PDA

View Full Version : Spokane VS Tri ... Game 1, 04-08-08

Pete76
04-15-2008, 06:05 AM
It seems like it has been months since the chiefs last played the AMS, looking forward to a great series ... just wish we didn't have to play on your dinky rink and slow ice (humidity? temperature?) oh well, chiefs in 6!

tigerfan
04-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Spokane hasn't had an easy road so far with Everett and Vancouver, now the Americans. Spokane in five ( wishfully thinking). Should be a great series and hopefully see Spokane play in either Lethbridge or Calgary.
I heard that Trevor Glass has been playing pretty good, just wondering.

Ams4life
04-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Well Seattle was a pretty good team this year and they gave us a bit of a run but we shut them out not only once but twice! We are playing some great hockey right now probably the best this team has all year long! Now as long as they play their game and play smart I will say AMS in 7! Its going to be a great series and I think this is what we were all talking about last month! We got our wish now may the games be great and the refs NOT be a factor! GO AMS GO!!!! vc119

Rebelchild
04-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I think that what makes the games between us so exciting, other than the rivalry of course, is that we play a lot alike. This season couldn't have had a better ending for either team. I sincerely expect this series to go the full 7 unless one of us just does not show up to play one night. This has all the makings of a really GREAT series! What more can you say besides GO CHIEFS!

HomerSimpson
04-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Spokane hasn't had an easy road so far with Everett and Vancouver, now the Americans. Spokane in five ( wishfully thinking). Should be a great series and hopefully see Spokane play in either Lethbridge or Calgary.
I heard that Trevor Glass has been playing pretty good, just wondering.

Glass has been FANTASTIC!!!

Spurgeon and Cowen had been one of the top pairs in the league, but until we acquired Glass we lacked that sturdy shutdown pair that most teams had. Pairing him with the talented young Mike Reddington has been bountiful for the Chiefs, and Glass is one of the main reasons the Chiefs have been so strong thus far in the playoffs. Throw Falk and a recently stepping up Ulmer into the mix and the Chiefs may have the most overlooked defense in the entire WHL.

Oh, and by the way...Chiefs in 6. We WILL take one of the first two games down in Kennewick, if not both of them...the way we're playing right now and the fact that you guys are coming off of a long break, if the Chiefs can jump out early it could get ugly. And the boys thought they should have taken the last game of the regular season down there...we're just hungry now.

Funny, we were at that game, and I told my wife while the Ams piled on top of each other that they hadn't won anything yet, and that we'd see them again in the conference finals in a few weeks with a chance for bitter sweet revenge. Fans of the "395" series will remember this one for a long, long time.

Ams4life
04-15-2008, 05:55 PM
what do you mean haven't won anything yet? I believe with that ONE game we WON the U.S. Division Championship, the Western Conference regular Season, and The Scotty Munuro trophy for most points in a Season for the WHL. I believe its going to be a great series and please don't take our team lightly we had a total of 11 goals against us in 5 games with Seattle and um TWO shutouts! We are playing the very best hockey we have all year long!

HomerSimpson
04-15-2008, 07:30 PM
what do you mean haven't won anything yet? I believe with that ONE game we WON the U.S. Division Championship, the Western Conference regular Season, and The Scotty Munuro trophy for most points in a Season for the WHL. I believe its going to be a great series and please don't take our team lightly we had a total of 11 goals against us in 5 games with Seattle and um TWO shutouts! We are playing the very best hockey we have all year long!

...And to add to my point, 6 of those 11 goals were in the FIRST GAME. Meaning in the other 2, you allowed 5 goals. And you were playing Seattle...they beat us twice all year. We matched up against Vancouver, and our defensive numbers are more impressive than yours.

No, you haven't won anything yet. The Munro, US division and conference championships are worth a sack of marbles if you don't make a Memorial Cup appearance.

So take your 1 game...we'll see you on Friday night. clrkthj

Pete76
04-15-2008, 08:18 PM

You may have that cute girls phone number (regular season points winner) ... but unless you win this series, it was all for naught! Honestly, the boyz may play better the first two games away ...

As far as TREVOR GLASS ... as previously mentioned, he has been down-right awesome ... I'm sure his experience against vancouver last year helped, not to mention he does well on the power play

one thing we cannot do against Tri is give up any more shorthanded goals ... their special teams, and Yellowhorn, have been great against us all year!

Rebelchild
04-16-2008, 11:31 AM
So many things ... Trevor might be good on the PP - but we did not (I don't think) have a single, solitary PP goal against Vancouver. NOT ONE! If there is anything going into the games against TRI that I am even a little bit worried about it is that. However, on the flip side, we also haven't taken a lot of penalties stupid or otherwise. Still more, while we have no PP we have been doing well on the PK. Trevor has still done awesome.

Yellowhorn has proven he can score. However, compared to some of the players on the AMs - he is slow. His guys are going to have to clear a path for him to get in and get a shot. Speed is a big thing with both our teams but there are several players on both teams that I think can outskate Yellow backwards and with at least one eye closed. I don't think that he was a factor in the last few games that we played against each other. For some reason Hughesman keeps coming to my mind as more of a threat to us than Yellow. Might be hallucinations tho.

We, as teams, know each other well. This might be the playoffs. Playoffs might be a whole different story. However, I think that this series is a whole different story. When, in the Western division, was the last time that we had a matchup like this?

What more can I say besides GO CHIEFS GO!!!! yeehoo

tigerfan
04-16-2008, 11:44 AM
He was the Tigers best defenceman in the playoffs last year on their way to Vancouver. Defencely he was the best all year for the Tigers last year and this year. He will definitely help the Chiefs on their way through the playoffs. If Trevor had been a year older when he was at St. Louis's camp he might have had a good shot at playing in the American league. Good luck Chief's and hope for a good run against the Americans as they also have a good team. Believe the winner of this series will represent the west at Kitchener.

wheels1
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Looking forward to this series against Spokane. Fully expect the series to go 7 games and possibly a couple of OT games.

As far as Spokane having the harder series.. UMMM Vancouver hasn't beaten the AMS in TWO seasons. Once again the AM's get no credit. We didn't get credit during the Seattle series must of been a "fluke" that we won 52 games this season right? I don't think so. We have a solid D, consistant Goal tending, which seems to get better with big games, and we are scoring tons of goals on the PP. This could be an issue for us if we don't figure out a way to score 5 on 5. Don't expect the AM's to lay down and give You this series.

whats is going to take for the AM's to get a little credit this year.

I believe the winner of this series will represent the West as well.

Best of luck to both teams.

Rebelchild
04-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Not sure where that all came from! I think you may have some anger issues carrying over from another board. Let's reword this and see if you agree. Being #1 (that should make you feel good) you played the #8 (yes that would be the team 7, SEVEN , places under you) in the first round of the playoffs. That series finished you moved on to the 2nd round where you played the team that was 3 places under you. This one you guys REALLY wanted because last year they blew you out of the water! You might have beat Seattle but I don't think that it was as easy as some people would like others of us to believe. That said, we two teams that we played were the team that was the Division winner last year and then the defending Memorial Cup champs in the 2nd round. I don't think that it is unreasonable for people, and I am not just talking Chief fans, to believe that the AMs had the easier road to get to where they are. Bottom line, it really doesn't matter what two teams either of us played to get to where we are now. The only thing that matters is that we are BOTH here and we BOTH want to win this series very badly. It is also important to note that BOTH teams have the ability to walk away from this series with a win. I think that most people agree that neither team has a huge edge in any aspect of the game. This is going to be a battle. So do away with the hurt feelings. You really don't need us to tell you that you have a good team. Your team should have proven that to you by now. We KNOW we have a great team. We KNOW that our guys, if they play their game, can beat any team, any time, any place. Achieving that goal is what we are focused on. That said - let's clrkth

Ams4life
04-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Its so funny how heated some of these get! I just figure that both teams are great and neither team has a real advantage! I think that the teams play a very similar style of hockey and that you will see a very tight series! I believe that whoever makes the FEWEST mistakes will win the series! Both teams do well on capatalizing on mistakes so thats why I say that! I think the player that worries me the most would be Bruton because he is so a great presence on the ice. Truly I would have to say you need to watch out for Reddick, Procsychen, or Yellow Horn. Any one of those players can show up and be a huge deciding factor! GO AMS GO

Pete76
04-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Looking forward to this series against Spokane. Fully expect the series to go 7 games and possibly a couple of OT games.

As far as Spokane having the harder series.. UMMM Vancouver hasn't beaten the AMS in TWO seasons. Once again the AM's get no credit. We didn't get credit during the Seattle series must of been a "fluke" that we won 52 games this season right? I don't think so. We have a solid D, consistant Goal tending, which seems to get better with big games, and we are scoring tons of goals on the PP. This could be an issue for us if we don't figure out a way to score 5 on 5. Don't expect the AM's to lay down and give You this series.

whats is going to take for the AM's to get a little credit this year.

I believe the winner of this series will represent the West as well.

Best of luck to both teams.

It really depends on their FICO score ... :)

LinkGaetzFan
04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
I believe that whoever makes the FEWEST mistakes will win the series!

I completely agree.

OT - It's OK to use periods (.) instead of exclamation points (!) in some of your sentences. You remind me of that dude who does the infomercials (Willie Hays?) who is always shouting: "YOU GET TWO OXY CLEANS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE! YES JUST ONE!" ;)

I just have to give the rival fans some crap.

TriFan2005
04-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Not sure where that all came from! I think you may have some anger issues carrying over from another board. Let's reword this and see if you agree. Being #1 (that should make you feel good) you played the #8 (yes that would be the team 7, SEVEN , places under you) in the first round of the playoffs. That series finished you moved on to the 2nd round where you played the team that was 3 places under you. This one you guys REALLY wanted because last year they blew you out of the water! You might have beat Seattle but I don't think that it was as easy as some people would like others of us to believe. That said, we two teams that we played were the team that was the Division winner last year and then the defending Memorial Cup champs in the 2nd round. I don't think that it is unreasonable for people, and I am not just talking Chief fans, to believe that the AMs had the easier road to get to where they are. Bottom line, it really doesn't matter what two teams either of us played to get to where we are now. The only thing that matters is that we are BOTH here and we BOTH want to win this series very badly. It is also important to note that BOTH teams have the ability to walk away from this series with a win. I think that most people agree that neither team has a huge edge in any aspect of the game. This is going to be a battle. So do away with the hurt feelings. You really don't need us to tell you that you have a good team. Your team should have proven that to you by now. We KNOW we have a great team. We KNOW that our guys, if they play their game, can beat any team, any time, any place. Achieving that goal is what we are focused on. That said - let's clrkth

what you mean for being #1 team in conference we get an easier road to the conference finals? you would think that the 3rd place team in the conference like the chiefs would end up getting to play the worst teams the whole way through. honestly captain obvious? your precious chiefs had the chance to clinch #1 and play the Blazers and the T-Birds and couldn't get it done... looks like that regular season does mean alot huh.
more on the easier route...the blazers series was an easy one for us... i mean as far as match ups. HOWEVER the seattle series was hard... seattle has had our number mostly because nachbaur used to coach there and hasnt changed his system one bit since

the big turning point this series will be special teams... the ams pk unit was like 24 for 25 against seattle. if that happens against the chiefs ya good luck winning the series. same with our power play. we killed seattle on it. the goalie battle wil be very fun to see.

my overall prediction is AMS in 5
with the chiefs winning game 3

Rebelchild
04-17-2008, 10:28 AM
I can live with that. There can't seem to be a discussion with some of you unless you can get some name calling in. Yes they ARE my "precious Chiefs" and I am down right proud to claim them! Taking first place and playing the easier seeds would have been nice, but then we obviously didn't have to play those teams to advance. We played it one game at a time against two really good teams and here we are. And yes, that is all because YOU won a pivotal game. Feel free to throw that out a few more times if it makes you feel better about yourself. But back to the the original discussion which actually was how you had easier teams to play to advance. You jump all over my case for explaining WHY some people think you had an easier road and then turn around and agree! So which is it? Did you have an easier road to get to where you are now or not? Just try to pick one and go with it.

I don't know who is going to win this match up between us. I think it is too even to call. (I wonder how many times someone is going to have to say that before the nasties read and comprehend!) But while you might WANT to take both games Friday and Sunday ... so do we ... and we have gotten it done - shut out style ... in your barn before.

I was happy for you guys when you FINALLY won a banner and took the Munro trophy. I felt like you guys really worked hard and deserved it. But some of the crap that we have had to listen to and put up with since certainly puts a damper on that.

This game is going to be decided on the ice by the boys and no nasty comments made by any of us is going to change it. For the boys on BOTH teams I hope that these are great games and that they can look back and know, win or lose, that it was how they played that determined the outcome. These kids, BOTH TEAMS, have all worked really hard to get here and they deserve that.

Stay-Puft
04-17-2008, 11:46 AM
At least I haven't heard a reference to the Terry Ryan goal a number of years back when Spokane had an overtime goal waved off.

This should be a great series to watch. Home ice means absolutely squat. Each team has shown the ability to win in the other's building. I don't see a reason why there couldn't be a split in each's barn for the 1st four games. These teams are too even to say this will be over in less than 6 games.

As for the "1st place" discussion, some of you need to grow up. Yes, the Ams won their last meeting to clinch #1 seed and all that went with it. Congratulations to the boys, the Ams organization and the fans who have had to deal with a lot over the last 20 years, including almost losing the franchise (thanks, by the way, to Spokane ownership for assisting in keeping the Ams here). There will finally be hockey banners hanging from the rafters in the Toyota Center. But Spokane has a few of them, including a Memorial Cup banner.

And another thing, only ignorant people say it doesn't mean anything or they haven't won anything yet, or if they don't win the series its all for naught. They accomplished something very important: keeping up the buzz and the excitement about hockey here in Tri. From what I hear, the fan base is expanding,which is healthy for the franchise. You may not care about that in Spokane since you have a great ownership group and sound stability since the francise was started, but some of us down here do and are glad to see it. On a personal note, I just hope the Ams don't have Spokane as their home opener next year and do the banner unveilings at the same time. That would be pretty bush league in my opinion. (By the way, the people that say that stuff about not meaning anything are usually the same people that would be the ones talking about what they just won during the regular season in the biggest game of the year and throwing it in someone else face. Just my experience.)

No matter where you are seeded, you play who you play. Just look at the NHL where the #1 seeds couldn't even get out of the first or second round. No game in the playoffs is easy or a slam dunk. If you think that one opponent is easier than another at this time of year, you're fooling yourself. They all have the ability to beat you. You play the cards that are dealt to you and move on. There are no easy roads.

As an Ams fan, I will be rooting them on to win the series. But no matter how the series goes, as a hockey fan, it should be a good one to watch. Would you expect anything different from 2 teams with over 100 points in the regular season? Just remember what you are witnessing, 2 of the top 4 rated teams in the CHL hooking up for a best-of-7 series. Too bad this couldn't be for the Memorial Cup trip, but you play them where and when they tell you. Good luck to both teams. clrkthj

TriFan2005
04-17-2008, 12:59 PM
rebel i wasn't trying to anger you or anything.... i just think it's funny how you gloat that the chiefs had a tougher road to get to this round and the ams played the lowers seeds (even going as far as bolding that the ams played a team seven seeds lower). i was just point out to you, in case you by chance had forgotten that that's the whole reason the Ams wanted to win the regular season title so that we could get an "easier" road to the Memorial Cup. I'm sure if the chiefs had won the regular season title you wouldn't be oblivious to the fact that that is the prize that comes with the Western Conference Regular Season Championship. and as Stay-Puft stated this time of the year that crap they call seeding can be thrown out the window because it really is a brand new season come playoff time. point and case Tri vs Seattle last year or Regina vs Swift Current this year. Sure we played lower seeded teams but honestly I think us playing Vancouver may have been easier for us then us playing seattle, just my opinion based off the fact Seattle pretty much owns our playbook.

as far as the Ams vs Spokane series I really honestly don't see Spokane winning more than 1 game in Tri. I really don't think they'll win 1 here either. after that game 1 where Seattle smacked us around we've had 2 shutouts on home ice and have played a lot more motivated hockey. I hate to say it again but it will be a battle of special teams and right now our special teams is on fire. Our power play leads the league in the playoffs at 28% while Spokane is at 12.8% and our Penalty Kill is at 86.8% and Spokane is very close at 86.5% (was only 80% for the regular season though). with that said i really hope the refs are a non-factor unlike Game 1 vs Seattle.

heres to a great series guys. hope to see you all down here

kaniksu
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
I find this entire thread comical. I just hope it means full seats and loud fans in both Tri-Cities and Spokane.

All that matters right now for both teams is the next 4-7 games. Nothing else.

Ams2Fan
04-17-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't know who is going to win this match up between us. I think it is too even to call. (I wonder how many times someone is going to have to say that before the nasties read and comprehend!)

I think in everyone's heart of hearts they know this to be true. It's probably their passion for their team bringing out the "nasty" in them. Lord knows I'm guilty of that. But both of these teams have more than proven their worth and in that respect there is no point in arguing about who is going to win. Like you said, too close to call. Talent-wise, if my boys lose, it will be nice to know they lost to such a good team! Rivalry-wise, it'll bite the big one :laugh: but time will heal our wounds.

Rebelchild
04-17-2008, 01:28 PM
My response, even bolded, was directed at Wheels 1 (hope I have that name right) because I felt that they were whinning about the AMs not getting any recognition. Good grief. Who cares. YOU have the banner and the Munro Trophy. Those two things speak for themselves and not a single one of you - players or fans - have to say anything in support of that. You were slated to finish last? close to last? Well guess who the joke is on and it isn't you!

See, this is how I personally feel about the Cheifs and the AMs. I am a Chiefs fan 100%. I have family and friends who are AMs fans. I LOVE the games we play against each other but I do NOT understand why people cannot seem to play nice. Both of these teams have been incredible this year. If we hadn't beaten each other a few times this year neither one of us would be where we are now so aren't we glad we won and lost?

I am pretty new to this game as a fan goes. But there is a lot involved in it. It has a great history. What I really like is the age of the players and the ability to interact with them. If you are lucky you get to watch someone like Carey Price, that you know personally, play professionally! Wow. Personally I would love the chance to talk to some of your players like we have the chance to talk to ours. These kids are some of the neatest people in the world and what we see on the ice isn't always a really good representation of who they really are. I have been trying for months to adopt Johnny Lazo and move him to Spokane! I haven't suceeded yet but I will persevere. You would think I would at least get an autographed photo of him! yeehoo To make matters worse I as told he has a little bropther that you guys are hogging too! Some things just are not fair.

Anyway, that's my story. All I can say is I hope these playoffs are as good as the regular season. I don't think we could ask for more. Of course that means this won't be over until the last second of Game 7! LOL GO CHIEFS! clrkthj

Pete76
04-17-2008, 06:08 PM
GAME #1 AND GAME #3 ARE ON TV ... comcast ... BONUS!

Ams2Fan
04-17-2008, 07:01 PM
My response, even bolded, was directed at Wheels 1 (hope I have that name right)

:skeptical Okay.. my apologies for offering my opinion on the entire subject at hand in a perfectly civil manner. I'll keep my apparently out-of-place thoughts on this public forum to myself from now on.

Gooooooooooo AMS!

HomerSimpson
04-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I can sum this whole series up in one sentence.

My unborn kids, 20 years from now will talk about this series and it's importance to the rivalry.

Rebelchild
04-18-2008, 09:42 AM
I started coming to this site because people seemed to play marginally nicer than they do anywhere else. So, tell me what to do. I made the honest effort to tell you that I was NOT responding to anything you said and you are still upset. I don't get it. What part of my response did you take exception to this time? Was it saying that what Wheels 1 said was what got me going? Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the fact that the AMS winning the banner and the trophy speaks for itself and requires no defense? Hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the fact that I love watching the games between the Chiefs and the AMs. That seems pretty minor tho. Could it have been because I said how cool all the kids were and I would really like the chance to talk to some of your players? I don't think I am contagious but I guess you never know. Oh, wait, I thik I have it! I said I wanted to adopt Johnny Lazo! How stupid can I be?! That still doesn't seem like a very good reason to throw out the blue grouchy face tho. You know, I did finally mention that I thought this series would be decided in the last second of game 7. I guess you might consider that an insult as the general consensus seems to be that you won the series during regular season so it is a given by some of the AMs fan base that you will do it again! I can't come up with a good reason so whatever set you off - SORRY! Wasn't intentional and will make EVERY effort to make sure it NEVER happens again. punk rock

Ams4life
04-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Lets just talk about the EPIC battle at hand and know that no matter what one of these teams will probably be going to the memorial cup. Each team is great and may the best of the best win. Hopefuly the AMERICANS!!!! GO AMS GO

Ams2Fan
04-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Rebelchild - the way it sounded, when you made it a point to say that you were responding to him, was that you didn't like me interjecting in the exchange between the two of you. I wasn't the least bit upset with anything you said. It is very easy to take things wrong when you are only reading what is typed and not hearing the person's tone or seeing their face. I'm sorry if I misunderstood. And that's a skeptical face, not a grouchy one! :p

(See.. I play nice most of the time. I can admit when I'm wrong!)

Is it 7 o'clock yet? clrkth pbj vc1tt

Pete76
04-18-2008, 03:00 PM
crying is for the girls bathroom ... clrkthj

As far as I am concerned - I will remember who wins for about 2-3 days, then I will put the site away until camp starts next year ... and then when we play the AMS for the first game next season, I will not care who won this series... its not like beating them this year is going to make it okay if we get are arses kicked next year, and its not like I'm goign to be upset next year if we get are arses kicked in this series ... its hockey (no more / no less) ... for the players sake, I hope they play well, and I hope nobody gets injured, and that they have good memories of their playoff experience ... I can't imagine being 16-20 and giving up all that time with my family so that I could chase a dream ... mass props to all the players for their hard work and dedication ... it is still incredible to me just how few WHL players make it to the NHL, or even the AHL ... go out and support your team, they deserve it! (IMO)

Rebelchild
04-18-2008, 03:15 PM
And no - it is only 2:01P! For future reference - so we can continue playing nice - I like discussions even if you don't agree with me. I am not big into name calling but tend to get sarcastic on occassion - either because I am marginally irritated or trying to make a point that I think should be obvious! LOL I am a total novice at hockey and have no problem admitting it although I do mke an honest effort at not making stupid responses. I don't have a problem asking questions or doing some research. Only way to learn and I will figure this out! I really enjoy picking the brains of the people on these sights that will take the time to answer you without trying to humiliate you! So ... NOW can I dopt Johnny?! LOL Here's to a great game tonight. Maybe we can compare notes tomorrow?

dondo
04-19-2008, 12:52 AM
holy crap boys a 1-0 win for Spoke in double OT? Talk about parity. Looks like Pickard stood on his head and Tokarski was rock solid as usual.

So was it a defensive battle or an exciting game with lots of chances but excellent goaltending? By the shot count it looks like the teams had at least a few chances.

Curious how Spokane who had one of the best PPs in the league this season have had a hard time making those opportunities count.

LifelongChiefsFan
04-19-2008, 02:10 AM
holy crap boys a 1-0 win for Spoke in double OT? Talk about parity. Looks like Pickard stood on his head and Tokarski was rock solid as usual.

So was it a defensive battle or an exciting game with lots of chances but excellent goaltending? By the shot count it looks like the teams had at least a few chances.

Curious how Spokane who had one of the best PPs in the league this season have had a hard time making those opportunities count.

There were quite a few scoring chances throughout the game, more so for Spokane than Tri-City. In the overtime, the majority of the play was in the Americans' end of the ice, the Chiefs were determined to come out victorious in game one. It was still tough though, Both Tokarski and Pickard made some excellent saves and both goalies got help from the pipe as well. Bowman rang one off the crossbar with 4 mins left in the first OT and Tri-City hit the post about 20 seconds or so into the second overtime before Spokane went down and scored. A lot of the game was somewhat slow, especially the starts of the first period and overtime, but each team did have their chances. Both teams seemed to play pretty good defense so it was bizarre that Roman was able to get so open in the second overtime. Maybe fatigue was starting to set in?

Definitely gotta give props to the Chiefs defensive corps though, they played so well considering Cowen got kicked out of the game one minute into the second period. Both Craig West and the Americans TV broadcasters said that Cowen should not have been ejected, but at least he should be fresh for game 2! I expect a more aggressive game from the Americans on Sunday, but I'm confident Peters will have the boys ready and if they play their game, they can head back to Spokane up 2-0. Here's to a great game on Sunday.

Go Chiefs! :thumb:

LinkGaetzFan
04-19-2008, 10:25 AM
There were quite a few scoring chances throughout the game, more so for Spokane than Tri-City. In the overtime, the majority of the play was in the Americans' end of the ice,
Go Chiefs! :thumb:

From my experience the team with all the momentum and scoring chances in overtime usually comes up short, but I was happily surprised when we finally pounded one in.

I may have to find a bar that shows the game Sunday, anyone have any suggestions?

Rebelchild
04-19-2008, 10:28 AM
I think we spent a lot more time at their end of the ice than they would have liked. Chet was awesome! A lot of the TV shots come from behind the net so you got to see just what he was having to do to keep that puck out of the net! We also outshot them badly. Part of that is because we were closest to their net most of the time but I am wondering if they weren't trying to set up for that perfect shot. Also, their TV guys said that they were trying to do too much individually. The call on Jared reminds me a lot of the call on Justin F when he laid out Dailey. Johnny Lazo (who I admit to wanting to adopt) is about 5'5" and Jarend is about 6'5". He doesn't even have to lift his arm to hit Lazo and he probably didn't even see him down there! Good thing tho - the boys were up to the challenge. Considering that Tri has been so hot on the PP the fact that they couldn't capitalize on a 5 min said a lot for our guys! But what a game! I think Tri now knows that we are going to fight very hard for what we want. I expect this next game to be a lot closer, see a lot more offense from both teams. One game does not a series make and especially with these two teams. GO CHIEFS!! yeehoo

hurricaneflag7
04-19-2008, 10:32 AM
It must of been a good game if they went to double ot and won 1-0...am i right.

Rebelchild
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
One of the AMs regular posters said something I kind of got a kick out of! He said that "Chet and the Chiefs played great". LOL GO CHIEFS! yeehoo

chiefaholic
04-19-2008, 04:01 PM
From my experience the team with all the momentum and scoring chances in overtime usually comes up short, but I was happily surprised when we finally pounded one in.

I may have to find a bar that shows the game Sunday, anyone have any suggestions?

I'm with ya there man. I don't know , maybe I'm a sceptic , But I was fully expecting the Ams to get the lucky bounce in ot after the Chiefs outworked them for such a long stretch. It usually seems to work that way doesn't it? As far as a bar showing sundays game, I don't believe sundays is on t.v.. Mondays is , but alot good that does when we are in our own barn..lol. We need to talk one of the local bars into showing out of town games on their big screens via the web. Amsrocker was able to get 2 bars in Tri to do this , and the Ams faithful gather and watch all of their road games. We might be able to get George Talotti to put the games on at his Red lion pub since he was a Spokane Jet and still is very into hockey from what I understand. I don't know , it might be worth a shot.

Ams2Fan
04-20-2008, 05:22 AM
The Chiefs totally outworked and outplayed the Ams. Funny thing is, I still don't think the Chiefs were at 100%. And I don't mean to take anything away from the Chiefs, but the Ams were clearly not at 100% either.

There are a couple of Ams posters on the Network54 board saying both teams played great and such. I totally disagree. I have seen these teams at "great" and this wasn't it. Yea, it was an intense, somewhat interesting game to watch, but if I wanted to watch nothing but defense for sixty minutes I would become a T-Birds fan (no offense Seattle, it's just the way you guys play). IMO, the only "great" thing about that game was Chet! Tokarski played well too, but he wasn't challenged nearly as much as Pickard (and I don't mean he wouldn't have done just as well had he been!).

One thing the Ams have to figure out is how to shake off the mental rust when they come back from some time off. Physically they seemed fine until overtime, but there were countless mental mistakes and I cringed everytime certain players got the puck. I shudder to think what would have happened had the Chiefs been at their best and had Chet not!

Looking forward to tonight!!!

chiefaholic
04-20-2008, 07:48 AM
The Chiefs totally outworked and outplayed the Ams. Funny thing is, I still don't think the Chiefs were at 100%. And I don't mean to take anything away from the Chiefs, but the Ams were clearly not at 100% either.

There are a couple of Ams posters on the Network54 board saying both teams played great and such. I totally disagree. I have seen these teams at "great" and this wasn't it. Yea, it was an intense, somewhat interesting game to watch, but if I wanted to watch nothing but defense for sixty minutes I would become a T-Birds fan (no offense Seattle, it's just the way you guys play). IMO, the only "great" thing about that game was Chet! Tokarski played well too, but he wasn't challenged nearly as much as Pickard (and I don't mean he wouldn't have done just as well had he been!).

One thing the Ams have to figure out is how to shake off the mental rust when they come back from some time off. Physically they seemed fine until overtime, but there were countless mental mistakes and I cringed everytime certain players got the puck. I shudder to think what would have happened had the Chiefs been at their best and had Chet not!

Looking forward to tonight!!!

I would have to agree with you. I think I even posted it on the Ams board. I don't feel like either team played their best hockey in game #1...maybe it was a feeling out process , maybe it was a little rust on both teams parts , i guess we will have to see as the series progresses. I Know this series is going to get far more intense before it's all said and done. Should be one hell of a ride.
GO CHIEFS!! :groovy:

LinkGaetzFan
04-20-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm with ya there man. I don't know , maybe I'm a sceptic , But I was fully expecting the Ams to get the lucky bounce in ot after the Chiefs outworked them for such a long stretch. It usually seems to work that way doesn't it? As far as a bar showing sundays game, I don't believe sundays is on t.v.. Mondays is , but alot good that does when we are in our own barn..lol. We need to talk one of the local bars into showing out of town games on their big screens via the web. Amsrocker was able to get 2 bars in Tri to do this , and the Ams faithful gather and watch all of their road games. We might be able to get George Tolloti to put the games on at his Red lion pub since he was a Spokane Jet and still is very into hockey from what I understand. I don't know , it might be worth a shot.

I know he owns 211 (kitty corner from the Red Lion), but I wasn't aware he owned the Red Lion as well. Little good it does me anyway since I'll be going to both home games. I thought tonight's game was on TV, but I just checked and you're right, it's games 1 and 3. Oh well, there's always Mike Boyle on 1510 :p

chiefaholic
04-20-2008, 04:57 PM
I know he owns 211 (kitty corner from the Red Lion), but I wasn't aware he owned the Red Lion as well. Little good it does me anyway since I'll be going to both home games. I thought tonight's game was on TV, but I just checked and you're right, it's games 1 and 3. Oh well, there's always Mike Boyle on 1510 :p

You could always get the webcast. It's like $7.25 or something after tax. Better than just the radio. Tri has an ok feed , It's not versus by any means but it's alright if ya know enough about hockey to know where the puck is at(which i'm sure you do). I wasn't aware that Talotti owned the 211 lol...he can actually be seen quite often serving food to the customers At the red lion pub. We end up talking hockey with him quite often. He's a character , I think he'd love your screen name , he's definatley old school when it comes to hockey vc119

HomerSimpson
04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Funny, we were at that game, and I told my wife while the Ams piled on top of each other that they hadn't won anything yet, and that we'd see them again in the conference finals in a few weeks with a chance for bitter sweet revenge. Fans of the "395" series will remember this one for a long, long time.

Revenge is ever so sweet. Congrats to the Ams on a great season...really could have gone either way in the playoffs, but I'm glad we took them down. I would have rather it been the Ams than anyone else if it hadn't been the Chiefs; we couldn't have asked for a better conference final.