PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys

Scout
04-13-2008, 09:10 AM
What a great year you gave us. A team that was picked to be an average team at the beginning of the year. This team was awesome. Fans can be critical and many of us were at first but you guys showed us something different. You made Bronco hockey what it should be. A bunch of guys who played for the crest on the front of the jersey and as a team. I have not seen Bronco pride like this year since 2003.

To Mike Wilson. You came out of nowhere and became one of the top offensive threats on defence in the entire W.H.L. Best of luck in the future.
To Eric Felde. All i can say is wow. When you first came to the team in a trade, many of us fans had very little knowledge of what you were about. Once you stepped on the ice for the first time, you added alot of excitement to Bronco hockey with your speed and playmaking. Best of luck.

To Bretton Stamler. He added a vocal leadership to the players. You steadied our D and added toughness. Best of luck.

This team proved everyone wrong. You kept on pace with the top teams and every game was a treat to watch. You weren't supposed to get past Regina and you did. Calgary alot of people thought would have a cake walk with you in this series and you gave one of the top teams in Canada all they could handle.

Bronco pride has returned to Southern Saskatchewan. The crowds returned and became vocal and into the games, not because of the renovations but because you played awesome hockey and kept us on the edge of our seats. Everywhere you went, the talk was Bronco hockey. Your never give up attitude soon became a slogan with the fans known as "We Believe".

The future looks bright. We have the kid line who are second to non. Our depth was shown this year when the rookies could step in in any situation and look like a vet. This team was what a team is all about. Play as a team and for the crest on the front not as an individual.

To the coaching staff. You did what you promised and rebuilt a team that played traditional Bronco hockey, not in five years which was your goal, but in four. The trades you made for Stamler,Dudas and Guggenburger were the pieces of the puzzle we needed to bring it to the next level and gave up very little in doing so. You inhereted a mess and turned it around.

To Jordan and Tracey: Great job this year. With the reno's and increase in attendance your job must have been he** but you never missed a beat and were not scared to try new things for us fans.

To Jon Keen and Ryan Switzer. Thanks for giving me permission to repost from your blogs. Keener gave great insight into the team and what was going on behind the scenes and always took the time to stop and talk to me if i had a question. To Switzer. You added great insight also and made your entries entertaining and blunt with your remarks and not take any guff attitude. You were very comical in your posts but could be serious if need be. I hope you both return next year as a team and for years to come.

To the posters on here. You kept our forum one of the top forums on whlfans.ca only behind Vancouver. You kept it clean for the most part and stuck to hockey talk. It made it very easy to moderate. Thanks Flathead for the help moderating the forum.

To Big Ern: Thanks for the game recaps for both home and when you went on the road with the team. We all looked forward to seeing what you had to say following the game. I don't think their is a bigger fan in all the C.H.L.

Scout

Toswammi
04-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah this was a great season, and a memorable one for years to come.
This year i think we have seen a revival of Bronco hockey in Swift. With the passionate fans in the crowd, the new renos, and the great hockey. This year has been one to remember, and i hope we can carry the momentum into next year.
Thanks to the entire organization for giving us great hockey all year long.

Flathead
04-13-2008, 10:10 AM
I would also like to thank everyone. This years team is what Bronco hockey is about. As a fan I loved the never quit attitude and the wide open, hard hitting, creative game that was played for the crest on the front not the name on the back. Every night, win or lose, as a fan I got my moneys worth.
Wilson, best of luck in your future and thanks for opening up the game from the back end, you truly were a top offensive threat from the back end, and a treat to watch.
Felde, everyone got excited when you would wind it up and blow by everyone with your blazing speed, excitement at it's best. When we ran into injury problems you would step up as a steady dman. If you want the pros, they're yours, train hard and all the best to ya.
Stamler, judging from the interviews you did and play on the ice , you obviously brought maturity and leadership to this team, to go along with a very solid defensive game. You always sound like a very knowledgeable hockey man, if hockey doesn't work out, possibly coaching the game?
Thanks again to all three graduating players.
The future of this team looks brilliant, with all the returning players we have and a few rookies that will be stepping up next year. To all players that will be here next year and the guys wanting to make this team next year, train hard, and have a great summer. Got to meet Joel Rogers last night, what a nice young man. Joel imo you have the tools to be a top dman in this league some year, keep up the great work and have a great summer.
Scout thank you, you do more moderating than I do.
Keen and Switzer, you two are imo the most entertaining and knowledgeable combo in the league. Keep up the great work and hope to hear you both next year again.
To all Bronco office staff and volunteers, thank you, your jobs were probably a lot more straining this year, working around renos and what not and you all did a great job.
Dean and Tim well, great job!! I'll be the first to admit, I questioned Dean for a few years. But the way you got these young men to never quit and play with pride for the Bronco name, has made this team a serious threat and an honor to watch every night.
I would also like to thank all the fans from around the league that jumped aboard the Bronco wagon and cheered for our team once theirs was out.
Loved this year, looking forward to next year!

Link Dog
04-13-2008, 05:52 PM
As disappointing as losing is, there are still so many things that were positive in this last year. The young talent we have that Dean has brought in, is going to be exciting to watch for years to come. The boys also left it all on the ice and the examples set by the leaders on the team for the younger guys will only bode well for the future. Reading some of the posts that have been written questioning players hearts and desire and other things like that, is more reason for players not to come to fan forum sites and read some of this stuff. Fans only know small parts of the story that is going on in the room. I know that all teams have bumps and bruises during the playoffs. But talking to someone in the organization last night, we have guys on this team that, if it was say the middle of the regular season, would not be playing. They played through injuries that they would not have been playing through under different circumstances. The courage and heart of this team can never be questioned. Congrats to the team on a successful and very entertaining year. They are the reason the rink was finally rocking like it used to. (I even saw some grey hairs getting into the Let’s go Broncos chant in the third period last night.) I am sure this taste of success will make the boys work even harder this summer so they can continue the run even farther next year. As always, Let’s Go Broncos!!!!!!! Wooooooo!!!!

dodywood4ever
04-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Not sure where you saw any of these posts questioning heart?

Link Dog
04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Not just talkng about this site. And I am talking about some of the negative Nancys at the rink.

hitmanfan
04-13-2008, 08:39 PM
When we were in Moose Jaw, there was some guy all over Perricone all night over a bad goal, but never said boo about the 20 good saves he made. There are always someone who will question heart, grit and determination. If anyone questions your squads heart, tell them to rewatch last nights game.

sbtatter
04-13-2008, 09:09 PM
When we were in Moose Jaw, there was some guy all over Perricone all night over a bad goal, but never said boo about the 20 good saves he made. There are always someone who will question heart, grit and determination. If anyone questions your squads heart, tell them to rewatch last nights game.
I agree, I'm not a Bronco fan, but the way they came back in game 5, and again last night shows they weren't lacking heart...