PDA

View Full Version : Overagers

sbtatter
04-13-2008, 11:44 AM
You have 8, Yonkman, Dudas, McAvoy, Smith, Nelson, Weise, Dansereau and Steiler.
I'm thinking in a perfect world you'd choose to keep, Yonks, Weise and Dudas?
That overage situation is going to be very interesting to watch, plus, you are basically losing a combined eight 87 and 88's from your roster, just as we did entering the 07/08 season, have to rely on your rookies and second year players a lot as you rebuild....

ointhecreek
04-13-2008, 11:52 AM
I would think that Dudas will be in the Columbus system and Nelson in Bostons and as much as I like Steiler I don't realy see them taking up a overage and Euro spot. That leaves Yonkman, McAvoy, Smith, Weise, Dansereau. I would love to see Weise back but he could sign with someone this summer and I don't know Dansers draft situation.

dodywood4ever
04-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Whats the word on young guys makin the jump next year? Who are the prospects to watch?

hobster
04-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Well i know the Blades will need 3 overagers for next season cause i don't think they will keep Reich and Klotz around, so maybe the Blades and Broncoes will try to make a deal this offseason.Danserau is a Saskatoon boy that would be a nice touch to the team if he comes back.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
04-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I too am wondering what will be done with some of our overagers. Guggenberger was fairly solid the times he was in net this year, and with him being a year older he'll likely be wanting more games next season.

Also with some good goaltending prospects in our system, do you think Dean could send Yonkman somewhere? You'd have to think his stock rose through the roof with the playoffs he just had.

Toswammi
04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
We got:
Yonkman - Unbelievable playoffs. I am thinking that he should be back, but another consideration is if Ferber, Ketting, or Andrew Breker (another name i heard in the past, but dont know if he is still in the picture) are ready. If the team feels they are a legit year away from starting then i could see Yonks back and Guggs gone.
MacAvoy - Very underrated player. He is one of those guys that will be around for camp next year (not going pro). He can play forward and defense, and with us losing a few defenseman he could be brought on board to help out our backend.
Dudas - Columbus drafted, and could play pro next year. No one has doubted his talent level, its injuries that is the biggest knock on him. Can play in all situations.
Nelson - Like Dudas, Nelson is drafted and will likely turn pro (assuming Boston signs him). Good agitator that when is on his game is as good a forward as we got.
Smith - Heart and soul player. Like Wiese is looking for a pro contract, and has been speculated about being a late draft pick this year. Good on the circle, PP, PK, etc
Weise - Big body presence, at times looked like a man playing amoung boys he can be that dominate. Possesess a lethal combo of being able to score adn hit anyone in sight (i guess that is what a power forward does). Looking for a pro contract this offseason.
Dansereau - Soft hands, desire has been questioned but has the skills to play pro. Whether or not he comes back i guess depends on if a NHL team wants to "take a chance" on a kid with a rep of not always showing up to play
Stieler - Won't be back, the only i can say for certain. 20 yr + Euro means that we will take another forward in the euro draft in June/July

By all means, if we get any three of the players (not including Stieler) i will be happy. It will be a tough decision, but a lot of it will be made by pro scouts/teams.

sbtatter
04-13-2008, 03:22 PM
We got:
Yonkman - Unbelievable playoffs. I am thinking that he should be back, but another consideration is if Ferber, Ketting, or Andrew Breker (another name i heard in the past, but dont know if he is still in the picture) are ready. If the team feels they are a legit year away from starting then i could see Yonks back and Guggs gone.
MacAvoy - Very underrated player. He is one of those guys that will be around for camp next year (not going pro). He can play forward and defense, and with us losing a few defenseman he could be brought on board to help out our backend.
Dudas - Columbus drafted, and could play pro next year. No one has doubted his talent level, its injuries that is the biggest knock on him. Can play in all situations.
Nelson - Like Dudas, Nelson is drafted and will likely turn pro (assuming Boston signs him). Good agitator that when is on his game is as good a forward as we got.
Smith - Heart and soul player. Like Wiese is looking for a pro contract, and has been speculated about being a late draft pick this year. Good on the circle, PP, PK, etc
Weise - Big body presence, at times looked like a man playing amoung boys he can be that dominate. Possesess a lethal combo of being able to score adn hit anyone in sight (i guess that is what a power forward does). Looking for a pro contract this offseason.
Dansereau - Soft hands, desire has been questioned but has the skills to play pro. Whether or not he comes back i guess depends on if a NHL team wants to "take a chance" on a kid with a rep of not always showing up to play
Stieler - Won't be back, the only i can say for certain. 20 yr + Euro means that we will take another forward in the euro draft in June/July

By all means, if we get any three of the players (not including Stieler) i will be happy. It will be a tough decision, but a lot of it will be made by pro scouts/teams.
Thanks the nice summary, do you think Guggen...(what's his name?!) is ready to be a #1 goalie somewhere?

ointhecreek
04-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I disagree on Guggenberger. He had 4 shutouts in 11 games with a better save percentage then Yonks. He's not going anywhere imo.