PDA

View Full Version : Home ice advantage restored!!

RocketMan
03-30-2005, 11:54 PM
In a game they really dominated, the Rockets are headin' back to Kelowna with home ice restored. It was great game that if not for Schwartz, wouldn't have been close. The PK was much improved and except for the giants only goal, they didn't give Vancouver many good scoring chances. Outstanding win they fully deserved. Good job boys. The championship experience really showed tonight.

C.F
03-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Damn those red jerseys! The Giants played lousy, and the Rockets came out to play. Schwarz played great though. Hopefully someone in the dressing room gets the Giants fired up, they didn't seem to have any jump.

Giants in 7. ;)

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 12:02 AM
Damn those red jerseys! The Giants played lousy, and the Rockets came out to play. Schwarz played great though. Hopefully someone in the dressing room gets the Giants fired up, they didn't seem to have any jump.

Giants in 7. ;)Game 5 I expect a different Giants team to show up. Sometimes it's just easier to play on the road. It will be another freakin' close one. Damn though those are hard on one's nerves. BTW, Rockets in 6.

Sput
03-31-2005, 12:26 AM
Having watched the game on Shaw, I'd say the Rockets worked hard, but didn't or couldn't take full advantage of their chances tonight. Two or three times those red jerseys missed wide open nets, and just couldn't seem to get a good flow going until late in the game. That said, Vancouver didn't play well at all. It looked like they were spending to much time looking for the big hit, and not actually playing the puck.

This series is definatly going to go longer than I first thought, and its going to be exciting to watch it on TV for a change.

Beaner
03-31-2005, 12:38 AM
Have to agree. Vancouver got out-worked, and out-played all night long. Giants looked slow and played very flat.

They were lucky to even get to overtime.

Not sure what Truitt did/said to the Kelowna boys today but whatever it was it worked like a charm. Kelowna came in played their game and took it to us tonight.

Looking forward to another great game in Kelowna Firday night.

BTW, Rocketman, Giants in 6 ;) :)

Squig
03-31-2005, 09:39 AM
I thought for sure after a game one loss we would come out with the reds to sway our fortunes. Saved them for last night i guess - it worked!!!

I thought Herman called the best game of the series. He let quite a bit go but still called the blatant stuff. Power plays last night were 4 for the Giants (including a 5 on 3) and only 1 for the Rockets.

The difference IMO was the tempo was set by the Rockets not the Giants - We played our game. The Rockets PK was very good last night as well.

This sets up a best of three with the Rockets having home ice. The Shaw guys seemed to think that home ice won't mean much but that may be wishful thinking. We have been very strong at home - when Tix went on sale for Fridays game they were sold out instantly. Home ice will be a factor. Just might have to venture back to the big city on Sat as the crowd will be huge!!

Time to turn the tables on these upstart Giants with a win tommorrow. At least it would give the Van media something new to write about. I can see it now "ALL FOR NOT - GIANTS LOSE"

Go Rockets Go!!

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 10:00 AM
I thought Herman called the best game of the series. He let quite a bit go but still called the blatant stuff. Power plays last night were 4 for the Giants (including a 5 on 3) and only 1 for the Rockets.I thought that was odd given we were the attacking team most of the night and carried much of the play. I am just glad that it wasn't a factor in the outcome.
This sets up a best of three with the Rockets having home ice. The Shaw guys seemed to think that home ice won't mean much but that may be wishful thinking.I couldn't agree more. The Rockets have outplayed the giants 3 games in a row now, with the exception of a never-before-seen and whacky comeback in game 3 that I don't think is likely to happen again. I think the Rockets will win the next two. We were better on their ice than they were on ours. However, it's junior hockey and anything could still happen. You have to expect the unexpected. I still say though Rockets in 6.

Jovorock
03-31-2005, 10:15 AM
Have to agree. Vancouver got out-worked, and out-played all night long. Giants looked slow and played very flat.

I like what Fistric said on SNet, "it's hard to keep that intensity for two straight games". Even when Liam Couture cam to Kelowna from Medicine Hat he said he thought he was in shape until he came to Kelowna. Rockets trainer Scott Hoyer keeps the boys in incredible shape.

Beaner
03-31-2005, 11:20 AM
I thought that was odd given we were the attacking team most of the night and carried much of the play. I am just glad that it wasn't a factor in the outcome.

Yep. there was only 1 team out there playing 100% last night, not us.

I couldn't agree more. The Rockets have outplayed the giants 3 games in a row now

Wether the Giants have been outplayed 3 games in a row to me is a bit questionable. I didnt see game 2, just listened on the radio so I never trust the radio guys, and in game 3, I would have to give the first half of the game to the Rockets and the 2nd half to the giants. Game 4 no doubt you outplayed us.

From what I heard and the results of the 1st 2 games I would have to say that the teams were both pretty even in those games, so besides last night games, you would have to say that the games have been pretty even thus far.

I think the Rockets will win the next two. We were better on their ice than they were on ours. However, it's junior hockey and anything could still happen. You have to expect the unexpected. I still say though Rockets in 6.

Well, both teams have gotten their splits on the road, but you have to give the advantage to Kelowna considerig their home ice record the last few years. But as we all know regular season means squat. Odds are we are going to see game 7.

Onto more great hockey Friday and Saturday Night.

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 11:34 AM
you would have to say that the games have been pretty even thus far.Agreed, if there is a difference it's been slight. Last night and the first half of game 3, it was more apparent. But it's by no means large. The scores bear that out.
Onto more great hockey Friday and Saturday Night.Yes, I can't wait. What a great series this has been.

kelownakarl
03-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Great hockey being played from both sides... Will it go 7?

Beaner
03-31-2005, 12:01 PM
I thought Herman called the best game of the series. He let quite a bit go but still called the blatant stuff. Power plays last night were 4 for the Giants (including a 5 on 3) and only 1 for the Rockets.

Yeah, Herman did a very good job. There would have been a lot more penalties if the players would have smartened up and not taking the retalitory penalties. But Excellent job. Nice not to be talking about the bad officiating 2 games in a row. Hopefully we get either Herman or ( I never thought I 'd say this) Zalasky Friday night.

The linesman were the same intersting pair we had from game 3, Johnston and Chichack. They were a bit better than Tuesday, but not much.