PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Chiefs

scrunt
04-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Well done Chiefs. You were deserving winners over my beloved Giants. Good luck the rest of the way.

applause

Big Daddy
04-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Congrats!! Very solid team and a well deserved series win. Good luck against Tri and keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine.

BTW, Cowan is going to be a beast for many years to come. Too bad your pbp guy is always on him for every mistake he makes, does this guy know anything about hockey?

GiantDave
04-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Congrats... The Chiefs were able to beat the Giants at their own game. I think you guys have a great shot at not only winning the WHL crown but the Mem. Cup...

Best of luck.

Pete76
04-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Doubtful ... Cowen has really picked up his game ... hard to tell he is a 16 year old ... Boyle (pbp guy) gets on Faulk pretty bad too IMO ... man the goal that evened it up was a fluke bounce off one of the seams on the glass or boards (so that sucked) ... but I'm still confused why they waived off your 2nd goal ... is that call made by a replay official or the mice on the ice?

Too bad your pbp guy is always on him for every mistake he makes, does this guy know anything about hockey?

TriFan2005
04-14-2008, 11:24 PM
congrats chiefs. good luck vs us. here's too a good lengthy series with close games all the way.

LifelongChiefsFan
04-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Doubtful ... Cowen has really picked up his game ... hard to tell he is a 16 year old ... Boyle (pbp guy) gets on Faulk pretty bad too IMO ... man the goal that evened it up was a fluke bounce off one of the seams on the glass or boards (so that sucked) ... but I'm still confused why they waived off your 2nd goal ... is that call made by a replay official or the mice on the ice?

This call was made by the zebras. I've heard three different reasons why the goal was disallowed. I've heard the net was off the moorings before the puck went in; the refs lost sight of the puck and Tokarski was interfered with. I have no idea which of those was the actual reason they waved it off and as I haven't seen the play, I can't make my own comment about it either way. Still that play is what turned the game around, imo. It really sounded like that kind of deflated the Giants a bit while Spokane seemed to turn things up a notch after that goal was waved off.

Kassian
04-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Congrats Chiefs fans. Best of luck against the Americans.

dondo
04-15-2008, 01:29 AM
it was mice on the ice (including one who was standing right by the net, but did not have the cohones to make the call one way or the other) -- there are no video replays until the WHL final .. that should change in my opinion -- kind of sucks as that taints the game a bit for me, but no doubt that you guys were the better team in the series.

Congrats guys you should be very proud of your boys who played pretty damn hard every night I watched them play.

I think the Chiefs will give any competition a run for their moolah, a great balance to the team, some seriously skilled players, phenomenal work ethic and blinding speed.

I fully expect you to take out the Ams. vci22

Good Luck.. I'll cheer you guys on from now on... vci34

HomerSimpson
04-15-2008, 05:40 PM
This call was made by the zebras. I've heard three different reasons why the goal was disallowed. I've heard the net was off the moorings before the puck went in; the refs lost sight of the puck and Tokarski was interfered with. I have no idea which of those was the actual reason they waved it off and as I haven't seen the play, I can't make my own comment about it either way. Still that play is what turned the game around, imo. It really sounded like that kind of deflated the Giants a bit while Spokane seemed to turn things up a notch after that goal was waved off.

This is a touchy subject, and the last thing I want to do is tick off any of the Giant or Chief fans, but I want to touch on it.

I think the reason they waved off the goal in earnest was because Tokarski was taken out before the puck ever got to him. If the WHL uses the same rule set as the NHL, if a goaltender is knocked over by an opposing player ***whether or not the player is pushed in*** the opposing player has to avoid contact with the goaltender. If the 'tender is interfered with and has no chance to make the save, the goal will be disallowed. This would be the only reason for them to wave off the goal. The puck was in before the net came off. There's no way the ref lost site of the puck, because the MORON Andy Thiessen was right on top of the play and was actually waving it off before the play had even stopped.

IMO, we can debate on whether it was the right call or not, but all it would do is give our tremendous series a black eye. The best team is going to prevail in a 7 game series, and I think that over the course of the series the Chiefs simply wanted it more than the Giants.

Sure was a heck of a game last night, and a great series for the fans of both cities. I wish we could have matched up against the Giants more this year, the teams were very evenly matched and the Giants definitely have some of the best fans in the league.

HomerSimpson
04-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Congrats!! Very solid team and a well deserved series win. Good luck against Tri and keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine.

BTW, Cowan is going to be a beast for many years to come. Too bad your pbp guy is always on him for every mistake he makes, does this guy know anything about hockey?

Cowen gets unfair treatment by the fans as well. When he suited up here at the end of last year I got cursed at by fans around me for cheering him when they announced him in the starting lineup. Alot of the fans in the arena shout "spaz" when he makes a mistake (which are few and far between) and heckle him constantly. I'm excited that he came to play here, and I think it takes an intelligent player to realize where it's best to go for his hockey career, and it's unfair for the fans here to taunt him because he considered all options.

Boyle's an idiot on the radio...hopefully he will be replaced in due time. He's over-biased (the real Chiefs' HOMER) and never calls it like it really happens.

Pete76
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Cowen gets unfair treatment by the fans as well.

this is why I like weekday playoff games ... fewer jackasses with the weekend off and getting liquoured up ...

dondo
04-15-2008, 10:35 PM
HS --- If the player in question is carrying the puck I don't think goal-tender interference applies. We've seen it time and again this happening and it being a goal.

As far as I have heard it crossed the line before the net was dislodged. had it been a goalie interference issue even the cohone-challenged fellow in the zebra suit standing right there would have called it no goal right away.

No it was the wrong call and its too bad because I would have loved to see this series go seven games. I expect that the Chiefs would have still won, but it would have been nice.

LinkGaetzFan
04-15-2008, 11:13 PM
HS --- If the player in question is carrying the puck I don't think goal-tender interference applies. We've seen it time and again this happening and it being a goal.

As far as I have heard it crossed the line before the net was dislodged. had it been a goalie interference issue even the cohone-challenged fellow in the zebra suit standing right there would have called it no goal right away.

No it was the wrong call and its too bad because I would have loved to see this series go seven games. I expect that the Chiefs would have still won, but it would have been nice.

It looked to me that he lost control of the puck before he crashed into Tokarski, which would explain why it weakly slid in. But if they disallowed the goal for that reason (goaltender interference), where was the 2:00 PP? The net wasn't off the moorings until after the puck was in, so that shouldn't have been the reason. Either way, the zebras screwed it up.

It was a good, exciting series although I wish someone would have taken on Letts or Kelner. Boogaard'd

HomerSimpson
04-17-2008, 07:53 PM
It looked to me that he lost control of the puck before he crashed into Tokarski, which would explain why it weakly slid in. But if they disallowed the goal for that reason (goaltender interference), where was the 2:00 PP? The net wasn't off the moorings until after the puck was in, so that shouldn't have been the reason. Either way, the zebras screwed it up.

It was a good, exciting series although I wish someone would have taken on Letts or Kelner. Boogaard'd

There was no PP time because the player was directed in by a Chief. I was trying to explain that Tokarski had no chance to make the save --- not because there should have been goaltender interference called, but because he simply didn't have a chance to make the save. I've seen it called that way a couple of times in the NHL, anyways...it's like how the linesmen can call an "illegal change" but not a penalty for too many men. That's the only thing I can interperet, though.

I agree with Dondo for the most part...it's too bad this play may have decided the series once and for all.