be a Sysky type player.I guess i should have not sayed game by game recap, i should have said score by score recap as the scoreboard is in the top right corner. Game recaps are awesome after the game nothing wrong with that at all.

CrazyGeorge
04-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Excitement, pure excitement is all it was....not even noticing the score board in top right hand corner....when I'm just listening to the game myself I need to celebrate with some eh? whlfans is the best I can do...unless I come to swift and watch games!!! Game 6 baby....too bad I work this weekend otherwise I'd have made the drive down. I'll listen to the game....I enjoy listening to the Eagle's play by play I'm not going to lie!!

hitmanfan
04-11-2008, 10:38 PM
What can you say about Yonkman. The kid has game. Your boys played good and ours not so much. And great news, the shot counting thing was a hoax cause you outshot us!!!! vci22

bronco rep
04-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Yonks as playoff MVP & this guy has not been drafted? It blows me away. Did Moir ever steal any games for us in the playoffs? Come on boys dig deep & win a couple for yonks he deserves it. Whow the I-Plex is going to be rockin tonight...Can't wait. :clap: :clap: Every fan who comes on here lets make this rink the loudest barn the Dub has ever seen tonight. Maybe even tap the old boys beside you & tell them to stand up & :clap: Bring your noise makers. GO BRONCOS GO.

Teddy_B
04-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Just drove past the I-Plex what a lineup of people it's gonna be crazy tonight!
GO BRONCOS GO

minirep
04-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Yonks as playoff MVP & this guy has not been drafted? It blows me away. Did Moir ever steal any games for us in the playoffs? Come on boys dig deep & win a couple for yonks he deserves it. Whow the I-Plex is going to be rockin tonight...Can't wait. :clap: :clap: Every fan who comes on here lets make this rink the loudest barn the Dub has ever seen tonight. Maybe even tap the old boys beside you & tell them to stand up & :clap: Bring your noise makers. GO BRONCOS GO.

Yes I think Yonkman has played great but maybe give Moir a break he never had a team with talent like this one has. I think Bronco Rep might be in love with Yonkman. LOL haha Go Broncos Go!!!

Broncs in RD
04-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I guess everyone needs to have a man crush.....lol vci22 yeehoo

Bocephus
04-12-2008, 07:20 PM
I guess everyone needs to have a man crush.....lol vci22 yeehoo
A good ol' fashion bromance. :thumb:

hobster
04-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Well Calgary had enough, good on Swift in makeing this series close

srr378
04-13-2008, 01:12 AM
You are kidding me right???? YONKS for MVP??? He was awful tonight and lost them the game. Moir did not lose them games he had a brutal team in front of him and Yonks has a great team in front of him.

you can not even compare the two rationally.

think about it, yonkman let in 2 goals on 2 shots yesterday to start the game and did the same tonight and finished off with 4 goals against on the first 8 shots.

Played good in playoffs?? YES
MVP of Playoffs??? NOPE

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
04-13-2008, 01:55 AM
You are kidding me right???? YONKS for MVP??? He was awful tonight and lost them the game. Moir did not lose them games he had a brutal team in front of him and Yonks has a great team in front of him.

think about it, yonkman let in 2 goals on 2 shots yesterday to start the game and did the same tonight and finished off with 4 goals against on the first 8 shots.

MVP of Playoffs??? NOPE

Excuse me, you're who again?

minirep
04-13-2008, 08:16 AM
I think Yonkman made some great saves in the game tonight but he always seems to let one easy goal in a game. I think them saves have to be made. It was a great year. Go Broncos Go!!! vci22

sbtatter
04-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Well, if a section of Swift fans think Yonkman wasn't MVP, please send him to Brandon, I saw enough amazing saves from him in this series that i believe he was MVP for Swift, no doubt....

Teddy_B
04-13-2008, 09:10 AM

MVP of Playoffs??? NOPE

This is possibly the stupidest comment ever posted on here!!!

Toswammi
04-13-2008, 09:39 AM

MVP of Playoffs??? NOPE

Yeah.......in the first Calgarys snipers....sniped. If the shot is a few inches in another direction it isn't post and in. Or a seeing eye shot just under the bar, etc.
Lets also not forget the second period where he saved two breakaways 15 seconds apart, or the pad save when he went across the crease.
Yonks stepped his play up to a whole new level.

bronco rep
04-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Great recap on Yonks.. What gets me is people just see the goals go in & not the great saves he made for us in the postseason. Yonks you made us very proud & hope to see you back next yr wearing a bronco uniform. When the Broncos make there MVP selection i have no doubt your name will be called.

peatfan
04-13-2008, 06:59 PM
As a Hitmen fan I would easily say that Yonman was the MVP for the Broncos. I do believe he made 18 saves that I was already jumping up for the "sure" goal for the Hitmen, followed up by a cuss word to Yonkman. He was outstanding here at the Mac's Midget tourny 5 yrs ago.
clrkth Boogaard'd pbj clrkth Boogaard'd vc178 clrkth Boogaard'd :burningma

sbtatter
04-13-2008, 07:09 PM

MVP of Playoffs??? NOPE
Actually you're correct. Yonkman was the reason you lost, trade him to Brandon for a 5th round bantam pick this summer......

Toswammi
04-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Actually you're correct. Yonkman was the reason you lost, trade him to Brandon for a 5th round bantam pick this summer......

Nah Schenn will do :laugh: